Slide out problems - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > General RV Related Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 01-13-2020, 08:07 PM   #1

California
Slide out problems

I have a 2011 Aerolite Dutchmen 215bhs. My slide out is stuck I'm the out position. I cant get it back in. I'm pretty sure I have an electric side out. I am new to this and bought it used from a private owner. So I have no idea where to find the motor or when I'm supposed to find where to manually crank it in. Any help would be appreciated.

india.jepson@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 09:08 PM   #2

Wyoming
OK, help us help you by beginning with a few basics...

1) Have you checked the fuses in the power box to ensure it's not just a blown fuse?

2) When you push the button to retract it, are you hearing any nosies whatsoever? Like that of a motor turning, or gears clashing, anything? How about if you push the button to extend it further... any nosies then?

3) Do you know if the slide is driven by cables, or gears & tracks? In other words... do you see any belts, cables, or chain on the underside of the chassis by the slide out, or maybe aluminum tracks on the exterior side-walls of the slide out?

2018 BMW R1200GS RALLYE
ATCguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 09:32 PM   #3

California
1) Fuses are fine

2) no noises at all with buttons pushed either way.

3) Its a rear slide out and I see 2 cables running parallel with each other on each side of the slide out. 1 cable running on top and one on the bottom of each side
Old 01-14-2020, 02:24 AM   #4

California
The power was intermittent prior to it finally stopping. My partner says it was almost like a dying sound. But there are no noises now
Old 01-14-2020, 02:28 PM   #5

Wyoming
Ok, I'm no expert in these things... but if you're not hearing anything at all when the button is activated, it sounds to me as though your issue is motor related.

Either it's not receiving power (possibly from a disconnected and/or faulty wiring)... or the motor itself has gone bad.

And since I'm not familiar with your model rig, I have no idea where the motor might be located.

You might wanna try to find a mobile RV tech in the area who can come out and access the problem. If you don't know where to start, try calling some of the local campgrounds and they can usually give you a couple of names & numbers to call.
2018 BMW R1200GS RALLYE
ATCguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 04:36 AM   #6

South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by india.jepson@gmail.com View Post
I have a 2011 Aerolite Dutchmen 215bhs. My slide out is stuck I'm the out position. I cant get it back in. I'm pretty sure I have an electric side out. I am new to this and bought it used from a private owner. So I have no idea where to find the motor or when I'm supposed to find where to manually crank it in. Any help would be appreciated.

It sounds like the same system as in our Kodiak. It is an Accuslide System. There are YouTube videos on it.

Your motor is on top of the wall that the slide runs in and out of. If you remove the trim on top of your slide you will see your motor and gear box and pulleys.

Good Luck
Old 01-22-2020, 09:38 PM   #7

New Mexico
I have the same rig. In the blue bag with the manuals there should be a tool to recover just for this situation.
rwalker790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 01:04 AM   #8

California
There was no tool in blue bag. I got mines used by a private party. Its had 2 previous owners.
Old 01-23-2020, 01:06 AM   #9

California
No motor on top. The gap from the slide out to top of trailer is half a foot maybe. No worries though. I found issue. Not a motor problem. Turns out it was a battery problem. Also thermal fuses damaged. Needed new ones. All good now. Works just fine
Old 01-26-2020, 04:22 AM   #10

South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by india.jepson@gmail.com View Post
No motor on top. The gap from the slide out to top of trailer is half a foot maybe. No worries though. I found issue. Not a motor problem. Turns out it was a battery problem. Also thermal fuses damaged. Needed new ones. All good now. Works just fine

Great news!
Congrats on the fix.
Old 01-26-2020, 06:53 PM   #11

Tennessee
Slide Out issue

Glad to see your slide-out issue is resolved. I have the opposite problem with my 2013 Kodiac Express SE 173 where the living room slide does NOT slide out. I've checked the panel fuses - all OK. I've checked the fuse near the battery and there was some corrosion, but have cleaned and replaced it.

The kitchen slide works properly and is cable activated. However, the living room slide appears to be gear driven. The motor is not overhead. The motor does not activate with the switch - no sound of any kind. I've struggled to locate it underneath in that I don't want to unnecessarily cut into or remove any of the underbelly covering. I would appreciate anyone's knowledge on the motor's location. Thanking you in advance...Stash.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 06:38 PM   #12

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stash View Post
Glad to see your slide-out issue is resolved. I have the opposite problem with my 2013 Kodiac Express SE 173 where the living room slide does NOT slide out. I've checked the panel fuses - all OK. I've checked the fuse near the battery and there was some corrosion, but have cleaned and replaced it.

The kitchen slide works properly and is cable activated. However, the living room slide appears to be gear driven. The motor is not overhead. The motor does not activate with the switch - no sound of any kind. I've struggled to locate it underneath in that I don't want to unnecessarily cut into or remove any of the underbelly covering. I would appreciate anyone's knowledge on the motor's location. Thanking you in advance...Stash.
Have you checked to see if you have power at the motor when you try to move the slide?
franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 07:01 PM   #13

Tennessee
2013 Kodiak Espress SE 173 slide out motor

Does anyone have knowledge of the location of the motor for this unit? It must be within the underbelly. I'm unable to open the larger living room slide, located on the driver's side of the unit. It appears to be a track drive system. The motor is not on top of the slide, therefore it must be underneath. Helping with the motor's location will assist me so as not to remove excess underbelly material. Thanking you in advance...Stash.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 04:20 PM   #14

Florida
does you unit have cables or gears on the side? Is it the main slide with gears underneath?

franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote