Hello all! - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen RV Owner's Community Forums > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 11-12-2020, 07:07 PM   #1

New York
Hello all!

Just got our new used Voltage V300 and loving it! It's everything we wanted and more. Hoping to find other voltage owners for ideas and thoughts

Chasm7x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 10:45 PM   #2

Colorado
welcome

I didn't even know what a V300 was! Had to go look it up on the internet. That is a very sleek looking toy hauler, not at tall as some of the other Voltage and Tritons. I like it!

A couple of things to check that I've seen on several Voltage trailers:
1) They come with the worst tires ever. Buy some good ones, like the Goodyear Endurance or the Sailuns.
2) The built in battery charger is a WFCO. I've had nothing but bad experiences with WFCO, although some others on here like them. I'd replace it with a Progressive Dynamics.
3) Dutchmen seems to do a poor job of electrical wiring. The WFCO transfer switches are always a problem, I take them apart and replace the wires and connectors inside. The connections on the 120V and 12V breakers need re-torqued, as they come loose from the factory.
4) On my 2016 Triton, Dutchmen used the wrong window gaskets on every clamshell window. I took every window out and replaced with butyl tape.

Good luck and post some pictures!

leisuresolar@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 09:49 PM   #3

New York
Thank you! And that is some good information! We really are pleased with it so far. Its pretty cool! And has so many options. I will stay in touch.
Old 11-20-2020, 08:34 PM   #4

New York
Does anyone know does Dutchman run wires to every hatch opening for fan installs? I want to put a couple in if there is power. Thanks
Old 11-21-2020, 02:50 PM   #5

California
I would doubt very much they would run power to each hatch unless there is a fan there. That is time and money they don’t need to spend. They are notoriously cheap and just running wire to a vent because the buyer might someday want to install a fan seems unlikely to me.

There are so many stories of missing ductwork and connections and plumbing, etc., that I just don’t see it.

Admittedly, this is just a guess.
Old 11-22-2020, 01:04 PM   #6

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsol View Post
I would doubt very much they would run power to each hatch unless there is a fan there. That is time and money they don’t need to spend. They are notoriously cheap and just running wire to a vent because the buyer might someday want to install a fan seems unlikely to me.

There are so many stories of missing ductwork and connections and plumbing, etc., that I just don’t see it.

Admittedly, this is just a guess.
...agree!

franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote