3800 Owner - Dutchmen Owners

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen RV Owner's Community Forums > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 10-28-2014, 10:41 AM   #1
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Park Rapids
Posts: 5
Minnesota
Wink 3800 Owner

Just saying hi to the group. Just purchased a 2014 3800 toy hauler. Living in north central Minnesota, I do have some questions about winterizing the unit. The owners manual is pretty generic. Have drained all tanks and water heater, turn the hot water bi pass value and the winterizing value but need to know how to get the rv winter solution in the rig. Can anyone help with the next step. Thanks
__________________

Stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 01:10 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
sundancer 87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Tahlequah
Posts: 2,945
Oklahoma
You should have a port near the fresh water connection marked winterization or something similar. All that is needed is to connect to that port and turn on the water pump and let it pull the anti-freeze into the system. Open each faucet until the pink stuff flows, flush the toilets and then go back and pour some anti-freeze in the traps of the sink and shower and some over the valves in the toilet.

Someone here will post a full blown, step by step procedure on how to do this in a better explaination.
__________________

__________________
2013 Voltage 3800, 2012 Chevy 3500 HD
2010 Yamaha V Star 950
2009 Yamaha Raider
Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 02:50 PM   #3
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Park Rapids
Posts: 5
Minnesota
THANKS Sundacer 87. I found the inlet. But it is not mark or labeled anything. Just did the winterizing,,, that was simple. Thanks again for your help,,,,, going to like this site.
Stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 10:45 PM   #4
Site Team
 
wahoonc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Sprung Leak
Posts: 3,156
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by sundancer 87 View Post
You should have a port near the fresh water connection marked winterization or something similar. All that is needed is to connect to that port and turn on the water pump and let it pull the anti-freeze into the system. Open each faucet until the pink stuff flows, flush the toilets and then go back and pour some anti-freeze in the traps of the sink and shower and some over the valves in the toilet.

Someone here will post a full blown, step by step procedure on how to do this in a better explaination.
Dang... I want one of those! Just added it to the "maybe I should put one of these on my camper" mod list.

How about a picture of what the fitting looks like?

Aaron
__________________
There is madness to my methods
2015 Coleman CM16FBS(traded) 2016 Concord 300DS
2015 Ford Fusion Hybrid following along
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 10:56 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
sundancer 87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Tahlequah
Posts: 2,945
Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoonc View Post
Dang... I want one of those! Just added it to the "maybe I should put one of these on my camper" mod list.

How about a picture of what the fitting looks like?

Aaron
From what I remember the port is just a hose bib valved to the water pump. I say 'remember' because the 3800 has been in the dealer's lot since August!

This might work for you http://www.amazon.com/Camco-36543-Pu...interizing+kit

What I should have said instead of hose bib, the fitting is a female garden hose fitting.

Similar to this guy http://www.ebay.com/itm/Female-Garde...item417bb31fe0
__________________
2013 Voltage 3800, 2012 Chevy 3500 HD
2010 Yamaha V Star 950
2009 Yamaha Raider
Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 11:01 PM   #6
Site Team
 
wahoonc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Sprung Leak
Posts: 3,156
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by sundancer 87 View Post
From what I remember the port is just a hose bib valved to the water pump. I say 'remember' because the 3800 has been in the dealer's lot since August!

This might work for you http://www.amazon.com/Camco-36543-Pu...interizing+kit
I got a couple of those... just wondered what the outside fitting looked like.

My pump is located right next to the outside wall so plumbing something up would be pretty easy.

Aaron
__________________
There is madness to my methods
2015 Coleman CM16FBS(traded) 2016 Concord 300DS
2015 Ford Fusion Hybrid following along
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 11:25 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
wildwest450's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Sparta
Posts: 1,728
Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoonc View Post
I got a couple of those... just wondered what the outside fitting looked like.
Aaron
I would just buy a city water flange and use that. Then just cut a few feet off an old garden hose for the connection.
__________________
2014 Aerolite 213 RBSL
2016 Chevrolet Colorado
wildwest450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 02:27 AM   #8
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Park Rapids
Posts: 5
Minnesota
For anyone interested, the fitting for wintering on the Voltage 3800 and possibly other Voltage toyhaulers are a female garden hose fitting on the unit which receives a male garden hose end. Another question, anyone having issues with hydraulic hoses used with the automatic leveling system busting?
Stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 02:46 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Griswold
Posts: 190
Iowa
Yes on the hydraulic hoses bursting. Had to replace all of the black pressure side hoses. Whoever was running the crimping machine when putting the fitting on the ends of the hoses didn't know what they were doing. Surprise Surprise!! Every hose looked like it had a golf ball in it right behind the fitting. Dealer replaced some and they paid me to replace the rest. We used high quality cut to length agricultural hoses and pressed on fittings from local farm implement stores.
__________________
2014 V3605
2015 Harley Road Glide Ultra CVO
2020 F-350 6.7 SRW SupurDuty Crew FX4 Lariat
dougs2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 03:14 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Omaha
Posts: 51
Nebraska
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger View Post
For anyone interested, the fitting for wintering on the Voltage 3800 and possibly other Voltage toyhaulers are a female garden hose fitting on the unit which receives a male garden hose end. Another question, anyone having issues with hydraulic hoses used with the automatic leveling system busting?
Are you talking about the city water hook up here? The idea is to not pump into the fresh water holding tank correct? The city water connection should by pass the holding tank if I'm not mistaken.
Chaz Drago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 05:21 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
sundancer 87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Tahlequah
Posts: 2,945
Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaz Drago View Post
Are you talking about the city water hook up here? The idea is to not pump into the fresh water holding tank correct? The city water connection should by pass the holding tank if I'm not mistaken.
He's speaking of the WINTERIZATION port on the unit. That will be to the right side of the wet bay under the lever marked Winterization.
__________________
2013 Voltage 3800, 2012 Chevy 3500 HD
2010 Yamaha V Star 950
2009 Yamaha Raider
Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 05:46 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Omaha
Posts: 51
Nebraska
OK. Just asking. Some trailers have these ports and apparently some don't.
Chaz Drago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 09:59 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
sundancer 87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Tahlequah
Posts: 2,945
Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaz Drago View Post
OK. Just asking. Some trailers have these ports and apparently some don't.
When you have some time it would be cool if you added your RV to a signature line, that way we will know what you have in case you have a question.
__________________

__________________
2013 Voltage 3800, 2012 Chevy 3500 HD
2010 Yamaha V Star 950
2009 Yamaha Raider
Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Dutchmen RV or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2020 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.
×