Howdy - 1st time Toy Hauler - Dutchmen Owners

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen RV Owner's Community Forums > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 04-21-2014, 11:53 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
ducmons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 133
Arizona
Howdy - 1st time Toy Hauler

Hi there, name is JD & Family. Haven't placed the order, but we're looking at ordering a 2015 Voltage 3200, with all options. Does anyone know if there is are any changes from 2014?
__________________

ducmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 11:58 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Nana & Poppy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Old Forge
Posts: 886
New York
With Dutchmen....there are changes mid-year....so only the good Lord knows!!!!
__________________

__________________
Kathy & Leo ~Adirondack Mtn. Region of NY
2013 Rubicon 2900 Toy hauler
2010 Ford F-350 4x4 Lariat Dually Super Crew Diesel
Nana & Poppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 04:24 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
DesertRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Desert Hot Springs
Posts: 1,760
California
Yea who knows, my guess is will have different color option for the inside. Check around you might find a good deal on a left over 2014. I was looking at left over 2013 V3305 but got more options larger rig for just a couple more grand on a 2014 V3605. Was more then worth the 300 mile drive to the dealer I bought it from.
Had quite a few RV's before this one but it's also our first toy hauler.
__________________
Mike
2002 42' Monaco Signature Triple Crown tow 2014 F-150
2014 Voltage V3605 Sold 5/3/17
2012 F-350 6.7l CC 4X4, Sold 10/10/17
DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 04:52 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
ducmons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 133
Arizona
I'm getting a price of $62xxx on a fully loaded 3200 on a 2015, including porch option, and all packages. Without the porch on a 2014 price around $56xxx. Does that sound about right? The 3005's I'm hearing are cheaper, but we don't like the layout. The 3605 is too big for us, probably more of a psychological thing, but we like the 3200.
ducmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 05:58 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
DesertRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Desert Hot Springs
Posts: 1,760
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducmons View Post
I'm getting a price of $62xxx on a fully loaded 3200 on a 2015, including porch option, and all packages. Without the porch on a 2014 price around $56xxx. Does that sound about right? The 3005's I'm hearing are cheaper, but we don't like the layout. The 3605 is too big for us, probably more of a psychological thing, but we like the 3200.
Check out
New 2014 Dutchmen RV Voltage V3200 Toy Hauler Fifth Wheels at Trailer Hitch RV Nipomo California Trailer Hitch RV

I think you can save some $$ if your willing to drive. Great folks to work with.
__________________
Mike
2002 42' Monaco Signature Triple Crown tow 2014 F-150
2014 Voltage V3605 Sold 5/3/17
2012 F-350 6.7l CC 4X4, Sold 10/10/17
DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 06:36 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Tucson
Posts: 803
Arizona
You gotta have the ramp patio porch. We absolutely love ours and wouldn't be without one.
__________________
2014 Voltage 3600
2013 Chevy 3500 CC DRW
2011 Harley Ultra Limited 2016 RZR 900
azdryheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 06:38 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
ducmons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 133
Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by azdryheat View Post
You gotta have the ramp patio porch. We absolutely love ours and wouldn't be without one.
Good to know! We've been wondering if it's worth it.
ducmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 07:00 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
DesertRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Desert Hot Springs
Posts: 1,760
California
3200 should be a good tow for your 3/4 ton truck.
* Note don't go by what the web site or the tag on the side says it weights. That's with out any options. Web side said average weight on mine is 13,306, weighted in at 14,000 semi loaded with 10-15 gallons of gas, both propane tanks full & 30-40 gallons of water.
__________________
Mike
2002 42' Monaco Signature Triple Crown tow 2014 F-150
2014 Voltage V3605 Sold 5/3/17
2012 F-350 6.7l CC 4X4, Sold 10/10/17
DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 07:24 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
arlan in arizona's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Quartzsite
Posts: 682
Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducmons View Post
Good to know! We've been wondering if it's worth it.
I guess it depend on personal preference. That porch railing was one of the first things I removed from my camper. Just to much PITA to deal with it all the time. OK if you have dogs you want to contain.

I removed a lot of the factory stuff. Just because I would not be using it and a weight consideration.

Removed

Patio Railing
Both bunk mattress's
That worthless two legs table for the couch area
Both Voltage Chairs
Both Bar Stools
The kitchen sink covers
Side ladder. I have a telescoping 14" replacing it.

