Hi from Vermont! - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen RV Owner's Community Forums > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 08-06-2019, 02:18 AM   #1

Wyoming
Hi from Vermont!

Hi Everyone!

My wife and I are new to the travel trailer and RV world, and like many others, I stumbled across the board looking for help fixing my trailer. While we have tent camped for years, this is our first year with an actual RV, and trailer.

Last year we rebuilt a 2003 Dutchman Sport 19F, replacing the entire front wall, interior, roof, and supports. The Dutchman was given to us, as long as we could haul it out of the woods, so the price was right for a first camper! Now that it is sound, I am working on the interior, which is clean for the most part, but the plumbing leaks in several places, And we haven't even tried the LP yet. (Baby steps).

While the Sport was being repaired, we found a 2005 Sightseer RV that we fell in love with and purchased that with our eye on long-distance travel in our near future. Everything works, the RV it in great shape, though the New England potholes took a toll on the exhaust last trip out, and I have to fix a leak at the manifold.

And... because I love exploring, we picked up a Skamper truck camper, very used, off craigslist. Needs a new fridge, but otherwise, it is watertight, and perfect for our trip to Flagstaff next spring, and The Denton and Dalton highways in Alaska a soon as we can manage it. The Skamper has a lot of "upgrades" that need sorting out, but that's half the fun, isn't it?

Anyways, looking forward to meeting everyone!
Happy travels!

Old 08-06-2019, 11:20 AM   #2

Florida
Wow Mr Cofee, you sound like a very ambitious guy and I think you will be a great addition to this site with all your present knowledge. Welcome to the site and Happy Camping!

franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 07:20 PM   #3

Texas
Welcome to the forum. Keeping up with one RV can be "fun", three could be a headache. Sounds like you are enjoying the challenge.
Old 08-08-2019, 01:10 AM   #4

Wisconsin
That could be quite a convoy going down the highway.
persistent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 09:08 PM   #5

Wyoming
Thanks! Looking forward to being part of the community here!
Old 08-14-2019, 09:15 PM   #6

Wyoming
Quote:
Originally Posted by pctomlin View Post
Welcome to the forum. Keeping up with one RV can be "fun", three could be a headache. Sounds like you are enjoying the challenge.
I agree 100%. That being said, the RV needs a new exhaust hanger, and it is complete and fully functional. The Dutchman is some plumbing work, and it is done, and the Skamper is going to be the real project. Honestly, this is almost enough projects to keep me out of trouble.... almost!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by persistent View Post
That could be quite a convoy going down the highway.
LOL I hadn't thought of that! The RV towing the F-150 with the Skamper/Towing the Dutchman?? Now that would be challenging!

Quote:
Originally Posted by franktafl View Post
Wow Mr Cofee, you sound like a very ambitious guy and I think you will be a great addition to this site with all your present knowledge. Welcome to the site and Happy Camping!
Thanks! Looking forward to being part of the community here!