I'm Baaaaaack! NEWB TO DUTCHMAN - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen RV Owner's Community Forums > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 03-01-2020, 08:40 PM   #1

Georgia
I'm Baaaaaack! NEWB TO DUTCHMAN

Hello all,

Hopefully, over the coming years, I can assist, as well as give assistance for you all.
My wife and I just purchased a Kodiak Ultimate 2922FKDS and matter of factly I have not even taken delivery yet, should have it in the driveway by Thursday!

I just wanted to introduce myself as a new member of this forum, a new Dutchman owner and say HELLO! We have owned two other RV's in the past: A Northtrail and a Trailmanor.

Ron & Debbie Smith

Rockerga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 09:43 PM   #2

California
I am sure you know this already, but now days it is more important. Get the pre delivery inspection done and everything fixed before taking it off the lot or final papers. Some have waited for over 6 months to have things working.

Mike & Emily-Sacramento, CA
Our 4th trailer (2016 Aspen Trail 1900RB)
2018 F150 STX 2.7 Eco Boost
chily3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 11:27 PM   #3

Arizona
Be prepared for a long stay at the dealer to get things fixed. They're building junk these days.
azdryheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 12:43 AM   #4

Georgia
I printed out an oldie but goodie PDI Checklist specifically for a travel trailer an old friend once gave me I will take with me to follow. It should take about 3 hours to complete!
Yea, I am not in a hurry so they can keep it until it’s perfect! I still need to buy the tow vehicle (I have one that will work for short trips) and my Wife does not retire until 4/2!
��
Old 03-02-2020, 01:33 AM   #5

Texas
Welcome to the group.
Old 03-04-2020, 11:13 AM   #6

Georgia
Well, now I had better start camping, Retired and now a new truck...I think I must be mad! Well anyway, "New to me" these tow vehicles to err on the side of safety are too expensive "brand new" for my blood. So I bought a lightly used (41,000 miles) 2016 Denali 2500HD.
OUCH....A new RV and a Truck within 3 days....
Old 03-04-2020, 11:16 AM   #7

Georgia
Welcome to the group! Have fun out there!

2016 Aerolite 213RBSL
2013 F150 3.5 Ecoboost Tow Package
gjwinner850 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 11:19 AM   #8

Georgia
Thank you ALL

Hope to see you all in the campgrounds or on the road!
Old 03-27-2020, 04:02 PM   #9

Georgia
Should have had patience....

Quote:
Originally Posted by chily3 View Post
I am sure you know this already, but nowadays it is more important. Get the pre-delivery inspection done and everything fixed before taking it off the lot or final papers. Some have waited for over 6 months to have things working.
...and as another Gentleman stated: "They are building junk these days!" YES!
I got frustrated with my service tech during the PDI who was completely ignorant of anything regarding my RV, so I just left with my RV. TERRIBLE MISTAKE! Yes, you warned me... I am a handy and experienced RV owner so with Manuals in hand can almost accomplish anything..WHAT MANUALS. My envelope was void of all manuals except for the refrigerator and the fireplaces.

Then there is the out and out lack of quality control and things not at all correct. So back to the dealer I went.

It is now 3/27 and promises to get my RV back even next week are waning. (Purchased 2/29) I do not know where to begin to tell you where it all went wrong other than to simplify it all and state:

STAY AWAY FROM GANDER RV OF ATLANTA and Dutchman products, to begin with!

I will also take some of the blame for allowing a service tech to get under my skin so bad I just left. I should have asked for his boss and some other assistance.

No Service, No Support, NO QUALITY CONTROL. In two more days, I will have been the unhappy owner of a NEW RV for a month and it is still at the Dealer. At least the people at Dutchman tell you they can not/will not get involved to help you. The service techs at Gander just keep telling lies they cannot remember in the next conversation you have. Guess I could start making Christmas travel campground reservations, I may have it by then!

I have never had such a horrible experience as this in my entire 65 years of life.
Old 03-27-2020, 04:49 PM   #10

California
This is basically true of all RV manufacturing. Not sure about the those built in Oregon or Washington. Best thing to do is NOT take delivery or sign final paperwork until everything is fixed. If dealer not willing to do this them move on hopefully will find one that will.

Mike & Emily-Sacramento, CA
Our 4th trailer (2016 Aspen Trail 1900RB)
2018 F150 STX 2.7 Eco Boost
chily3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 05:05 PM   #11

Georgia
Yes, I made a huge mistake.

It is so sad how this could be the current state of the RV manufacturers now. I remember my prior RV ownership experiences were nothing but happiness and satisfaction from my Dealer and the Manufacturers. This was only 4 years ago! Is it all of them or just THIS ONE? I am going to logon to my old Heartland (NorthTrail) and Trailmanor Owners Forums and ask what the current state the quality control of their units is?
Old 03-28-2020, 12:49 PM   #12

Florida
Rocker, sorry to hear about your issues with your new RV. I think everyone here has experienced the marvelous service departments. There are some exceptions but unfortunately, few and far between.

It's very difficult to calmly take possession of a new RV and go through the entire pre-delivery checklist and not take your amazing purchase home and hit the road smiling!

Your story of not getting things fixed before taking delivery is a common one. I think everyone here has experienced that and we all give the warnings since it is probably what we wished we did in the first place.

The "manuals" are a joke and that would be my first inkling of what to expect from a manufacturer as far as the quality of the product itself. Mine was run off on a copier and barely legible. I would guess that the experiences we have with owner's manuals are not what we would expect, I mean, look what you get when you purchase a new car.

Again, sorry to hear about your issues. Good luck and eventually, happy camping.

Frank
franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 01:39 PM   #13

Georgia
Thank you for those words Frank. We are all in this together and the Forums have always been a place to go for assistance, an encouraging word or experienced advice to help with a problem.
I am here for the long haul and hope to be a giving member supporting our community.