Might be more but I haven't seen the stuff in year so I can't remember all of it.
__________________
2013 Voltage 3905
2013 F350 4x4 DRW
2013 RZR XP 900
arlan in arizona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 07:54 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
ducmons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 133
Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRat View Post
Check out
New 2014 Dutchmen RV Voltage V3200 Toy Hauler Fifth Wheels at Trailer Hitch RV Nipomo California Trailer Hitch RV

I think you can save some $$ if your willing to drive. Great folks to work with.
I called on that one, and was told $63991 was the lowest price, then yesterday was told it sold.
ducmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 08:14 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
DesertRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Desert Hot Springs
Posts: 1,760
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducmons View Post
I called on that one, and was told $63991 was the lowest price, then yesterday was told it sold.
Yea I jumped on the one I bought as they turn them over quick. Took three weeks before I could get my PDI done as they were booked up. Sales gal said they were selling about 15 trailers per week. They had 5 PDI's set-up for the day I got mine done.
__________________
Mike
2002 42' Monaco Signature Triple Crown tow 2014 F-150
2014 Voltage V3605 Sold 5/3/17
2012 F-350 6.7l CC 4X4, Sold 10/10/17
DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 02:23 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
ducmons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 133
Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRat View Post
Yea I jumped on the one I bought as they turn them over quick. Took three weeks before I could get my PDI done as they were booked up. Sales gal said they were selling about 15 trailers per week. They had 5 PDI's set-up for the day I got mine done.
Okay. I put a deposit down on the one they have coming in, and asked for the build sheet. Here's what they sent me. I'm told this has everything on it, can discerning eyes helped me look this over?


ducmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 07:51 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
DesertRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Desert Hot Springs
Posts: 1,760
California
Looks like that just about covers it. They do show a dual pane window option but have never seen any with it. Did they give you a idea of delivery time? Nancy was also able to get me a 3.75% interest loan which was better than the 4.19 I was pre approved for. Got me a insurance quote that saved me $250 a year. Hope she can do the same for you.
__________________
Mike
2002 42' Monaco Signature Triple Crown tow 2014 F-150
2014 Voltage V3605 Sold 5/3/17
2012 F-350 6.7l CC 4X4, Sold 10/10/17
DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 08:02 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Hewitt
Posts: 271
New Jersey
As mentioned, dual pane windows, we have them. Prevents condensation on the interior glass which we used to get in our other RVs.

Garage screen is not listed. Pulls down to keep the bugs out. Also garage carpet, but it's pretty cheap, you could get something on your own. It rolls up when you want to haul, and rolls out to make the garage look like less of a garage.
__________________
2013 V 3105
2016 F350 King Ranch CC 6.7 diesel dually
pdonoghu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 08:11 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
DesertRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Desert Hot Springs
Posts: 1,760
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdonoghu View Post
As mentioned, dual pane windows, we have them. Prevents condensation on the interior glass which we used to get in our other RVs.

Garage screen is not listed. Pulls down to keep the bugs out. Also garage carpet, but it's pretty cheap, you could get something on your own. It rolls up when you want to haul, and rolls out to make the garage look like less of a garage.
I think the Garage PKG covers the screen door & washer prep. Shows it does have the removable carpet kit.
__________________
Mike
2002 42' Monaco Signature Triple Crown tow 2014 F-150
2014 Voltage V3605 Sold 5/3/17
2012 F-350 6.7l CC 4X4, Sold 10/10/17
DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 09:34 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
ducmons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 133
Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRat View Post
Looks like that just about covers it. They do show a dual pane window option but have never seen any with it. Did they give you a idea of delivery time? Nancy was also able to get me a 3.75% interest loan which was better than the 4.19 I was pre approved for. Got me a insurance quote that saved me $250 a year. Hope she can do the same for you.
My interest rate was higher, so I'll ask about it.
They told me 5 days it will come off the line, and then they are pushing to have it in by May 15th, since we're trying to camp late May.
ducmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 09:37 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
ducmons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 133
Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdonoghu View Post
As mentioned, dual pane windows, we have them. Prevents condensation on the interior glass which we used to get in our other RVs.
Sounds like a good upgrade then!
ducmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 10:02 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
HornedToad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Midland
Posts: 606
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by azdryheat You gotta have the ramp patio porch. We absolutely love ours and wouldn't be without one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducmons View Post
Good to know! We've been wondering if it's worth it.
Yeah... it's worth it!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Good Friday @ LAH.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	932  
__________________

Mike & Helen
2014 Voltage 3895 EPIC III
2013 Ford F350 CC DRW FX4
HornedToad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 10:34 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
waytoogood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Southern California
Posts: 160
California
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducmons View Post
Okay. I put a deposit down on the one they have coming in, and asked for the build sheet. Here's what they sent me. I'm told this has everything on it, can discerning eyes helped me look this over?


Sounds like most everything is covered. Have you concidered the full body paint option? I have it and its the best part of the trailer. Everyone always compliments it at the campgrounds we go to. I think it's easier to keep clean since its all gloss and no stickers (graphics) to peel and fade.
Anyway good luck with your new trailer and keep us informed on how your deal works out.
__________________
2013 3895 Voltage/Full Paint
2007 Chevy C5500
waytoogood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 05:06 PM   #20
Chapter Director
 
gonervn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Findlay
Posts: 286
Send a message via Skype™ to gonervn
Ohio
I absolutely agree about the porch. We love it
__________________

__________________
Bill & Sallie and most of the time Bella (Standard) Black Poodle
X - 2013 Voltage 3200 Owner
Now Winnebago Vista
Findlay, Oh.
gonervn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Dutchmen RV or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2020 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.
×