Dutchmen Owners

Dutchmen Owners (http://www.dutchmenowners.org/forums/)
-   Modifications and Upgrades (http://www.dutchmenowners.org/forums/f26/)
-   -   Looking to add an extra light fixture to pass through (http://www.dutchmenowners.org/forums/f26/looking-to-add-an-extra-light-fixture-to-pass-through-6943.html)

yelenichjake 06-26-2018 01:23 AM

Looking to add an extra light fixture to pass through
 
1 Attachment(s)
Just a quick question I have a 2016 Aerolite 29dbhs and the pass through only has 1 light fixture on the door side of the trailer. I am looking to add another fixture to the other side. My question is can I just cut the crimped wire nuts off and tie in a set of wires accordingly and run it over to the new light fixture. I have taken the existing light down and added a picture of the wiring. Pretty sure Iím on the right track I would just like confirmation before I go cutting wires in an expensive toy. Thanks for the help!

sundancer 87 06-26-2018 01:36 AM

Go ahead and hook up the extra one as you're thinking. It's a lamp with a filament and doesn't care which wire goes where but you might as well wire black to black and white to white.

yelenichjake 06-26-2018 02:18 AM

Thanks for confirming for me. Canít wait till it show up in the mail so I can get it taken care of

paul5097 06-26-2018 09:10 PM

pass-through lighting
 
1 Attachment(s)
I changed out the light bulb for an LED equivalent and added about 20 feet of self adhesive led strip lighting.Gives me plenty of light anywhere in the compartment.


Attachment 4802

KatChip 07-04-2018 09:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Since you are going to go in and do some mods for your compartment lighting you might as well do as I did - remove the OEM light/switch, order some adhesive backed LED lighting as well as two SPDT switches, then wire it in to allow you to turn the lights on or off from just inside either door.

donzinger 07-05-2018 01:01 PM

I used these on my doors so that when they are opened, the lights come on. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

CSCLARK 07-05-2018 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donzinger (Post 61082)
I used these on my doors so that when they are opened, the lights come on. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

That's my plan someday when I her time!

wildwest450 07-05-2018 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CSCLARK (Post 61085)
That's my plan someday when I her time!

Hey now, this is a family forum.:D

Pricejh 07-05-2018 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donzinger (Post 61082)
I used these on my doors so that when they are opened, the lights come on. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1



Thanks for the pointer. Just ordered several switches. Need on for both the basement and pantry.

donzinger 07-05-2018 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pricejh (Post 61094)
Thanks for the pointer. Just ordered several switches. Need on for both the basement and pantry.

The wife loves it I the pantry. My favorite is the wet bay and generator compartment for dark set up or tear down

yelenichjake 08-03-2018 12:24 PM

I love the magnetic switches. I currently have those little light switch style led lights in the pantry. But those would be great in there. I will just have to find a way to get 12v to the pantry and I will throw some led strips with the magnetic switches. That would definitely earn me some brownie points with mrs.

ArmyVeteran 08-04-2018 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yelenichjake (Post 61918)
I love the magnetic switches. I currently have those little light switch style led lights in the pantry. But those would be great in there. I will just have to find a way to get 12v to the pantry and I will throw some led strips with the magnetic switches. That would definitely earn me some brownie points with mrs.


Not sure about your particular rig. But Our Control panel is built into the end of our Cabinets. 12 VDC is there and I have plans of making use of it.


good luck, im sure you will get much better advise here.

Local150 09-25-2018 02:12 AM

In my pass through I also only had light on 1 side,, I found at Lowes a push for on little led light that can be hung by putting in 1 screw that was provided or adhesive that came with it also,,, I chose the screw,, came with 3 AA batts,, and is bright and has lasted long time

avwizz 09-25-2018 12:45 PM

I replaced my interior lights with LED recessed and had a bunch of the old lights left over. I put them in the pass through storage and wired them so they could be turned on off from either side
https://imgur.com/gallery/XHZpvKy

avwizz 09-25-2018 01:14 PM

Looking to add an extra light fixture to pass through
 
https://imgur.com/gallery/XHZpvKy

I removed the lights in the cabin to install recessed LEDs and took the old lights for the underbelly pass through. Wired them so they can be turned on either side.

Local150 11-05-2018 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yelenichjake (Post 60713)
Just a quick question I have a 2016 Aerolite 29dbhs and the pass through only has 1 light fixture on the door side of the trailer. I am looking to add another fixture to the other side. My question is can I just cut the crimped wire nuts off and tie in a set of wires accordingly and run it over to the new light fixture. I have taken the existing light down and added a picture of the wiring. Pretty sure Iím on the right track I would just like confirmation before I go cutting wires in an expensive toy. Thanks for the help!

I took the easy way out,, put up a battery operated light ,, nice light 2 AA batteries and just push on lenses turns it on and off. Put 3 more under kitchen cabinets,, love them

1l243 11-07-2018 04:00 AM

I put a couple of these wall switch LED battery lights in my pass through and they work really well.
https://img.diytrade.com/smimg/23201..._lamp/e291.png
That said in a previous trailer I added 12 volt lighting to the pantry with a button that would activate the lights when you opened the door. Alot more work though.

franktafl 11-07-2018 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1l243 (Post 64596)
I put a couple of these wall switch LED battery lights in my pass through and they work really well.
https://img.diytrade.com/smimg/23201..._lamp/e291.png
That said in a previous trailer I added 12 volt lighting to the pantry with a button that would activate the lights when you opened the door. Alot more work though.

They have these guys on sale at Big Lots! Cost more to replace their cheap batteries than it does for the unit!

Local150 11-07-2018 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by franktafl (Post 64597)
They have these guys on sale at Big Lots! Cost more to replace their cheap batteries than it does for the unit!

Big lots is no longer here, found them on Amazon, ordered some


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:28 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.