Dutchmen Facebook Page - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen RV Owner's Community Forums > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-05-2013, 05:02 PM   #1

Indiana
Dutchmen Facebook Page

I hope my posting here is not a problem - I promise not to spam or advertise! I've been newly hired to work on social media for Dutchmen Mfg., and I thought this would be a wonderful place to reach out to socially active owners who might be interested in contributing to our Facebook page.

The address is https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dutch...207923?fref=ts

We'll be posting new models, camping tips, and updates from the fall show season. We'd love to have your input as actual owners, because we want the page to be useful to you.

Thank you for being great Dutchmen customers!

Jackie Landaw
Communications Coordinator
Dutchmen Manufacturing

jet1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 05:14 PM   #2

Louisiana
Welcome! It is nice to see someone from Dutchmen here.

Aside from feedback on the Facebook page, it would really be nice to know that someone from Dutchmen is reading our posts, whether problem or praise, and that our concerns are being heard.

I will be following your FB page.

Old 09-05-2013, 05:46 PM   #3

California
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet1961 View Post
I hope my posting here is not a problem - I promise not to spam or advertise! I've been newly hired to work on social media for Dutchmen Mfg., and I thought this would be a wonderful place to reach out to socially active owners who might be interested in contributing to our Facebook page.

We'll be posting new models, camping tips, and updates from the fall show season. We'd love to have your input as actual owners, because we want the page to be useful to you.

Jackie Landaw
Dutchmen Manufacturing

I think that the guys at Dutchmen should just promote and use this forum and site for there media page.

I'm not on the Facebook and don't plan on starting. Way too much B.S. on Facebook for me !!

I am glad that Dutchmen is willing to do something anyway.
Old 09-05-2013, 05:52 PM   #4

Wyoming
Count me in!
Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 06:21 PM   #5

Oklahoma
Ah, can someone say 'open a can of worms'? It looks like a feel good page alright but I'm sure there are a few members here that don't share that feeling. Dutchman's FB page may just end up with a ton of complaints for all to view.

Do they really want to do this???
Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 11:41 PM   #6

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by sundancer 87 View Post
Ah, can someone say 'open a can of worms'? It looks like a feel good page alright but I'm sure there are a few members here that don't share that feeling. Dutchman's FB page may just end up with a ton of complaints for all to view.

Do they really want to do this???

My thoughts exactly!!!!!
Nana & Poppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 12:03 AM   #7

Colorado
Don't forget that if they gets posts that are less than favorable they can remove or hide them.

Edit: which is likely the reason they do not participate here - no control.

2013 Infinity 3640RL with Trailair pin box
2008 F-250 King Ranch Power Stroke diesel with B&W Companion Slider hitch
Chalkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 12:11 AM   #8

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalkie View Post
Don't forget that if they gets posts that are less than favorable they can remove or hide them.

Edit: which is likely the reason they do not participate here - no control.

You are exactly right !!
Old 09-06-2013, 01:52 PM   #9

Delaware
Welcome to the forum.

As a company, if Dutchmen is now going to pursue a public image, hopefully they plan to address some of the quality control issues that are coming out of their factory.

There was already an Aerolite Facebook page but no activity since April so I hope this new page will show activity. Be prepared for some negativity as many on this board have experienced issues some seemingly so simple to solve most think that no one bothers to check the trailers before they are shipped out.

Again welcome, and don't take anything personally!

2014 Aerolite 282DBHS

myaeroliterv.com
prm99v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 08:23 PM   #10

Indiana
Welcome Jet 1961 It is nice to see a company person getting the guts to show up here and announce it publicly.

I have a few questions for you.

Have you ever been camping in an RV?

Have you ever not gotten the quality you expected in a product like an RV?

2013 Denali 311 bhs pos
Love the trailer, hate the dealer and manufacturer.
memgrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 09:01 PM   #11

Indiana
I will have the opportunity to RV camp at the end of this month, but I have not had up to this point. I grew up as a tent camper, and still go every chance I get. The older I get, though, the less I like crawling in and out of a tent, toting water, and at least one nightly hike to the pit. Retiring in an RV is part of my plan for the future, because I sure don't plan to give up camping.

I have certainly had my share of issues with cars, and it's definitely frustrating. Knowing that assembly-line production makes a car affordable does not make it less infuriating when the moon roof leaks.

While I may not be exactly able to empathize with you all, I can certainly sympathize with your issues.
jet1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 10:02 PM   #12

Indiana
Please do come back and share your experience with us. No Sugar coating it either, we have all had our share of bad weekends but they don't even come close to the number of great ones which I hope you have.

