New Camper Here - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-23-2015, 11:55 AM   #1

Massachusetts
Smile New Camper Here

Hello All!

I am new to the forum and have a new 2015 Aspen Trail 2710BH. We updgraded from a 20 year old 10 foot popup and let me tell you, we were so excited to hit the road for our first trip last week. Everything went great!! We are just trying to figure everything out.

I do have a question...I was reviewing the brochure from Aspen Trail and it said that mandatory options included the "Black Tank Flush" but I think I am missing something here. Maybe I am confused but I do not see anything on the camper that has this. The option listing also said double sink covers, but got none of those either.

Anyone got an idea for me?

Old 07-23-2015, 12:41 PM   #2

Illinois
Can't speak to your specific model but my sink covers on my Voltage were wooden cutting boards and also the granite cut-outs. My black tank flushes are "Sani-Flush" and look like garden hose connections. Hope this helps.
Rusty

2005 Harley Ultra Classic w/too many miles
lcv800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 01:22 PM   #3
Site Team

North Carolina
Welcome!

IF you have black tank flush, there will be an outlet on the side of the trailer, probably in the wall above the dump valves and clearly marked. Typically there is a warning sticker too that will tell you to leave the dump valve open while using it.

Me? I have a magic wand.

Aaron
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 01:50 PM   #4

Massachusetts
Looks like I am going to have to use the magic wand! I definitely do not have any other valves and definitely no "Sani-Flush" connections.

So you actually just go into the camper with your hose hooked to that and spray down into the toilet and then flush it out?
Old 07-23-2015, 02:27 PM   #5
Site Team

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitetoast View Post
Looks like I am going to have to use the magic wand! I definitely do not have any other valves and definitely no "Sani-Flush" connections.

So you actually just go into the camper with your hose hooked to that and spray down into the toilet and then flush it out?
Yup

My camper is tiny, the toilet is only about 3' from the door. I have seen people run the hose in a convenient window too.

I typically only flush my tanks when I am on a full hookup site or at home. I also use the geo method for keeping them clean. It goes a long ways towards keeping things working well. Some people don't like using the bleach, and it doesn't seem to really make a lot of difference. There is also a gizmo called a Flush King I had one years ago and made the mistake of selling with one of my trailers.

I currently use the wand, because it was cheap and someone gave it to me.

Aaron
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 04:39 PM   #6

Montana
I have a 2012 Aspen Trail 2710BH. It did not come with a black tank flush or magic wand.

It did come with the double sink cover.
Old 09-25-2015, 12:54 AM   #7

Quebec
[QUOTE=Whitetoast;29489]Hello All!

New to this forum and DUtchmen owners.
We just bought a used 2012 Aspen Trail 2710bh that will be delivered on next Tuesday. After ten years in a ten ft pop-up, it will be quite different. This is our first travel trailer. We will have our training on delivery but there is a lot to learn and experience. Any advise on this trailer Will be greatly appreciated. Any driving tips for a newbe also appreciated, it is 28 ft long. It might be quite small for most of you but I will have to adapt myself to it.
Crabtree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 01:03 AM   #8

Montana
We have the same camper. What will you be towing it with? Nothing really unique or special about this particular camper. We haven't figured out a convenient way to get the kids into the top bunk yet. I'm trying to devise a ladder that doesn't get in the way when not in use.
ewarnerusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 01:19 AM   #9

Quebec
We have a brand new GMC Sierra 1500 with v8 5.3l ecotec. 355hp, 9200# Towing capacity with 1800# payload. I am planning to buy the whole Towing gear: torsion bars, anti-sway...
Crabtree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 01:45 AM   #10

Montana
This trailer should be no problem for your truck with that payload capacity. Definitely get all those towing accessories you mentioned.