New 264 RLSL - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-08-2015, 01:40 PM   #1

Oklahoma
New 264 RLSL

Signed for my first TT yesterday... We have no experience in these. Should take delivery on Saturday or early next week. If anyone has any suggestions for places to visit near Tulsa we would appreciate some suggestions as we want to start close to home and then start exploring the Americas. After several years of canvas tent camping I find it is difficult to find a place to pitch a tent unless one is at a Rendezvous, so we bought this for just getting out and enjoying life.

Red Badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 02:41 PM   #2

Oklahoma
First disappointment..... Got a call from the salesman - "found a scratch on the linoleum so we ordered new piece, it will be here next month and you will have to come in and leave you tt for a week or so..."

2nd disappointment... Dealer called and said because they are selling so many units we won't be able to pick up our new trailer until Thursday.

I hope this will not be a theme...

On another note: What clubs/organizations are there for camping? K.O.A. *& Good Sam are ones I remember form my youth...

Old 05-13-2015, 05:53 PM   #3

Arizona
IMHO If the dealer is pretty close by, I would do the PDI early in the week so they have time to fix anything found before you pick it up on Thursday.
2015 Polaris Ranger 900 EPS
Aztex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 11:39 PM   #4

Missouri
Congrats on your new trailer!
I think all the dealers are busy this time of year.
As for KOA or Good Sam, if your going to be staying at those places, its a good deal. Good Sam has additional savings on other things like gas and camping world. Usually you can get a Good Sam membership for $25 and it comes with a twenty dollar coupon for Camping World.

2014 Denali 289RK
2017 Nissan Titan XD Pro-4X CC.
EricNSTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 02:41 AM   #5

Oklahoma
Angry Major disappointment...

Well 5 months after we were told about the scratch they finally had us bring the unit in for warranty work, added a few other details and were told not to worry... Fast forward to November 20th - the unit is ready for pick up -
Tech took us to the lot and showed told us how much of a rebuild the unit was and what he had found in the tanks, ( I had mentioned bad water pressure) he climbed up into the unit and extended the slide and we both heard the sickening sound of linoleum being torn... Scratched it in the same exact spot....
I was rather upset at another waste of my time so caustically asked "Will I get the unit back before July?" and was told they would have to file more warranty paperwork and see what developed...

Long story short - they would not give me any of my money back because we had had it in our possession but would take it in as a trade for a 2015 291RESL if I would pay an extra 60 a month on a new loan... They wanted my unit to send back to the factory to do testing to find out what was causing the scratches... or I could wait until they got more materials and Dutchman agreed to the warranty....

So we now own a 2015 291 RESL ... Winterized by them and maybe I will be able to go camping in 2016....
Old 12-05-2015, 03:01 PM   #6

Florida
What a bummer!!!! Keep us updated...
Handyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 05:06 PM   #7

Ontario
We have the 2014 291, very happy with it. Only one issue was with the Schwinteck slide t and that's being done over the winter and is warranty covered. Overall we are very happy with the 291. Hopefully you will be too.
Adair1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 03:23 AM   #8

Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adair1965 View Post
We have the 2014 291, very happy with it. Only one issue was with the Schwinteck slide t and that's being done over the winter and is warranty covered. Overall we are very happy with the 291. Hopefully you will be too.
Schwinteck slide t ? I know nothing of this unit yet and the dining room slide does not look like went all the way out before it stopped - I am going to contact the dealer and schedule a visit for it but also want to see if anything else pops up, we are not using the trailer right now and it is winterized but with the weather conditions here in Oklahoma we want it to be ready if we do need to utilize it for company if we have power outages... ( We have wind/solar backup here and the neighbors stay with us if things get nasty).
Old 12-07-2015, 09:14 PM   #9

Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Badger View Post
Well 5 months after we were told about the scratch they finally had us bring the unit in for warranty work, added a few other details and were told not to worry... Fast forward to November 20th - the unit is ready for pick up -
Tech took us to the lot and showed told us how much of a rebuild the unit was and what he had found in the tanks, ( I had mentioned bad water pressure) he climbed up into the unit and extended the slide and we both heard the sickening sound of linoleum being torn... Scratched it in the same exact spot....
I was rather upset at another waste of my time so caustically asked "Will I get the unit back before July?" and was told they would have to file more warranty paperwork and see what developed...

Long story short - they would not give me any of my money back because we had had it in our possession but would take it in as a trade for a 2015 291RESL if I would pay an extra 60 a month on a new loan... They wanted my unit to send back to the factory to do testing to find out what was causing the scratches... or I could wait until they got more materials and Dutchman agreed to the warranty....

So we now own a 2015 291 RESL ... Winterized by them and maybe I will be able to go camping in 2016....
Speaking of winterizing in Tulsa. August 2014 my 3800 went to the dealer in Tulsa for the second slide repair. In November they called and wanted to know if I wanted to come up and winterize the RV or have them do it. I told them to go ahead and winterize it.
In December I retrieved the RV from the Tulsa dealer and brought it home. While preparing to set it up for occupancy I opened the fresh water tank to flush it out. To my surprise about ten gallons of water dropped out, pure potable water. I did further checking of the water distribution system and found what appeared to be a marginal attempt to winterize my hauler.
I called the dealer in Tulsa to complain that I had paid them to winterize the hauler but the fresh water tank contained gallons of fresh water following winterization.
Dealer dude said he'd call me back, which he did with the explanation that the shop dude did his part but it must have been the yard dude that didn't do his.
I dodged the bullet on that one but I'm sure it would have been my dime to handle any freeze damage that could have happened.
So,,,,,,,,,,I don't know which Tulsa dealer you use but I'd be damn sure to make sure your RV gets properly winterized.
Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 06:17 PM   #10

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by sundancer 87 View Post
Speaking of winterizing in Tulsa. August 2014 my 3800 went to the dealer in Tulsa for the second slide repair. In November they called and wanted to know if I wanted to come up and winterize the RV or have them do it. I told them to go ahead and winterize it.
In December I retrieved the RV from the Tulsa dealer and brought it home. While preparing to set it up for occupancy I opened the fresh water tank to flush it out. To my surprise about ten gallons of water dropped out, pure potable water. I did further checking of the water distribution system and found what appeared to be a marginal attempt to winterize my hauler.
I called the dealer in Tulsa to complain that I had paid them to winterize the hauler but the fresh water tank contained gallons of fresh water following winterization.
Dealer dude said he'd call me back, which he did with the explanation that the shop dude did his part but it must have been the yard dude that didn't do his.
I dodged the bullet on that one but I'm sure it would have been my dime to handle any freeze damage that could have happened.
So,,,,,,,,,,I don't know which Tulsa dealer you use but I'd be damn sure to make sure your RV gets properly winterized.

This is exactly why I won't take my stuff back to any dealer for anything but warranty work or recalls.

I got a little mom and pop repair shop about 40 miles away from my house, even closer than the dealer. They do good work and have a great warranty on the work they preform. They also rebuild appliances and give you a one year warranty on those. Great if you own an older camper and you can't find a new direct fit replacement.

The good thing about dealing with them, they don't sell RVs, so the work gets done on a first come first served basis and a new trailer sale won't bump you down the line.

DEALER DUDE doesn't get any more of my money.
hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 09:54 PM   #11

Oklahoma
Bob Hurley RV has been reasonably good with me - the RLSL was beyond their control I understand that, and the service guys showed me how to winterize the camper and explained each step and how I could do it myself at home next year. They also clued me in that if they winterize it, they will also de-winterize it at no cost... I don't know if that is standard policy in the industry but made me feel better...