First Timer's - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen RV Owner's Community Forums > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-13-2014, 04:42 PM   #1

Oregon
First Timer's

Hello everyone! We're John & Kadee from Portland, Oregon. We just picked up our first TT and can't wait to get out on the road! We bought a 2015 Kodiak 291RESL and I pull it with my 2007 F150 5.4L King Ranch. The knowledge here on the Forum will undoubtedly be a huge help for us. We intend to camp all year around and our first trip is booked in October at Ft. Stevens on the Oregon coast.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	New Trailer 1.jpg
Views:	328
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	1448  

Old 09-13-2014, 05:57 PM   #2

Nevada
Welcome to the forum. Many safe travels.

2017 Dodge Ram 3500 DRW
2014 Voltage 3200
2005 FLHTCI
eightydo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 06:06 PM   #3

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by KadMan View Post
Hello everyone! We're John & Kadee from Portland, Oregon. We just picked up our first TT and can't wait to get out on the road! We bought a 2015 Kodiak 291RESL and I pull it with my 2007 F150 5.4L King Ranch. The knowledge here on the Forum will undoubtedly be a huge help for us. We intend to camp all year around and our first trip is booked in October at Ft. Stevens on the Oregon coast.
Fort Stevens should be nice in October, last time we were there the mosquitos were really bad. By the time we left I looked like one giant mosquito bite.

We make a few trips a year to the Vancouver BC area and the one problem that we have to stay on top of is humidity. If your vents fans can't stay ahead of it, you might want to consider getting a small dehumidifier.

When we get home from the coast, we leave all the cabinets and interior storage compartments open and set out half a dozen containers of calcium sulfate. You can pay the RV dealer an inflated price for "Damp Rid", our find your local chemical supply store and buy it in bulk. We made our own containers out of ice cream buckets and plastic dollar store strainers. The last 50# pail of calcium sulfate that I bought cost me $50, the cost to buy the same volume of damp rid at a dealer would cost in the hundreds.
hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 08:09 PM   #4

Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by hddecker View Post
Fort Stevens should be nice in October, last time we were there the mosquitos were really bad. By the time we left I looked like one giant mosquito bite.

We make a few trips a year to the Vancouver BC area and the one problem that we have to stay on top of is humidity. If your vents fans can't stay ahead of it, you might want to consider getting a small dehumidifier.

When we get home from the coast, we leave all the cabinets and interior storage compartments open and set out half a dozen containers of calcium sulfate. You can pay the RV dealer an inflated price for "Damp Rid", our find your local chemical supply store and buy it in bulk. We made our own containers out of ice cream buckets and plastic dollar store strainers. The last 50# pail of calcium sulfate that I bought cost me $50, the cost to buy the same volume of damp rid at a dealer would cost in the hundreds.
I saw a video yesterday on using cat litter.

2017 Dodge Ram 3500 DRW
2014 Voltage 3200
2005 FLHTCI
eightydo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 12:08 AM   #5

British Columbia
I'm going to try a container of cat litter to see how it compares. I use about four pounds of calcium sulfate, when I dump the buckets I get 4-5 quarts of water over four months.
hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 01:12 AM   #6

Ontario
Welcome, glad to see another 291 resl owner on board. Enjoy your new trailer.

Adair1965 is offline   Reply With Quote