You never know, being local I may run into you out there and if so I will buy the first round and the fire pit.

2013 Denali 311 bhs pos
Love the trailer, hate the dealer and manufacturer.
memgrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 06:24 PM   #13

Thanks! Just "liked" your page.
Old 09-09-2013, 10:41 PM   #14

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by waytoogood View Post
I think that the guys at Dutchmen should just promote and use this forum and site for there media page.

I'm not on the Facebook and don't plan on starting. Way too much B.S. on Facebook for me !!

I am glad that Dutchmen is willing to do something anyway.
X2

I don't like facebooks privacy policy, they don't have one and I spend enough time online as it is. I also don't like advertising pushed on me.

I would like to see Dutchmen monitor this site and step up when someone is having problems. They will get all the feedback they want.
hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 12:05 PM   #15
Chapter Director

Send a message via Skype™ to gonervn
Ohio
Welcome jet1961! Thank you being a part of the forum. Yes there will be negative comments, but I hope you hang in and start to make a difference with the true customers who are the ones who buy Dutchmen products. Will change happen overnight I think we all know the answer to that, it never does. We all have to work together to promote change! I don't agree that this should be the only place Dutchmen should promote there products. FB is for everyone, this Forum is for Owners or potential owners. These are really two different areas that social media is addressing. Let's help jet1961 make a differnce for all of us.
Findlay, Oh.
gonervn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 06:46 PM   #16

Ontario
Quote:
I will have the opportunity to RV camp at the end of this month, but I have not had up to this point. I grew up as a tent camper, and still go every chance I get. The older I get, though, the less I like crawling in and out of a tent, toting water, and at least one nightly hike to the pit. Retiring in an RV is part of my plan for the future, because I sure don't plan to give up camping.

I have certainly had my share of issues with cars, and it's definitely frustrating. Knowing that assembly-line production makes a car affordable does not make it less infuriating when the moon roof leaks.

While I may not be exactly able to empathize with you all, I can certainly sympathize with your issues.
Thanks for this notice, Jackie, and welcome aboard. There's a very active group of Voltage owners that communicate on the "Voltage Toy Hauler" facebook page. You might want to post this message there, too, to raise awareness of Dutchmen's new "official" fb page. I bet it would result in lots of good input from Dutchmen owners that you're seeking.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Volta...74877899198538
2010 Yamaha YZ125
mikesnider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 02:26 AM   #17

North Carolina
I liked the fb page. I have commented on the page. I hope they get alot of good comments and suggestions for the future. I think you can complain without being rude or nasty, I know sometimes we get so frustrated and lose it. We are human after all. My mom use to tell me you can get more by treating others the way you want to be treated, so I try. I know sometimes the people we deal with are so use to others blaming them for things out of there control. I try to be nice but if after awhile they are really listening then I . I am looking forward to getting updates and such on Dutchmen.
Volvosweetie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 12:18 PM   #18

Quebec
Add me to your list of supporters. Believe it or not, you are among friends here. We need your support and give you a lot of credit for being here!
Welcome.
2012 GMC 2500HD Diesel
kevinmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 11:41 PM   #19

Indiana
Quote:

Jackie Landaw
Dutchmen Manufacturing
Jackie,

Welcome!

Real good that Dutchmen has hired a Communications coordinator.
Love the fact that the Dutchmen CEO's are looking to build relationships with their customers. FB is not my thing. I'm sure FB will work for many.

As I've stated on the Air conditioning issues Post. Dutchmen is out of their league when it comes to Voltage and Infinity units.

So, having you in communications will make everything better!

I'm being sarcastic. I'm sure your very good at what you do. I wish you only the best.

Dutchmen has tried to take on too much and should go back to what they did very well. Travel trailers. Dutchmen built their business on TT's and should do what they do well.

Let Dutchmen know they need to do what they do best.

2012 Dutchmen 3850RL
Infinityrver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 07:55 PM   #20

Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by hddecker View Post
X2

I don't like facebooks privacy policy, they don't have one and I spend enough time online as it is. I also don't like advertising pushed on me.

I would like to see Dutchmen monitor this site and step up when someone is having problems. They will get all the feedback they want.
(stepping up on my soapbox) I will second that, "Dutchmen/Thor please moniter this thread" It could be a way to stay ahead of future complaints and problems with your brands and products. One of the problems is the air units not being installed properly, oops my HO though. AS most of you know from my thread, I finally fixed it myself. (back off my soapbox)

Thank youl

GOLDENYEARS is offline   Reply With Quote