2018 Colman lantern 263bh mushroom growing inside - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > General RV Related Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 08-14-2018, 12:13 AM   #1

Florida
Angry 2018 Colman lantern 263bh mushroom growing inside

Found two mushrooms growing inside by slide out one on the carpet and one by the front side of the slide out. I have sprayed the side out with water with it closed and see no water. Can it be leaking in the front wall of the slide out

Joemelanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 10:18 AM   #2

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joemelanie View Post
Found two mushrooms growing inside by slide out one on the carpet and one by the front side of the slide out. I have sprayed the side out with water with it closed and see no water. Can it be leaking in the front wall of the slide out
Can you give a little more detail? maybe a picture?

franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 11:22 PM   #3

Florida
Have no pictures but the front wall of the side out on the carpet by the couch is where the mushroom was growing. on the outside wall of the slide out at the bottom there is a piece of trim that joins the aluminum wall and the covering for underneath of the slide out that the sealer is cracking. Resealed it but don’t know if that will fix it. If you pull the seal back you can see carpet. Going camping this weekend and I know it will ran so I will have to keep a eye on it
Old 08-14-2018, 11:50 PM   #4

Florida
Quote:
Have no pictures but the front wall of the side out on the carpet by the couch is where the mushroom was growing. on the outside wall of the slide out at the bottom there is a piece of trim that joins the aluminum wall and the covering for underneath of the slide out that the sealer is cracking. Resealed it but don’t know if that will fix it. If you pull the seal back you can see carpet. Going camping this weekend and I know it will ran so I will have to keep a eye on it
Do you see any de lamination? I'm wondering if it is filling up with water when the slide is out and because of the way it's in, it may be emptying when it's closed. Since you're in seffner, I could come out there and maybe help out. Four eyes may be better than two. I'm in Carollwood.
Old 08-15-2018, 01:34 AM   #5

Florida
That would me very appreciated I am hooking up tomorrow evening to go to fort wilderness for the weekend supposed to take it to camping world Wednesday and it will set there for 3 weeks before they will even look at it. My email is. Joeharley09@yahoo.com send me a email and I will give you my number
Old 08-15-2018, 11:53 AM   #6

Florida
Quote:
That would me very appreciated I am hooking up tomorrow evening to go to fort wilderness for the weekend supposed to take it to camping world Wednesday and it will set there for 3 weeks before they will even look at it. My email is. Joeharley09@yahoo.com send me a email and I will give you my number
Good morning. Just sent you an email.

frank
Old 08-15-2018, 02:38 PM   #7

Tennessee
Do you Florida guys monitor the humidity in the camper when it's not being used?

I run a dehumidifier almost non stop in Tennessee, I routinely pour 1-2 gallons of water out in a week to keep it to 40-45%.
Old 08-19-2018, 01:21 AM   #8

Florida
2018 Colman lantern

Well had the camper 13 months slide out floor is rotting what do you think Dutchmen will say what a piece of junk. Camping this weekend and the ac broke had to pay a rv repair to come and replace it ac under warranty but service call was $$ don’t know what to do about the floor if Dutchmen doesn’t help will my ins pay to fix it
Old 08-19-2018, 12:14 PM   #9

Illinois
If you're talking about extended warranty or your regular RV insurance, you are out of luck. They all have exclusions about water intrusion. Hoping Dutchmen goes to bat for you.
Rusty
2005 Harley Ultra Classic w/too many miles
lcv800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 12:20 PM   #10

Florida
WOW, Good Luck! I checked with my extended warranty folks about my "spongy" floor and they told me that it was NOT covered but the black and white tank valves are covered. Go figure. your insurance company will most likely reimburse you for the service call charge (fingers crossed)
Old 08-19-2018, 06:53 PM   #11

Florida
2018 Colman lantern

I think I found the problem
Old 08-19-2018, 06:56 PM   #12

Florida
There are holes in the covering on the bottom of the side out and were there are holes it’s rotting
Old 08-19-2018, 07:01 PM   #13

Florida
I have tried to upload pictures but not working
Old 08-19-2018, 07:26 PM   #14

Florida
here they are.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	joe 2.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	4932   Click image for larger version

Name:	joe 3.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	4933   Click image for larger version

Name:	joe 4.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	4934   Click image for larger version

Name:	Joe.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	4935  
Old 08-20-2018, 10:22 AM   #15
Site Team

North Carolina
Quote:
There are holes in the covering on the bottom of the side out and were there are holes it’s rotting
There is a leak somewhere up above, water typically doesn't run up hill...

Look at window seals, side seals, broken or stripped fasteners going up the side trims, roof seals (pay particular attention to the edges), etc.

Aaron
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 03:15 PM   #16

North Carolina
I have the 2017 version of that trailer. When I park it in storage with the right side at a slight down angle the slide will leak a little during hard rains. I put a couple of 2x10s under the right side wheels to level it up and the leak stops. It doesn't do this when the slide is out. Only when it's in and not parked level.
falconbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 12:24 PM   #17

Florida
Well after a long wait for camping world the floor was replaced under warranty yay. Well I would have been better if I didn’t get it fix camping World made things so much worse. So now I need to fix all the things they f up 1 slide is to far forward 2 slide is to low the floor when the slide is closed is so far off the main floor that if you push down on the seat at the Dinette The floor well bounce up and down 3 if it doesn’t fit just spray foam to fill it in lol
Old 10-28-2018, 01:27 PM   #18

Florida
Quote:
Well after a long wait for camping world the floor was replaced under warranty yay. Well I would have been better if I didn’t get it fix camping World made things so much worse. So now I need to fix all the things they f up 1 slide is to far forward 2 slide is to low the floor when the slide is closed is so far off the main floor that if you push down on the seat at the Dinette The floor well bounce up and down 3 if it doesn’t fit just spray foam to fill it in lol
That's good to hear. How old was your RV?
Old 10-28-2018, 02:03 PM   #19

Florida
We talked A couple months ago one year old and it’s in bad shape nothing lines up it doesn’t sit right they did a horrible job I don’t know what to do now
Old 10-28-2018, 05:23 PM   #20

Florida
I had to bring mine back to them several times for them to get it right. They tried all kinds of short cuts before I finally made them fix it correctly. Don't give up, make them fix it right. Get the service manager involved and shame him into admitting they hire monkeys instead of trained service people. Who was your service advisor?