Hello from NC - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen RV Owner's Community Forums > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-03-2017, 10:46 AM   #1

North Carolina
Hello from NC

We are picking up our new 2017 Voltage 3451 on Saturday, it will be our first rv so we are excited. We have alot of research to do like extended warranty companies. The dealership is selling one from a company called Cornerstone???
Other items to research , things to always have packed with you. I look forward to absorbing all the knowledge I can from you guys.

Rich and Maria

Rbohno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 01:37 PM   #2

Maryland
Here is one of the Pre-Delivery Inspections (PDI)... it is very important that you get the dealer to fix anything you find before you drive off the lot.

If you have access to a moisture meter, use it to check all the walls and the ceiling. Borrow one from someone or just buy one from your favorite hardware store. General Tools Professional Digital Pinless Moisture Meter with Backlit LCD-MM8 - The Home Depot

Good Luck and Happy Camping!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf PDI_V113_2.pdf (92.8 KB, 69 views)

2011 Chevy Suburban 2500 4x4
2015 Kodiak 300BHLS
mjcarte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 06:11 PM   #3

Florida
I have the cornerstone warranty on my Denali and have used it already. $200.00 ded. Just be careful of who finances the warranty for you. They initially put it through a company called Universal Lenders (a VERY SMALL company). I put it recurring on my credit card for the monthly payments (for the points). had to change the CC number due to somebody getting the number. Universal Lenders didn't hesitate to cancel my policy for non payment and sent me a letter (and NEVER called me to tell me there was an issue).

As far as CORNERSTONE is concerned. They are GREAT but REMEMBER, when you have a repair done, you MUST get the repair shop to do the paperwork BEFORE (BEFORE) they do the warranty work. PM me with questions if you need to.
franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote