Getting a new Denali 289RK - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen RV Owner's Community Forums > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 01-17-2016, 07:50 PM   #1

Tennessee
Smile Getting a new Denali 289RK

Hello all. We have had a nice little R-Vision Onyx 25RB for the last three or four years. While it hase giver excellent service, it is time to step up to more space. We have decided to purchase a 2016 Denali 289RK. Will pull the trigger tomorrow.

We love the size and the features on the Denali. Outside storage is about the same as the old rig, but it does have the bike rack/spair carrier which should help in carrying more stuff.

Anyone have any pointers/suggestions?

Pricejh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 12:31 AM   #2
Site Team

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pricejh View Post
Hello all. We have had a nice little R-Vision Onyx 25RB for the last three or four years. While it hase giver excellent service, it is time to step up to more space. We have decided to purchase a 2016 Denali 289RK. Will pull the trigger tomorrow.

We love the size and the features on the Denali. Outside storage is about the same as the old rig, but it does have the bike rack/spair carrier which should help in carrying more stuff.

Anyone have any pointers/suggestions?
Welcome!

Do a thorough Pre-Deliver Inspection BEFORE you sign any paperwork, and have the dealer repair any noted defects. Once you take it off the lot getting warranty work done becomes quite the chore. If there are any major issues discovered during the PDI, walk away. You don't want to buy a problem unit.

A PDI should take several hours on a larger unit, you want to open and close every door and drawer. All appliances and systems should be fully functional, tested by you and working to your satisfaction.

Don't expect perfection, but don't accept shoddy stuff either.

Good luck and let us know how it works out for you.

Aaron

wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 02:04 PM   #3

British Columbia
Welcome to the forum.

What Aaron said!

Burn paragraph one into to the back of your eye balls and leave your emotions at home that day.

Don't fall for the "take it and enjoy it while we get the parts" line. Once you sign the papers and take it off the lot, the dealer has no motivation to expedite any repairs that may be needed.

Happy camping.
hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 12:17 AM   #4

Tennessee
Thanksfor the reply. We went down and pulled the trigger this afternoon. PDI is scheduled for 9:30 on the 28th. I remember our first PDI, dod not have a clue what I was looking at most of the time.

Looking forward to many fun days in the future. Eas adding up the time I spent in the 25er. Comes to over 650 days since Nov '12. This should be much more comfortable.
Pricejh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 11:50 AM   #5

Florida
Hi,
We are picking up Denali Light on Friday. I will be inrerested to see how your experience goes. Glad to see another Denali owner. We wantes the bunkroom that makes into a storage room for bikes and such. Don't have kids but the dog will love his own space.

Good luck!
Denaligirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 12:29 PM   #6

Tennessee
We are picking up ours tomorrow. So excited! Will "campout" in the driveway over the weekend then head out for a month near Pensicola. Already have another trip in the works for April to Central Texas.

Dog will just have to content herself with my lap in the recliner. ��
Old 01-28-2016, 01:04 AM   #7

Missouri
Welcome to the Forum and Happy Trails!!!
I can't be more pleased with my Denali 289RK! I have had no major problems..

2014 Denali 289RK
2017 Nissan Titan XD Pro-4X CC.
EricNSTL is offline   Reply With Quote