Hi from GA! - Page 3 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen RV Owner's Community Forums > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 06-06-2015, 12:49 PM   #41

Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyG View Post
Even though I drilled holes in the last camper, and successfully used "moly" (expansion) screws/sockets for the TP and towels, I'm still reluctant to drill into this new one. Deciding where. Until then, I got an over-the-door towel holder, and we keep the TP on top of the med cabinet.
BTW, that outdoor kitchen is VERY NICE!
I, like you, installed hardware in our other camper. But it's walls were flat. I too am hesitant to drill holes in this new one. The walls being curved makes it a challenge. And the few flat places are not in the right place or not spacious enough. The pictures in the brochure just show towels hanging over the door. I don't like that. I'll probably try those command strips and hang behind the potty.

We were looking into getting one of the dome satellite antennas. He have the big round dish, but where we camp, it can't get a signal. But looking around, I don't know where we'd put the receiver for the den / master bedroom.

The bunk house has a place for one but we'd use it for there and outside kitchen TV.

Do you have satellite?

Moodyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 12:50 PM   #42

Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoonc View Post
I think you will like it, we have been going there, off and on for the past 15 years. I think what we like about it is they have something for everyone. We usually go before Memorial Day or after Labor Day.

Aaron
YAY!!!!! We leave in two weeks. Never taken a camper more than two hours away before. I'm excited!!!!

Old 06-06-2015, 04:23 PM   #43

South Carolina
No satellite, no cable, at home or in the camper! The only thing we have with any subscription is internet-only from the cable company (on our own modem), and Netflix. Over the Air (OTA) TV at home and the camper. It takes a little "withdrawal" to get loose from those guys, but once you do, life is easy.
MartyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 12:13 AM   #44

Alabama
Quote:
No satellite, no cable, at home or in the camper! The only thing we have with any subscription is internet-only from the cable company (on our own modem), and Netflix. Over the Air (OTA) TV at home and the camper. It takes a little "withdrawal" to get loose from those guys, but once you do, life is easy.
I'd be bored out of my mind!! I even have Internet when I camp!! LoL

So when your kitchen is slid all the way out is there a gap in the floor or does the slide lay smooth on the floor? If you don't understand what I am asking I'll take a picture and show you.
Old 06-07-2015, 01:06 AM   #45

South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moodyk View Post

So when your kitchen is slid all the way out is there a gap in the floor or does the slide lay smooth on the floor? If you don't understand what I am asking I'll take a picture and show you.
No, we don't have an outdoor kitchen. I was just admiring yours!
MartyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 12:29 PM   #46

Maryland
We have a multi-towel bar that hangs from the bathroom door and we also have a collapsible towel bar that fits into the shower. We use the one in the shower for also holding the bathroom rug and the shower vinyl floor cover.

As for the toilet paper, we use a free standing toilet paper holder.

2011 Chevy Suburban 2500 4x4
2015 Kodiak 300BHLS
mjcarte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 12:31 PM   #47

Maryland
For the hand towel, we found a towel holder that used a sticky round disk to allow you to stick it to the wall, but instead of using the round disk that came with it, we used several command strips to secure it to the wall.

2015 Kodiak 300BHLS
Old 06-08-2015, 12:37 PM   #48

Maryland
Quote:

I will have to look carefully from both the inside and outside of the trailer to see if there is a gap. I briefly remember that there was a rubber gasket on the wall of the inside of the trailer in the kitchen (not on the slide-out) ... I'm not entirely sure but will check on our next trip.

I do remember that there is a thick piece of rubber flap under all three of the slides on the outside of the trailer underneath the floor. It stretches the entire length of the slide outs under the floor on the outside of the trailer.

2015 Kodiak 300BHLS
Old 06-08-2015, 09:56 PM   #49

Missouri
Quote:
So where do you guys hang your bath towels? Did you install hardware in the bathroom for them? And what about toilet paper holder?
We didn't have a good place for the toilet paper holder, so we got one of these. They look nice and can be moved.

Amazon.com - Taymor Oil Rubbed Bronze European Pedestal Toilet Tissue Holder with Decorative Finial - Toilet Paper Holders

2014 Denali 289RK
2017 Nissan Titan XD Pro-4X CC.
EricNSTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 11:34 AM   #50

Alabama
Quote:
No, we don't have an outdoor kitchen. I was just admiring yours!
I was referring to the inside kitchen. It slides out but when fully extended the floors don't touch. There is about a one inch gap between them.
Old 06-09-2015, 11:36 AM   #51

Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjcarte View Post
We have a multi-towel bar that hangs from the bathroom door and we also have a collapsible towel bar that fits into the shower. We use the one in the shower for also holding the bathroom rug and the shower vinyl floor cover.

As for the toilet paper, we use a free standing toilet paper holder.
I had a free standing holder but there was no place to put it either. I moved it all around trying to make it work. Gave up and put tp under the sink. Which works just fine.
Old 06-09-2015, 11:39 AM   #52

Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricNSTL View Post
We didn't have a good place for the toilet paper holder, so we got one of these. They look nice and can be moved.

Amazon.com - Taymor Oil Rubbed Bronze European Pedestal Toilet Tissue Holder with Decorative Finial - Toilet Paper Holders
Hi Eric thanks for the recommendation. That looks like the one I have. Just this bathroom is small and no place to put it w/o it being in the way.
Old 06-09-2015, 04:17 PM   #53

California
Quote:
YAY!!!!! We leave in two weeks. Never taken a camper more than two hours away before. I'm excited!!!!
Camping around home is nice but the true adventure is when you get away to places unknown. That's why this summer we are headed to Glacier N.P. Been to Yellowstone six or seven times but never made it to Glacier.

So where are you headed to?
2012 F-350 6.7l CC 4X4, Sold 10/10/17
DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 03:23 AM   #54

Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRat View Post
Camping around home is nice but the true adventure is when you get away to places unknown. That's why this summer we are headed to Glacier N.P. Been to Yellowstone six or seven times but never made it to Glacier.

So where are you headed to?
Yellowstone would be really awesome. As well as the Grand Canyon & Niagara Falls.

We are going to myrtle Beach. No place special. We've been a few times when my kids were little. About 15 yrs since our last trip there. And traffic was so bad I swore I'd never go back. LoL but never been with a camper before. So excited to go!
Old 08-12-2015, 09:03 AM   #55

Maryland
Quote:
I was referring to the inside kitchen. It slides out but when fully extended the floors don't touch. There is about a one inch gap between them.
On our last outing, I happened to look at our kitchen slide-out and it does indeed have a gap of about an inch, however there is a rubber trim that the slide rests against as well as a rubber flap on the outside. Could actually see the rollers as well from inside the trailer. We have to be careful with that slide out as the raised floor on it can hurt if you kick it with your toes (been there... done that) .

2015 Kodiak 300BHLS