Hi from GA! - Page 2 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen RV Owner's Community Forums > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 05-31-2015, 11:52 AM   #21

Alabama
It is 36' 11" to be exact. Guess one more inch would have been too expensive LoL.

We have two kids, they are 25 and 19. When we got our first camper, we got the bunk house version b/c it was usually my daughter and two of her friends.

Now it's just me, my husband, sometimes my daughter, and our three dogs. But I'm spoiled with all the room and storage that a bunk house offers that I had to have it.

Now, my son has a family of four but we get them a cabin b/c I need my space LoL

We've camped quite a few times at Stone Mountain and we do like it there.

We belong to a place in Helen called Mountain Lakes Resort. Have you ever heard of it? Are you in GA? http://mountainlakesresort.us/
We belong to Timber Ridge section for camping. http://timberridgepoa.com/

Moodyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 12:30 AM   #22

Maryland
Congratulations! You're going to love it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PC060084.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	2239  

2011 Chevy Suburban 2500 4x4
2015 Kodiak 300BHLS
mjcarte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 04:00 AM   #23

Alabama
That's AWESOME, MJ!!! How long have you had yours?
Old 06-01-2015, 04:03 AM   #24

Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyG View Post
Wow, that's a big one! You must have a good-sized family! Take them to Stone Mountain! We loved it, and they have several nice campground options.
I made a great big long post to this, this morning and now it's gone

Before I repeat it I'm going to see if I can figure out what happened to it. B/c it was goooood LoL
Old 06-01-2015, 10:50 AM   #25

Maryland
We bought ours in December 2014. Our first trip was from March-May. we took it to campground in Gettysburg, PA for 8 weeks (special pre-season camping). Trailer stayed there entire time and we just went up there every weekend. It worked out great as it allowed us to set up the trailer and make several modifications and improvements. I've been documenting it in the post New Kodiak 300BHSL - Page 2 - Dutchmen Owners .

2015 Kodiak 300BHLS
Old 06-01-2015, 11:09 PM   #26

Alabama
Ok MJ I'll go creep on you as soon as I repost my post that disappeared
Old 06-01-2015, 11:20 PM   #27

Alabama
Ok so here is my2nd attempt to respond to Marty. Hope this one sticks!

We only have our daughter and three dogs that consistently stay in the camper w/ us. When we got our first one in '09 she was younger and had two friends that would be going w/ us. Or every now and then we could get our son to go. So I needed my space. Hence the big camper.

Now it's mostly just me, hubby and three dogs and occasionally daughter. Our son and his family stay in a cabin but we all hang out at our camper.

We have stayed at Stone Mountain quite a few times and do like it. We've been to Pine Mountain and up to Raccoon caverns and Ruby Falls.

Few years back we bought a membership at Mountain Lakes Resort in Helen, GA. And that's where we go all the time. It's an awesome private resort. Check it out http://mountainlakesresort.us/

We actually belong to the Timber Ridge section in the resort http://timberridgepoa.com/

Check it out
Old 06-01-2015, 11:58 PM   #28

South Carolina
Somehow, I saw this before! Regardless, both places are nice. We haven't found a place that we would commit to; we think of our TT as our "magic carpet" that takes us to different places each time. We do have a local fav or two, and that destination in Hilton Head is pretty darn nice. Also, check out the KOA in Okeechobee FL! It has three pools (one adult only), a hot tub, a bar, a fitness center, and a Golf Course! That's my kind of place!
MartyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 03:23 AM   #29

Alabama
Quote:
Somehow, I saw this before! Regardless, both places are nice. We haven't found a place that we would commit to; we think of our TT as our "magic carpet" that takes us to different places each time. We do have a local fav or two, and that destination in Hilton Head is pretty darn nice. Also, check out the KOA in Okeechobee FL! It has three pools (one adult only), a hot tub, a bar, a fitness center, and a Golf Course! That's my kind of place!
That does sound nice!!! We are going to Myrtle Beach Travel Park in June. Name sounds cheesy but photos looked good. Plus only place w/ an opening that week beings I waited until I knew we'd have a camper before making reservations.
Old 06-02-2015, 03:40 AM   #30

