Factoy Contact info? - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen RV Owner's Community Forums > Forum Help | Announcements | Member Concerns
Click Here to Login

Old 08-15-2013, 02:55 PM   #1

Tennessee
Factoy Contact info?

Greetings,
My name is Dale and I am the not so happy owner of a brand new 2013 infinity 5th wheel. Hoping someone on this forum can possibly help me out because I have had no luck with the factory.
Bought this new 5th wheel last month and it was the worst experience I have ever had in purchasing such a large investment. The unit had several maintenance issues (and still does) and the dealers repairs where a joke, so I closed the deal and opted to take it straight to the factory myself.
Here is where I am seeking help from the forum. I have been in contact with a Mr. Bishop Christensen and completed all the requested info VIN # list of problems etc.. but I have never heard back from him after several phone calls / messages and emails he will not respond back. Two days ago I was finally able to speak with a gentleman named Dan explained my dilemma and forward him a copy of the original email that I sent to Mr. Bishop Christensen but that was 48hrs ago and I am no further in scheduling a date to have my brand new 5th wheel repaired.
Does anyone on the forum have a contact that may work? My efforts have failed in the past three weeks.
Thanks in advance.
Dale

Dale.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 11:57 PM   #2

Saskatchewan
This was posted on here not so long ago. Please try them:

Indiana Facility
P.O. Box 2164
Goshen, IN 46527

Dutchmen Manufacturing Inc.
Parts, Service, & Warranty
2164 Caragana Court
Goshen, IN 46527
Phone: (574) 537-0700 or (574) 534-1224
Fax: (574)-537-0496 or (574) 534-3807

Customer Service Questions:
Phone: (574) 537-0600
Fax: (574) 533-3807
warranty@dutchmen.com

Parts Questions:
Phone: (574) 537-0600
Fax: (574) 533-3807
parts@dutchmen.com

Sales Questions:
dreese@dutchmen.com

Retail Customer Service Dept:
Joni Busz
Phone 574-537-0700
jbusz@dutchmen.com

Idaho Facility
10 North 300 West
Burley, ID 83318

Phone: 208-878-4600
Fax: 208-878-4605
infoidaho@dutchmen.com

2013 Timber Ridge, 2013 GMC Sierra 6.2 L
kayakcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 12:03 AM   #3

Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale.Z View Post
Greetings,
My name is Dale and I am the not so happy owner of a brand new 2013 infinity 5th wheel. Hoping someone on this forum can possibly help me out because I have had no luck with the factory.
Bought this new 5th wheel last month and it was the worst experience I have ever had in purchasing such a large investment. The unit had several maintenance issues (and still does) and the dealers repairs where a joke, so I closed the deal and opted to take it straight to the factory myself.
Here is where I am seeking help from the forum. I have been in contact with a Mr. Bishop Christensen and completed all the requested info VIN # list of problems etc.. but I have never heard back from him after several phone calls / messages and emails he will not respond back. Two days ago I was finally able to speak with a gentleman named Dan explained my dilemma and forward him a copy of the original email that I sent to Mr. Bishop Christensen but that was 48hrs ago and I am no further in scheduling a date to have my brand new 5th wheel repaired.
Does anyone on the forum have a contact that may work? My efforts have failed in the past three weeks.
Thanks in advance.
Dale
Dale,

I have felt your pain. I'm now out of warranty and am dealing with an air conditioning issue. Dan is a supervisor and a very poor one. Once I was out of warranty, I wanted my paint codes and he told me to match the paint at a body shop. I finally got the codes but I had to talk to him as a father would to a son. They had the paint codes on file. He was too lazy.

I know that people have issues with Redwood but they have good people at the factory that are willing to help. Kinda wish I had purchased a Redwood as far as help from the factory.

I had a women by the name of Cindy Walker at Dutchmen cwalker@dutchmen.com was very helpful. I liked her. We had the countertop replaced. Had issues with my Bedroom slide and Galley slide. We also, had a host of minor warranty issues that she was helpful with, too. The people that sold us the unit were a joke and we had to find a repair facility that knew how to work on these. The repair facility was not a Dutchmen dealer.

I would also, recommend that if you do not get a response from Dutchmen that you contact Thor Corporation. They own Dutchmen and a host of other companies. Let them know how you're being treated.

If you get a moment look over all my previous posts on this forum. I wish I had more hope for you on this matter.

Which model did you purchase? My wife and I love our unit we just dislike the idiots a Dutchmen that don't care.

2012 Dutchmen 3850RL
Infinityrver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 12:04 AM   #4

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale.Z View Post
Greetings,
Thanks in advance.
Dale
Dale,

I realize that you have been communicating by email with someone at customer service that was there to help you.

I learned many years ago that when you put your concerns to paper and send it by registered mail you get results alot faster.

That is the only way that I communicate with businesses that are not providing me with adequate service. In this situation I would be writing to the president or CEO. Spell out in chronological order what you have done to try and have the issues resolved. Name the people you have dealt with and the dates and times. Explain in what ways the dealer has failed you.

Above all be respectful and don't rant.

If all else fails see if you can find another dealer or shop that you can work with.
hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 03:25 PM   #5

Tennessee
kayakcrazy
Thanks for the contact list I will use what I can from it.

Infinityrver
Thank you also for sharing your experience with this company it kind of helps to know it’s not just me. Also starting to wish that I did more homework before I bought this unit, but it is what it is.
We picked the 3470RE because of the layout and the price was fair and I understand that it’s not a top end unit but if the customer service is any indication of the quality of this unit it makes me worried.

hddecker
I think your spot on with the register mail idea. My experience has been the CEO / president at the top only see’s the bottom line $ never looking at their companies issues until the bottom line $ is affected then it’s too late and the damage is done.

I transport these RV’s all around the country for a living. I was in a dealer down in Georgia last month that had a great mission statement on the wall that read something like this:

Our goal is to make the customer happy so he comes back for the rest of his life for all his RV needs.

Reminded me of my Dad when I was a kid and he would only buy his cars from one dealer and one salesman. Boy I miss those days.

Thank You all for your help I will update my post with the results so maybe to help someone else.

Dale
Dale.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 03:55 PM   #6

British Columbia
Our goal is to make the customer happy so he comes back for the rest of his life for all his RV needs.

Dale[/QUOTE]

Very rare qualities in any sort of vehicle dealer these days.

hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote