Just purchased new Aerolite 213RBSL - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen RV Owner's Community Forums > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 05-02-2018, 08:47 PM   #1

Oregon
Just purchased new Aerolite 213RBSL

Hello there,

I have used many forums in the past but never signed up as a member before. looking forward to learning and sharing with this community! My first challenges include.....

1: cable based slide. When I slide in, I hear cable noise on the right side pulley, sliding out seems quiet. When checking youtube, it seems my setup might be too tight on the chain. I will search the forums to see if this is a common complaint.

2: I just installed a Furrion wireless camera and the trailer taps the backup light for powering the camera. I would like to know where this is done so I could switch to powering from running lights to use while driving. I have seen a few threads on this and will keep looking.

Thanks,
-Theo

Theo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 01:04 PM   #2

Florida
Hello Theo! Welcome to the forum!

franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 02:21 PM   #3

Tennessee
I love our 213, great lil camper. Mine has the Schwintec Lippert slide system and I don't need a backup camera, so that's strike two on me.
Old 05-07-2018, 04:33 AM   #4

Texas
Another 213'er here.

Cable slide. (it never gets used. Stays out)
No backup camera Cuz it's never getting backed in again.

Gotta ask, so you got a new one?
What year, may I ask?
Rumors are they did away with the Jumbo shower enclosure in that awesome bathroom. Did they?

Regardless, congrats!
Welcome to the 213 cult following.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
2003 Ram 2500 Cummins (can't kill this beast)
snakebitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 05:39 PM   #5

Oklahoma
From what I saw in the layouts, it's a corner shower now.
Old 07-19-2018, 09:59 PM   #6

Oregon
Sorry for delay. GTWags is correct, corner shower but I like the additional cabinets they added in the bathroom. It is a 2018, bought new.
Theo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 11:28 AM   #7

Georgia
Welcome to the 213 cult following! Great Lil-Big Camper!
I have a slide and use it, but so far no problems at all.
I am fairly good at backing it up, so no BU Camera either. But I must admit the best thing I did for backing into the site was to install a Level Mate Pro along with the Anderson Leveling Blocks. Now its back her in and level in one shot!

2016 Aerolite 213RBSL
2013 F150 3.5 Ecoboost Tow Package
gjwinner850 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 12:02 PM   #8

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjwinner850 View Post
Welcome to the 213 cult following! Great Lil-Big Camper!
I have a slide and use it, but so far no problems at all.
I am fairly good at backing it up, so no BU Camera either. But I must admit the best thing I did for backing into the site was to install a Level Mate Pro along with the Anderson Leveling Blocks. Now its back her in and level in one shot!
Hello... I have a question about the Anderson levelers... Does your RV have the independent axles? How do you really like the levelers? Any danger of doing any damage to the tires like with the blocks? I agree with you about the Level Mate Pro... AWESOME!
Old 07-20-2018, 12:19 PM   #9

Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by franktafl View Post
Hello... I have a question about the Anderson levelers... Does your RV have the independent axles? How do you really like the levelers? Any danger of doing any damage to the tires like with the blocks? I agree with you about the Level Mate Pro... AWESOME!
Yes it has independent axles. I was tired of backing in and out 3-5 times trying to get the darn camper level. I am an older not so slim guy so I ended up a a sweaty mess before I was able to level out the trailer.

Now I flip just the switch on the Level Mate Pro and start the app on my iPhone, back in to just past where I want to be and slide in the Anderson Levelers on the front side (both tires) and pull forward until I am level (watching my iPhone), set the truck parking brake, insert the chocks on the levelers and its a done deal side to side. Then I come up off the hitch, set the hitch memory position on the Level Mate Pro, and pull the truck out of the way and level it front to back. At most 10 minutes and no sweaty mess!

Both of these items are not cheap, but they have already paid for them selves!

2016 Aerolite 213RBSL
Old 07-20-2018, 12:53 PM   #10

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjwinner850 View Post
Yes it has independent axles. I was tired of backing in and out 3-5 times trying to get the darn camper level. I am an older not so slim guy so I ended up a a sweaty mess before I was able to level out the trailer.

