Dutchmen Facebook Page - Page 2 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-19-2013, 01:02 PM   #21

New York
Well all we have an advocate amongst us! Jackie is monitoring our forum and has put me in contact with a representative of Dutchmen (Jamie) who has actually looked at the many problems we are having with our Rubicon 2900. Many of the parts my dealer has said were on order since June where only placed 9/13.....some of the water damage issues are now being looked at with a different set of eyes! I was originally told that the front cap of our Rubicon was like it was because we did not "check the seams"....now someone else has looked at it and I am being told it looks like the cap was "cut short"....which is exactly what I said a month or so ago! (DH owned his own auto body shop for many years before retiring, we do know the difference!).....

I am being shipped (directly) some of the many needed parts to repair our unit!

I was also informed that Keystone has now taken over Dutchmen, and some of the Keystone employees are now in the offices of Dutchmen! Confirmed that over on RV News also!

Let's all keep our fingers crossed!

And kudos to Jackie!

Nana & Poppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 01:57 PM   #22

Saskatchewan
Who said that the squeaky wheel doesn't get attention. Congrats on winning this battle. Your work has paved the way for many others. As you've likely read on here that DW and I are attending the Snowbird RV show next week in Abbotsford, BC. First priority will be to research a new travel trailer to semi-retire into. Hopefully we'll find something that we like and I'll watch that unit till we purchase just before retiring. Happy to hear that your on your way to get what you've paid for.

2013 Timber Ridge, 2013 GMC Sierra 6.2 L
kayakcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 02:16 PM   #23

Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLDENYEARS View Post
(stepping up on my soapbox) I will second that, "Dutchmen/Thor please moniter this thread" It could be a way to stay ahead of future complaints and problems with your brands and products. One of the problems is the air units not being installed properly, oops my HO though. AS most of you know from my thread, I finally fixed it myself. (back off my soapbox)

Thank youl
This is the title of my original post on the poor performance of my kitchen air unit.
"Air conditioners, the vent ducts are not working!!!" There have well over 4500 hits on the post and over 160 posts. Jackie, have you mentioned this to any one?

thank you.
GOLDENYEARS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 04:26 PM   #24

Quebec
It's great to hear some positive feedback re Dutchmen. Jackie, you are already earning your keep and it is greatly appreciated!
2012 GMC 2500HD Diesel
kevinmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 05:07 PM   #25
Administrator

Washington
A gentle reminder folks that this thread is about the New Dutchman FB page. If you have concerns about warranty issues or repairs those need to be addressed with Dutchman or in another thread.

Old 09-19-2013, 05:09 PM   #26
Chapter Director

Send a message via Skype™ to gonervn
Ohio
Thanks Jackie.
Findlay, Oh.
gonervn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 11:30 PM   #27

Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nana & Poppy View Post
Well all we have an advocate amongst us! Jackie is monitoring our forum and has put me in contact with a representative of Dutchmen (Jamie) who has actually looked at the many problems we are having with our Rubicon 2900. Many of the parts my dealer has said were on order since June where only placed 9/13.....some of the water damage issues are now being looked at with a different set of eyes! I was originally told that the front cap of our Rubicon was like it was because we did not "check the seams"....now someone else has looked at it and I am being told it looks like the cap was "cut short"....which is exactly what I said a month or so ago! (DH owned his own auto body shop for many years before retiring, we do know the difference!).....

I am being shipped (directly) some of the many needed parts to repair our unit!

I was also informed that Keystone has now taken over Dutchmen, and some of the Keystone employees are now in the offices of Dutchmen! Confirmed that over on RV News also!

Let's all keep our fingers crossed!

And kudos to Jackie!
Sounds like you're on your way to getting things straightened out.

Also, I hope that Keystone really has taken Dutchmen over. Keystone actually uses the VIN number to associate parts to each trailer. Dutchmen never did. That astounded me.

Good luck to us all!

2012 Dutchmen 3850RL
Infinityrver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 11:33 PM   #28

Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
A gentle reminder folks that this thread is about the New Dutchman FB page. If you have concerns about warranty issues or repairs those need to be addressed with Dutchman or in another thread.

I know, I know!

I'm moving to another thread.

2012 Dutchmen 3850RL
Infinityrver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 11:37 PM   #29

New York
Janet - if you want to move my post to another thread, please do so......

Since Jackie introduced herself here...I thought I'd say kudos here!

Nana & Poppy is offline   Reply With Quote