New Mobile browsing option | Mobile skin - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen RV Owner's Community Forums > Forum Help | Announcements | Member Concerns
Click Here to Login

Old 03-02-2015, 04:58 PM   #1
Administrator

Washington
New Mobile browsing option | Mobile skin

We have a new browsing option to view the site while on mobile devices.

As you know the forum has a mobile app that you can download and use for mobile browsing but we now have a second option as well, with no download needed. The forum has a new mobile view that you can select or unselect.

When you navigate to the site on a mobile device you should see the new mobile skin (unless you are using tapatalk). If you want to see the full site instead, you can scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page and there is a link to return to the full site view. The mobile skin is a great option for a small screen and designed to be fast and light. Not every feature of the full site is supported but for daily browsing and posting it should be awesome.

If you are browsing on a large tablet you may not see the mobile skin automatically but again can scroll down to the bottom of the page and select the mobile skin from the style chooser option box (lower left)

Name:  dutchman skin.jpg
Views: 353
Size:  8.2 KB

Old 03-16-2015, 03:43 AM   #2

Colorado
Hi Janet,
Is the app for android? I searched the Google Play Store and couldn't find it. I also ran a search of the website and looked at the FAQ's. What is the name of the app for android? I don't use a browser on my phone so an app would be more convenient.

Thanks,

Dale

DC8Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 03:17 PM   #3

Montana
It isn't an app, it is just a skin for the website when viewed on a mobile device browser. How do you get by without using a browser on your phone?
Old 03-16-2015, 03:46 PM   #4

Colorado
In the above post, talking about the new skin, you mentioned "the forum already has a mobile app that you can download and use for mobile browsing." I would rather use that but can't find it in the Google Play Store.

As for no browser; I use FF as my desktop browser but it doesn't work for me as a mobile browser. It won't sort my bookmarks like on the desktop. It just lists them without a file type system. If I need something off the web I just do a search unless I can remember the web address. Transferring bookmarks between browser types doesn't seem practical.
DC8Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 12:59 AM   #5
Site Team

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fdhealy4 View Post
Hi Janet,
Is the app for android? I searched the Google Play Store and couldn't find it. I also ran a search of the website and looked at the FAQ's. What is the name of the app for android? I don't use a browser on my phone so an app would be more convenient.

Thanks,

Dale
Dale,
Just head on over to the Dutchmenowners.org site with your mo-beel deevice and it should automatically pick up the mobile "skin". If you want the full site you have to select it, as Janet shows. I am not aware of an "app" for this forum.

Aaron
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 05:26 AM   #6

Arizona
Tapatalk

Is the site accessible through tapatalk?

2015 Polaris Ranger 900 EPS
Aztex is offline   Reply With Quote