Now I flip just the switch on the Level Mate Pro and start the app on my iPhone, back in to just past where I want to be and slide in the Anderson Levelers on the front side (both tires) and pull forward until I am level (watching my iPhone), set the truck parking brake, insert the chocks on the levelers and its a done deal side to side. Then I come up off the hitch, set the hitch memory position on the Level Mate Pro, and pull the truck out of the way and level it front to back. At most 10 minutes and no sweaty mess!

Both of these items are not cheap, but they have already paid for them selves!
I think the levelmate pro is fantastic. I like that it tells me that I have __ inches to raise to get level. Most of the time, I can live with an inch or so but it makes it so easy to get level... I'll invest in the Anderson and some NON SKID tape.
Old 07-20-2018, 06:36 PM   #11

New York
Just a side note to the Anderson levlers, I bought a set last month, went to use them for the first time and they snapped in half as I was backing onto them. My camper is only a 19 ft Coleman, was in grass, not sure why they failed first time. Sending back to Anderson.
mictin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 06:44 PM   #12

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by mictin2 View Post
Just a side note to the Anderson levlers, I bought a set last month, went to use them for the first time and they snapped in half as I was backing onto them. My camper is only a 19 ft Coleman, was in grass, not sure why they failed first time. Sending back to Anderson.
Wow, thanks for the heads up.
Old 07-20-2018, 07:22 PM   #13

New York
Not sure if it was due to being on grass, but there was never any warnings about using on grass vs a hard surface like black top. Also, if you do purchase a set, they are smooth on both sides, can slip out when driving up on them when wet, a lot of people apply step tread grip tape on them. I did see that there are a lot of other brands making them now. Some better than others. Keep in mind as well, if you get into any uneven parking situations that need more than 4" or 5" the levelers won't do any good as they have a max hieght based on the thickest point. Not sure if I'm going to try another set or stay with my good old fashioned wooden blocks!
mictin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 08:07 PM   #14

Georgia
Quote:
Not sure if it was due to being on grass, but there was never any warnings about using on grass vs a hard surface like black top. Also, if you do purchase a set, they are smooth on both sides, can slip out when driving up on them when wet, a lot of people apply step tread grip tape on them. I did see that there are a lot of other brands making them now. Some better than others. Keep in mind as well, if you get into any uneven parking situations that need more than 4" or 5" the levelers won't do any good as they have a max hieght based on the thickest point. Not sure if I'm going to try another set or stay with my good old fashioned wooden blocks!
Sorry to hear you had an issue. I have used mine 10-15 times with no tape and not problems to date. What did Anderson say? I would be interested to hear.

2016 Aerolite 213RBSL
Old 07-20-2018, 09:09 PM   #15
Site Team

North Carolina
I have been using the LynxLevelers for close to 20 years... hard to beat perfection! Got the first set with our popup back in 2000, bought a second set somewhere along the way, still have them, they are the one thing that did not get left with the RV's when we sold them. Currently they are in my motor home for backup if something happens to the hydraulic levelers.

Aaron
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 11:16 PM   #16

Maryland
Welcome fellow 213RBSL owner! Not having any issues you mention so can’t help. Good luck though and look forward to hear of your adventures.
2018 Ford F150 Supercrew Lariat
GTULOWITZKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 06:33 PM   #17

Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo View Post
Hello there,

I have used many forums in the past but never signed up as a member before. looking forward to learning and sharing with this community! My first challenges include.....

1: cable based slide. When I slide in, I hear cable noise on the right side pulley, sliding out seems quiet. When checking youtube, it seems my setup might be too tight on the chain. I will search the forums to see if this is a common complaint.

2: I just installed a Furrion wireless camera and the trailer taps the backup light for powering the camera. I would like to know where this is done so I could switch to powering from running lights to use while driving. I have seen a few threads on this and will keep looking.

Thanks,
-Theo
Hi Theo,
Congrats on your purchase, welcome to the forum; I am purchasing my first slide so, I am totally unfamiliar with slide issues. However, there is a lot of good advice here and I'm sure someone has experience you issue. Good luck, have fun, and hope to see you on the road sometime!

2013 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 4X4 MAX Tow Package
2018 Coleman Lite 1805RB
John_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 07:26 PM   #18

Florida
Quote:
I bought a set yesterday from amazon. I found out they are warrantied for life. Going to put the non-skid stuff on them so I can get a bit of traction and possibly no sliding...