Hey Everyone! - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-05-2019, 09:19 PM   #1

Texas
Hey Everyone!

Good afternoon to all! New to Dutchmen owners! Currently in a Coleman 1705rb, but so over the Murphy Bed after less than a year! Looking to go in to either a 2515rl or 2605rl! Anyone have any suggestions?
Good day to all!

Sandraze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 03:47 PM   #2

Florida
welcome to this place... good luck with your search...

franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 01:57 AM   #3

Illinois
I replied to your other thread, but, to be more involved, what are you looking for and what are you towing with? Do you know your ready to travel vehicle weight to determine available payload? The ones you listed are 7600 GVWR trailers, average travel weight roughly 6700-7000 pounds depending on what is carried and how much water is in it. So given 7K, 13% tongue weight plus hitch, you should have 1050 pounds of TV payload, then those trailers will tow well.

I was really impressed with Cherokee Alpha Wolf, and they have a 23 RD that matches the floor plans you are looking at, in the same weight rating too. The Coleman series is pretty good, the one we have has been trouble free, though quality of materials, or I should say low quality is quite apparent in some areas, specifically the plastic trim that was cut short in many areas and particle board is now exposed. From looking at all the different brands, they all seem to use the same cabinetry, but the fixtures do vary quite a bit and that is what I liked about the Cherokee, the lights and other hardware were high quality.
acdii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 11:43 AM   #4

Texas
Thanks for the feedback, acdii!
Upgraded tow vehicle to a 2017 F-250 and plan on upgrading our hitch once we decide on new RV. We've checked out the Alpha Wolf's and they look very impressive, however, none in the length I want to stick to (@30 ft max total) in a rear living floorplan. My wife's one request when we upgrade was to have a rear living floorplan, so I better stick with that! We are still looking....
Thanks again for the inputs!
Sandraze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 01:01 PM   #5

Illinois
Oh, you have PLENTY of truck. Have you thought about a 5th wheel? There are some REALLY nice ones that have the rear living area and not that long either.
acdii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 01:07 PM   #6

Florida
I agree with ACDII... I have a towable and now, it's time for a 5th wheel now that I have the experience of a tow. I have a 2016 Denali 37'. Between the trailer, the stuff on the back of the trailer and the truck, I'm looking at almost 60'. I could get a bit longer and a 5th wheel and have the same length but much better handling and also be able to tow a dingy...

franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote