2017 3605 Voltage Range Hood Lite HELP! - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-31-2021, 02:05 PM   #1

Colorado
Lightbulb 2017 3605 Voltage Range Hood Lite HELP!

Hi, Newbie here.... have a heng RO424500C Range Hood missing light bulb. Would like to replace and unable to uncover what part number. My goal is to replace whatever part number to an LED if possible. Has anyone done this? Can you provide original part number or LED part number?
Thank you in advance....and glad I finally figured out HOW to post a question in this blog.
Anyone else experiencing same - look for "new thread" in the very bottom left of page.
The help section does not open into a helpful page - but opens with "unknown".

Liz E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 06:08 PM   #2

Arizona
I have the same range hood in our 3605. The bulbs are the same as the majority of the incandescent bulbs throughout the toy hauler, T-921 (some were marked C-921, but they are all the same with a t-10 blade socket).

I replaced all of mine with LED’s purchased from Amazon.

The first photo is the original next to the replacement. The second photo is the Amazon item.

When installing they are polarity sensitive, so if it doesn’t work when installed rotate it 180°.

Good luck!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	C57F673C-122C-4A3E-9F15-33CC2E9FC2CE.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	6653   Click image for larger version

Name:	FB846392-ECF0-4684-9831-2A73DB5D48F9.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	6654  

Rod in Az is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 05:08 PM   #3

Colorado
Thanks Rod!
We purchased & installed same this weekend.

Question - is your master BAthroom a sauna? How did fix this? I see you’re in AZ and may not utilize heat frequently. We are flabbergasted w the temp in our bathroom when we use the furnace.
������
Old 02-08-2021, 05:10 PM   #4

Colorado
Thanks Rod!

Question - is your master BAthroom a sauna? How did fix this? I see you’re in AZ and may not utilize heat frequently. We are flabbergasted w the temp in our bathroom when we use the furnace!
Old 02-08-2021, 05:11 PM   #5

Colorado
Thanks Rod!

Question - is your master BAthroom a sauna? How did fix this? I see you’re in AZ and may not utilize heat frequently. We are flabbergasted w the temp in our bathroom when we use the furnace!
Old 02-09-2021, 08:27 AM   #6

Michigan
I had the same issue with mine - I replaced the plastic heat register with a metal residential one that I can partially or fully close. The plastic was wide open all the time.
donzinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 03:09 PM   #7

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by donzinger View Post
I had the same issue with mine - I replaced the plastic heat register with a metal residential one that I can partially or fully close. The plastic was wide open all the time.

@donzinger, that is a great idea. Can you share where you purchased yours?

Our (not so great) solution has been to leave the bathroom doors both open overnight. When someone uses the bathroom they close but otherwise it is left open. It helps in heating the bedroom as the one small vent on the floor does very little. But closing the vent like you do would probably force hot air elsewhere along the ductwork.
Old 02-12-2021, 09:18 AM   #8

Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsol View Post
@donzinger, that is a great idea. Can you share where you purchased yours?

Our (not so great) solution has been to leave the bathroom doors both open overnight. When someone uses the bathroom they close but otherwise it is left open. It helps in heating the bedroom as the one small vent on the floor does very little. But closing the vent like you do would probably force hot air elsewhere along the ductwork.
I got it from Home Depot. Remove yours (2 screws if I recall) and take it with you to match up the size.
Old 02-13-2021, 02:10 AM   #9

California
Quote:
I got it from Home Depot. Remove yours (2 screws if I recall) and take it with you to match up the size.

Thanks
Old 02-13-2021, 12:37 PM   #10

Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsol View Post
Thanks
We also found the metal register at Home Depot that fit. However, this added to the heat on the floor. We bought our 3605 used, and noticed what can only be described as possibly burn marks on bathroom floor. Fearful that the metal register is adding to the heat and potential for melting / burning of the floor, we returned the register to Home Depot. For now, we have some super heavy duty tape that we've used to tape closed all but maybe four of the vents on the original plastic register. We are not living in the rig, and hopefully we won't need to run the heat like we have had to this winter while preparing, cleaning,etc.... I would however, feel much better with a more permanent fix.
Old 02-13-2021, 12:50 PM   #11

Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz E View Post
We also found the metal register at Home Depot that fit. However, this added to the heat on the floor. We bought our 3605 used, and noticed what can only be described as possibly burn marks on bathroom floor. Fearful that the metal register is adding to the heat and potential for melting / burning of the floor, we returned the register to Home Depot. For now, we have some super heavy duty tape that we've used to tape closed all but maybe four of the vents on the original plastic register. We are not living in the rig, and hopefully we won't need to run the heat like we have had to this winter while preparing, cleaning,etc.... I would however, feel much better with a more permanent fix.

Oh wow. That sounds like a different issue all together. I’ve had the metal one in since the 2014 season with no problems
Old 02-13-2021, 03:37 PM   #12

California
2017 3605 Voltage Range Hood Lite HELP!

Quote:
Oh wow. That sounds like a different issue all together. I’ve had the metal one in since the 2014 season with no problems

That seems really odd. I looked up what temperature wood and vinyl flooring begin to burn and wood is at lest 400 degrees and vinyl flooring about 700 degrees. Then I looked up how hot should furnace air be and found 140 or 170 degrees at the vent.

Now I have no idea if this is correct but it seems you have a cushion of at least 200 degrees so I would bet something else caused the burns. I don’t doubt for a second that your floor has burn marks but it sure seems unlikely they were caused by the hot air blowing out of the vent. Hopefully it was something stupid the prior owner did like smoking in the bathroom.

Tags
hengs, led, lite bulb, range