New - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen RV Owner's Community Forums > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 10-19-2015, 01:21 PM   #1

Arkansas
New

I'm new to Dutchmen product. Have a made a mistake in purchasing this unit. sounds like you guys have a lot if issues I can't fix on my own

Mteri2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 01:56 PM   #2

Nevada
MTeri2, First you have to tell us which Dutchmen unit you have, As to a mistake, all RV have something go wrong, some more then others, The main thing, did you get the RV you wanted, the best price, Did you do a good walk thru, If anything was broken or not working, did you have your Dealer fix it before you took it off the lot? You know the old saying, "They don't make them, like they use too" That's true....If your new to RVing, then you have a lot to learn, everyone here will help, but we have to know what needs to be repaired, a photo will help...I have had a Lance Truck Camper, a Trailer, A Montana 5th Wheel, a Fuzion Toy Hauler, and now my Voltage Toy Hauler, all of them had a few thing go bad or was put together poorly. Yes we pay to much for our RV's, but we like going places, A lot of the thing that go bad is because our RV's have to travel on these bad roads, and they get banged around....If you have a Good Dealer and they are good at repairs, that's the main thing, enjoy it and have fun.....Anything you buy now, cars, trucks, houses, etc all have good and bad, so don't think that way....

2019 GMC 3500HD 4X4 CC DRW LB Bags Husky 26K Hitch Can Am Commander 1000 ATV
RVNevada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 02:03 PM   #3

Oklahoma
If you read too much here, you will definitely get worried! I have had my trailer (it's my first one) for 2 months now. Three trips out and no major problems yet. The only fault found so far was the dvd was wired wrong from the factory. The guys on this site came to the rescue and told me how to remove the unit to rewire. LOTS of helpful people here, lots of info. Don't get stuck in the bad. Go enjoy your new camper!
Old 10-19-2015, 02:10 PM   #4

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mteri2 View Post
I'm new to Dutchmen product. Have a made a mistake in purchasing this unit. sounds like you guys have a lot if issues I can't fix on my own
My Voltage is the fifth RV I've purchased... no mistakes here!!!
It's as good or better than the rest!!!
(StarCraft, 2 Jaycos & a Heartland)

"The problem with internet quotes is that you can't always depend on their accuracy"
Abraham Lincoln, 1864

Mike & Helen
2014 Voltage 3895 EPIC III
2013 Ford F350 CC DRW FX4
HornedToad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 03:43 PM   #5

Wyoming
Mteri2...

When reading through these threads, I guess it does seem as if we have nothing but problems with our rigs. Unfortunately, that has been the case for a few folk... but overall, I think the majority of us are pretty happy. Oh sure, we have issues from time to time. But that's why we're here... to give advise & help.

Another thing to remember is this. There are thousands of Dutchmen owners, and only maybe about 50 or so who post regularly here. A very small percentage. And added to that, most only write a post when something is wrong. No one usually fells the need to write a post stating how well their AC units are working... or how great the microwave works. No news is good news, right? Thus, you only read about the bad.

So don't get discouraged... at least, not yet. All components eventually break. Considering how much these things get jarred around while going down the road... being set up and then taken down on a regular basis... it's a wonder things work as well as they do.
2018 BMW R1200GS RALLYE
ATCguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 05:41 PM   #6

Oklahoma
And by the way, my microwave is phenomenal! No kidding it's quick.
Old 10-19-2015, 05:56 PM   #7

Pennsylvania
Interesting reading here, and ATCguy has it correct - most posts are people having problems and/or asking questions. I currently own another brand and waiting for the Voltage 3970 I ordered to come in. I am active on that other forum, and was discussing with my wife about how many complaints are on this forum and wondering if we made a mistake switching brands.
I recalled how that forum was very similar to this forum until something good happened - the factory got involved, there are some customer service reps that are on the forums and working with the owners to get things resolved, and things started to get fixed much faster than before. So my point is to keep documenting the issues you have and any frustrations. Write to the president of the company, ask them if they monitor the forums and if not why not.

President, Susquehanna Valley Chapter Shelby Dodge Auto Club (SDAC)
Denviola is offline   Reply With Quote