Hello, Hello - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen RV Owner's Community Forums > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 06-23-2018, 01:57 PM   #1

Ontario
Hello, Hello

Hello, I am new to this form and hope to be help and be helped for problem that my arise along the trip. Lol.

My family and I have been camping for many years, but mostly in a pop-up camper.

We have recently moved up to a Hybrid ( 2012 Kodiak 181E ) and love it!!!

Last night was the first time we used it in the rain, And the bunk ends leaked.
I recently cleaned and re- sprayed the ends with water repellent, but the one end bunk still leaks quite bad.
Any ideas???
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180530_204149.jpg
Views:	296
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	4792  

Andrew camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 02:45 PM   #2

Oklahoma
Bought my Kodiak and pulled it a hundred miles home, the first thing I did was get on top, and yes all four corners needed sealing and one spot by sky lite Over main bed, get a tube of sealer, I use Location clear silicone water proof, clean spots with some type, using a tooth brush if it's small like a Crack dry fill, then have a cup of water get finger damp and press sealer deeper into crack, not touch roof around seal, or let it dry then go over sealer again a little bigger than first time, my roof has a three inch seal all around edges, factory uses a flexible air pressure caulking guns, and sometime places does stick, so check for lose caulking, , the package that Location comes in will tell you about repairing, or removal of old caulk.
Hope this helps, a leak is No good and damages what ever it touches.
Djames

djames37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 12:09 PM   #3

Florida
I keep a roll of Eternabond handy. They also have caulk that will FLOW into crevices. By the way, welcome to the forum!
franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 12:50 PM   #4

Texas
Be careful with silicone, make sure it is safe for your roof. Most rubber type roofs recommend you use a Dicor product and yes some of it is also self-leveling. I also prefer Etrnabond, a bit pricey but great stuff especially in an emergency.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
CSCLARK is offline   Reply With Quote