Brand New Full TIme RVer and Buying a Dutchman this week - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen RV Owner's Community Forums > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 01-22-2022, 09:09 PM   #1

Kentucky
Brand New Full TIme RVer and Buying a Dutchman this week

Hi everyone! I hope to meet many of you in person in our travels! My name is Savannah! I have lived in Lexington, Kentucky the past 2 years, and I came to a crossroads, and decided NOT to purchase my home and instead, purchased a 2022 Dutchman Voltage 3635!

I am really excited to get on the road. I am heading to Ocala for a while, and I want to explore LLOTS of Florida, Keys etc. I have 2 big furkids- my dogs, and I work with horses professionally.

Looking forward to learning A LOT and having many wonderful and beautiful adventures!

Cheers!

Savvy Firefly

savvyshazam2022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 06:49 PM   #2

Florida
Ocala is the perfect place for you(besides Kentucky). Do you prefer a particular breed of horse? We recently lost our Morgan to age!

Welcome to the forum by the way!

franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 12:06 PM   #3

Kentucky
Thanks Frank! I personally love the thoroughbreds, but I work with ll of them, sport horses, family members, performance and all the disciplines

So sorry bout the loss of your loved Morgan. They are also amazing, incredibly versatile and tons of personality
savvyshazam2022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2022, 08:39 PM   #4

Washington
First let me caution you about Dutchmen trailers. Their quality is extremely poor, I had to spend several thousand dollars to correct major issues due to poor construction. They look nice but when you look behind the pretty you find the low quality.
Logging the miles in the USA. Adventure awaits around every corner.
kjlarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2022, 01:30 PM   #5

Arizona
if you hang out here awhile or look at the subjects,, there have been many problems with dutchman and I am not an expert in any of them, I wish I had not bought mine,, cheaper with our travels and now the Vid would be to have gotten hotel rooms for our adventure,, my AC is out again and I will have to ask here about it.. Dometic AC units are not the best in workmanship, nor from what I have seen with my broken AC duct work on my 300 hbsl dutchman TT,, where they ran wires into the duct etc... sad thing.. good luck in your adventure.
rich2481 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2022, 01:52 PM   #6

California
The previous comments can be true but they don't all need major repairs and it's not just Dutchmen. Im a member of Forest River and Jayco forums and they all have quality issues. Some very major and some minor. My friends 2017 Grand design broke leaf spring hangers. 2017 Heartland with delaminated main slide floor and rollers crushing the bedroom slide. I personally would look at 18-19 models because there's not much difference in appearances but they're not built with the COVID shortages.

Don't be scared, just make sure you do a complete PDI. If you don't know what you're looking at, pay an expert to do it with you. It will be money well spent. Video the instructions they give you because you won't remember much if you don't have experience.

My 2019 Triton hasn't had any warranty issues in 3000 miles. Knock on wood.

2012 RAM 3500 6.7l DSL 4x4 DRW 4:10 gears Max Tow. Stockish w/tuned transmission.
1999 Dodge 2500 5.9l DSL 4x4 8" Fabricated 5 link 12" long travel coil over conversion.
Eric H. is offline   Reply With Quote