Hello fellow campers, Nu Be here - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen RV Owner's Community Forums > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 06-03-2014, 04:13 PM   #1

California
Question Hello fellow campers, Nu Be here

Hi folks. I am new to this site but have been camping with TT's for many years. I recently retired and we purchased a used 2011 Komfort 2950RE TT. Our old trailer was quite primitive compared to this unit and this unit is far bigger and better in so many ways which is great for us. I hope to get many years of travel with it. Our old trailer 2002 Tahoe 23FB model was passed down to my oldest daughter and her husband. I am a "do it yourself" kind of person and I am still figuring this new to us trailer. I do have a question as well and found this site while I was searching an answer on this issue. I am a bit confused about the waste water system. For discharge I only have 2 valves one labeled "waste water valve" and one labeled "low point drain". does this manufacture have the Gray water and Black water tanks discharge from the same valve or am I missing something? The owners manual is vague on this and only states "drain the tank" and does not describe how to do this. Any help on this would be appreciated.

mwpa123@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 05:09 PM   #2

California
My guess & only a guess is the "waste water valve" is the black & other is the gray.

2012 F-350 6.7l CC 4X4, Sold 10/10/17
DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 05:19 PM   #3

California
Yeah that's is what I thought, however I neglected to mention in my original post that after draining the waste water and the low point drain my gray water tank still shows 2/3 full. I have crawled all underneath and couldn't locate another valve. Everything is sealed so I'm assuming I will need to remove some of that to see how it is piped. This does not look like fun though. Does anyone know about where that valve should be?
Old 06-03-2014, 10:09 PM   #4

Washington
Others have mentioned before that some trailers have a valve between the tires.
Old 06-04-2014, 02:59 AM   #5

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwpa123@yahoo.com View Post
Yeah that's is what I thought, however I neglected to mention in my original post that after draining the waste water and the low point drain my gray water tank still shows 2/3 full. I have crawled all underneath and couldn't locate another valve. Everything is sealed so I'm assuming I will need to remove some of that to see how it is piped. This does not look like fun though. Does anyone know about where that valve should be?
The low point drain on my rig drains the water in the fresh lines.

There should be two t-handles, one for the black tank and one for the grey. It is possible that one of the t-handles has snapped off, the shaft is made of an aluminum tube. I have had a couple snap off from road debris.

Look for a hole in the belly pan about 3/8-1/2", the grey valve could be just above.
hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 05:03 AM   #6

California
Thanks for that information. There is only one hole in the belly and that's for the black water tank. I am going to pull some of the belly off and see what is there. I was hoping I wouldn't need to do this but looks like I cant get out of it.
Old 06-10-2014, 04:33 AM   #7

California
Thanks for the advice. Ok this is fixed, er actually it was never broken just plugged. After pulling off some of the belly i was able to see how it is piped and the low point drain and gray water are the same valve. took a little doing but some gunk must have got in there. We just got back from our second trip of 5 nights and everything but the fan for my A/C-Heater worked as it should. I am going to post a question about that shortly.
Old 06-10-2014, 02:57 PM   #8

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwpa123@yahoo.com View Post
Thanks for the advice. Ok this is fixed, er actually it was never broken just plugged. After pulling off some of the belly i was able to see how it is piped and the low point drain and gray water are the same valve. took a little doing but some gunk must have got in there. We just got back from our second trip of 5 nights and everything but the fan for my A/C-Heater worked as it should. I am going to post a question about that shortly.
Never seen that before.

I have three drains, low point drains the fresh water, black water, and gray water. If we are using the same terms, for low point drain, it seems to me that having the low point and gray water on one drain would risk comtaminating the fresh water.

hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote