Introduction, owner of an Aspen Trail 2710BH - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen RV Owner's Community Forums > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 12-20-2011, 03:39 PM   #1

Montana
Introduction, owner of an Aspen Trail 2710BH

Hello. My name is Ed. We just purchased a brand new 2012 Aspen Trail 2710BH by Dutchmen. We live in Helena, Montana. It is winter here, so I am anxiously waiting for camping season to arrive! We have twin boys that will be 2 years old this coming summer (2012) and we are looking forward to their first overnight camping trips. We have been using a smaller Funfinder X 139 prior to this and only do dry camping. This has been a very fun micro-sized travel trailer that suited us as a couple, but with the family doubling in size we needed to upsize to accommodate! With this new travel trailer I expect we will try some RV campground trips from time to time, but we hope to still be able to follow our whims and do mostly dry camping. We were after bunk beds for the boys and maybe some privacy options for us parents. The Aspen Trail 2710BH fit the bill with nice double sized bed bunks and a private BEDROOM for mom and dad! It has a door and everything! We tow it with a 2004 Toyota Tundra 4 door limited with the 4.7L V8. This truck is not a towing machine like a 3/4 ton diesel, but so far it has done great during my test tows of the trailer. We'll see how it handles the mountain passes whiled loaded up with water and gear! I am using a weight distribution hitch as well. We purchased from D & D RV Center here in Helena.
Bad lighting, but here we are hooked up ready to take it home from the dealer!

Old 12-20-2011, 09:39 PM   #2
Community Founder

Re: Introduction, owner of an Aspen Trail 2710BH

Hi Ed,

Welcome to the group. Congrats on your new purchase.

When you and your family do get out on your first trip, take some photos and post them in the photo section. We love photos. ;-hap

eRVm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 07:14 PM   #3

Hi Ed. Your Trailer look's really nice. Happy camping.

Colin & Karen
Calgary Alberta
2012 3500 Longhorn Ram Crew Cab
2012 Dutchmen Sport 265 BHS
FlyingDutchmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 10:47 PM   #4

Washington

Looks like a real nice combo you've got there. Enjoy those 2 year olds out there in the woods!
Right now it's kind of too to do that, right?

Glenn and Cheryle- loving retirement
Spokane, Washington
2012 Denali 289RK
2012 F150 4X4 Ecoboost Max Tow
Denali2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 10:55 PM   #5

Montana

Yes, right now it is too cold for our style of camping. Boondocking! My wife is tired of how much I day dream about the camper and how often I bring it up in conversation. I am very much looking forward to getting this thing out into the woods!
Old 02-17-2012, 03:41 AM   #6

Washington

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewarnerusa
Yes, right now it is too cold for our style of camping. Boondocking! My wife is tired of how much I day dream about the camper and how often I bring it up in conversation. I am very much looking forward to getting this thing out into the woods!

You most certainly have one of the most beautiful parts of the country in which to do that. I too am sooooooo looking forward to spring. We had to put our brand new Denali into storage the same day we drove it off the lot......c'mon SPRING!!!!!

Glenn and Cheryle- loving retirement
Spokane, Washington
2012 Denali 289RK
2012 F150 4X4 Ecoboost Max Tow
Denali2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 01:36 AM   #7

Nice!! Hope you get an early spring so you can go camping!
https://inlinethumb45.webshots.com/22...200x200Q85.jpg
rpounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 04:17 PM   #8

Montana
Installing a bathroom fan

I contacted Dutchmen to ask about getting a schematic in the hopes that there is a box already roughed in that I can install a bathroom fan into. I got a schematic that shows a vent area already put in! This should make it an easier project.