1995 Dutchmen Classic - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Library of Owner & User Manuals
Click Here to Login

Old 02-18-2015, 12:06 AM   #1

Washington
1995 Dutchmen Classic

I would be really nice if I could get my hands on an owners manual for my new 1995 Dutchmen Classic.

Any ideas?

Greg

gtruchot1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 01:23 AM   #2

Nevada
Try this.
Customer Service Area Search#

2017 Dodge Ram 3500 DRW
2014 Voltage 3200
2005 FLHTCI
eightydo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 08:28 PM   #3

Ontario
Hi Newbie here, Perkins I joined up today have a 1990 30 ' Dutchman classic, I am seeking a wiring schematic, I tried the Dutchman link shown on this site and few places, and it does not list Dutchman a trailer option, am I missing something here, confussed by the customer service , link you offered above to another member, any Idea how I may somehow find a wiring diagram for a 90 ? my friend
Perkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 10:09 PM   #4
Site Team

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perkins View Post
Hi Newbie here, Perkins I joined up today have a 1990 30 ' Dutchman classic, I am seeking a wiring schematic, I tried the Dutchman link shown on this site and few places, and it does not list Dutchman a trailer option, am I missing something here, confussed by the customer service , link you offered above to another member, any Idea how I may somehow find a wiring diagram for a 90 ? my friend
If one even exists it is proprietary and Dutchmen WILL NOT share it with you!

What are you trying to track down? I have torn down many an RV and the wiring basics are pretty much the same, they just run them in different locations.

Aaron
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 11:15 PM   #5

Ontario
Wiring Issue 90 Dutchman

Thanks Aaron, well my Issue is have no 12 v to my range vent, and have one of my fuse that fries every time I place a new one in it, my guess a dead short, right above kitchen dinette table light wont work, so thinking an Issue between those 2 12 V connections, took the 3 linked terminals apart above dinette discover only i is hot and 2 not, if i keep all separated the # 2 fuse won't blow, connect them as were and poof the fuse fries, so I kept all 3 apart placed a fuse and all good , but still no 12 V to the stove vent hood, I was trying get a wiring schematic to have a way see the route of 12 v as it leaves each 15 amp fuse it will be the important to actually trace were my prob may be, unless other 90 Dutchman owners had a simular problem ??, and found the flaw that may exist as a common known defect or I;m just special lucky guy with an un tracable short,, Thanks again for giving your Input
Old 06-23-2015, 11:26 PM   #6

South Carolina
Perkins, go to Lowes or someplace and buy a $10 voltmeter. Doesn't have to be expensive or fancy. With the fuse in, voltmeter set to read up to 50VDC, and the black wire touching metal ground, check the voltage at the three leads. One will have voltage. That's the supply coming from the fuse. Mark it. Now switch the voltmeter to "ohms" or continuity. (Caution, you will damage the voltmeter if you touch the red to a hot lead. That's why we marked the live one.) Now measure the continuity of the two dead leads, with respect to ground (not to each other). One(a good circuit) will only measure some or no continuity to ground. You can connect that wire temporarily to the live (power) wire. Some circuits will come back alive. It might be the one with the range fan, it might not. The other wire will probably indicate high continuity with ground. That is the branch with your short. Try to determine at this point what works and what doesn't. Go to all the "dead" things, and open up their electrical supply point. Look for somewhere that has shorted wires, broken wires, etc. Good luck!
MartyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 02:28 AM   #7
Site Team

North Carolina
What I typically do is to turn everything on, then pull one fuse at a time and see what works and what doesn't, that tells me what is supposedly on each circuit. Quite often something will come back on partially when you pull a different fuse, that means there is some cross wiring going on. I also pull all various fixtures so I can check the wires coming and going. It will help you develop your own wiring diagram. In my 2015 Coleman the kitchen sink light, stove hood fan, stove hood light and bathroom light are on the same fuse, I just added an entry way light to that circuit. I can get away with it because I have upgraded to LED bulbs which pull very little current. I have 2 circuits that are cross wired, but haven't bothered to track down where.

Marty has some good advice too. I am more of a show than tell type...

Aaron
Old 06-24-2015, 02:14 PM   #8

Ontario
Thank you both Kindly, Marty and Arron, you were both very helpful , I now have some clear objectives , will try the track the path with a V Meter, and failing that have a B plan , I can Isolate and cap shorted run, and re route a new share lead, because I too have converted most of the 12 V coach lights to L.E.D, I may opt for a more modern panel box too, that I know will offer more stability this one is from 90 so outdated and did it's job

Back to work Cheers guys
Old 06-24-2015, 07:37 PM   #9
Site Team

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perkins View Post
Thank you both Kindly, Marty and Arron, you were both very helpful , I now have some clear objectives , will try the track the path with a V Meter, and failing that have a B plan , I can Isolate and cap shorted run, and re route a new share lead, because I too have converted most of the 12 V coach lights to L.E.D, I may opt for a more modern panel box too, that I know will offer more stability this one is from 90 so outdated and did it's job

Back to work Cheers guys
When you get ready for a new converter I would upgrade to a larger one and a 4 stage too, better for the battery. I buy my stuff from Best Converter. Great people and super helpful.

Aaron
Old 08-17-2015, 12:48 AM   #10

Utah
Customer Service Area, Parts, and Archived Literature#
fcronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 12:11 AM   #11

Michigan
Did you ever locate a manual? I have a class c 1995 or 1996 and am looking for a manual. Thanks John

Bear N Honeys is offline   Reply With Quote