South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moodyk View Post
That does sound nice!!! We are going to Myrtle Beach Travel Park in June. Name sounds cheesy but photos looked good. Plus only place w/ an opening that week beings I waited until I knew we'd have a camper before making reservations.
Wow, that looks great! My wife likes smaller, out-of-the-way places. At MB, we stayed at the MB State Park. But also like the KOA. I like the big places with all the people! When you get a little overwhelmed by the crowds, take the TV down to MB State Park, it's on the south side of town. Have a great time!
Old 06-04-2015, 01:41 PM   #31
Site Team

North Carolina
Quote:
Wow, that looks great! My wife likes smaller, out-of-the-way places. At MB, we stayed at the MB State Park. But also like the KOA. I like the big places with all the people! When you get a little overwhelmed by the crowds, take the TV down to MB State Park, it's on the south side of town. Have a great time!
Quote:
We like Myrtle Beach Travel Park during the off season. Great facility. MB State Park is okay, but has been going down hill in recent years. The last time we stayed down there, there was an issue with some people having a bit too much to drink and causing issues. Huntington Beach State Park is a bit further down the coast is usually a bit quieter. One problem I have noticed recently is getting space anywhere, especially on weekends. The number of people using RV's has increased exponentially while the number of camping spaces has remained static or even dropped in some areas. Ah well, such is life. Reserve early and enjoy the trip!

Another good place that hasn't been totally overrun is Santee State Park down on Lake Marion. Pretty easy access off of I-95.

Aaron
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 11:09 PM   #32

Alabama
Aaron, thanks for sharing your experience at MB Travel Park. . That makes me feel better hearing from someone who has stayed there.
Old 06-05-2015, 11:12 PM   #33

Alabama
BTW. It's here! It's here! It's here! All moved in and loving it!! Check it out:

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1433545796874.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	2246Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1433545825628.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	2247Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1433545849082.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	2248Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1433545873694.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	2249Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1433545896758.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	2250Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1433545920939.jpg
Views:	269
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	2251
Old 06-05-2015, 11:18 PM   #34

South Carolina
Looks beautiful! Sometime send the "hardware" pics also, thing like hitched up, patio area, tv/entertainment, etc. Meanwhile, you must be getting ready for your maiden voyage. Will you take an overnight somewhere close, or is the first trip going to be Myrtle Beach?
Old 06-05-2015, 11:51 PM   #35

Alabama
Last one Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1433548262752.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	2252
Old 06-05-2015, 11:53 PM   #36

Alabama
Quote:
Looks beautiful! Sometime send the "hardware" pics also, thing like hitched up, patio area, tv/entertainment, etc. Meanwhile, you must be getting ready for your maiden voyage. Will you take an overnight somewhere close, or is the first trip going to be Myrtle Beach?
We are on our first trip right now. We live only about an hour from Mountain Lakes so we are spending the weekend up here for a "breaking it in" trip.

And I will take more pics and post
Old 06-06-2015, 12:36 AM   #37

Maryland
Boy that sure does look familiar... Ours is the darker color..
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	PC070106.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	2253  

2015 Kodiak 300BHLS
Old 06-06-2015, 12:53 AM   #38

Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjcarte View Post
Boy that sure does look familiar... Ours is the darker color..
That's like the one they had the first day we were there looking. It got sold. Which I am actually glad b/c then I wouldn't have gotten the cream colored interior and I really like it better --- since I don't have little kids to stain it LoL

So where do you guys hang your bath towels? Did you install hardware in the bathroom for them? And what about toilet paper holder?
Old 06-06-2015, 02:16 AM   #39

South Carolina
Even though I drilled holes in the last camper, and successfully used "moly" (expansion) screws/sockets for the TP and towels, I'm still reluctant to drill into this new one. Deciding where. Until then, I got an over-the-door towel holder, and we keep the TP on top of the med cabinet.
BTW, that outdoor kitchen is VERY NICE!
Old 06-06-2015, 10:07 AM   #40
Site Team

North Carolina
Quote:
Aaron, thanks for sharing your experience at MB Travel Park. . That makes me feel better hearing from someone who has stayed there.
I think you will like it, we have been going there, off and on for the past 15 years. I think what we like about it is they have something for everyone. We usually go before Memorial Day or after Labor Day.

Aaron

wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote