Dutchman satelite hookup? - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-16-2022, 10:32 PM   #1

Nebraska
Dutchman satelite hookup?

Hi everybody! Need help with setting up my dish satellite. Wall plate has splitter with 2 orange cables, 1 purple cable, and 1 black cable. I've purchased dual coaxial wall plate to run my dish, but can't get antenna booster light to work unless purple cable is hooked to antenna hookup. In checking cables, 1 orange is for 2nd TV, other orange is going to stereo antenna and purple is shore side cable hookup. Black, I'm assuming goes to antenna hookup, but light won't stay lit when booster button is on. What am I not seeing? Thanks for any suggestions.

knepco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2022, 12:12 PM   #2

Florida
First off, your satellite box sends power to the LNB so you should have a direct connection from the box to the dish. A splitter will work but if you look at a dish or direct tv splitter, you will notice a special spot for the dish connection. That passes power while the second connection is a basic antenna connection for a second tv with a box.

Dish doesn’t have a separate unit for power while direct tv has a separate power supply for the LNB.

Saying that, the regular tv connection supplies power to the RV antenna, while that light is on, you get regular tv channels. Light off=cable channels from the park’s system.

franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2022, 12:41 PM   #3

Florida
By the way, RV GEEKS has an article today on

RV TV Antenna: Enjoy a Clear Picture on the Road!
franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2022, 03:11 PM   #4

Nebraska
thanks so much for the info.
knepco is offline   Reply With Quote