Full Timing in Winter Any Suggestions? - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen RV Owner's Group Chapters > United States & Canadian Chapters > Great Northwest Chapter
Click Here to Login

Old 09-21-2016, 07:25 AM   #1

Washington
Full Timing in Winter Any Suggestions?

We are full-timers in a 2007 Dutchman 5th Wheel and love all the room we have. We removed the original couch and replaced it with a smaller pull-out in case the grands come to visit.

We have sealed around the vents, put a new coating on the roof, extended the gutters a bit, pressure washed, waxed and cleaned and washed all windows inside and out.

My husband had to pull the under belly down for a small leak, dried it out, fixed the leak and placed insulation in the area where the black water tank is so it is protected.

We have wrapped our hoses with quilt batting,pool noodles and heat tape to help keep them from freezing and plan on setting our plumbing up off the ground.

I am using tension rods inside the window frames and purchasing thermal insulated curtains to help keep the cold air out and thinking of placing shrink wrapped plastic on the windows. Our vents all have vent pillows in them.

I recently purchased some area rugs to place on top of the carpet to keep it warmer and a vent deflector for the upper room as the heat blows under our bed and not out into the room.

I am looking for some other ideas to keep the rig warm and not have to go through so much propane this winter. Modifications for insulation, skirting ideas, etc., that will look nicer than the metallic skirts I see everywhere.

Thanks!

Rannypapa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 08:29 PM   #2

California
Be a snowbird & winter down here in the desert around Palm Springs Ca. or Arizona.
2012 F-350 6.7l CC 4X4, Sold 10/10/17
DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
full time living, skirting and insulation, winter warm