1977 Komfort Kruiser 14' Owner Manual? - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Library of Owner & User Manuals
Click Here to Login

Old 06-27-2014, 06:19 AM   #1

California
1977 Komfort Kruiser 14' Owner Manual?

Hi,

Just got a 77 Komfort Kruiser 14' and looking for an owners manual? It's pretty sweet, but has a lot of water damage in roof and trying to figure out where to start. It's a fixer upper which I'm not afraid of, but would like to start with a manual to familiarize myself with the whole thing as well.

Thanks,

RJ

rjgill70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 10:45 AM   #2
Site Team

North Carolina
Manual isn't going to give you much information on the structural stuff. The stove/fridge/etc will be whatever was industry standard at the time it was built.

What is the current roof made out of? I have torn a couple of 1974 Pathfinders down to repair damage, they are very similar.

Not for the faint of heart. It can be done.

I am going to guess you have an aluminum sheet roof. The place to start is at one end or the other at the extrusions (if there are any) remove sealant and screws. You will have fiberglass batt insulation and wood framing underneath.

Aaron

wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 10:47 AM   #3

New York
Hi RJ! Welcome to the forum! Finding a manual even for a new rig is next to impossible - they are not specific and do not have electrical or framing schmetics in them....the most you will get is an appliance manufacturer "general" information book......

I've gone through our TH and former trailers and made a list of make and model of appliances and then downloaded a manual off the internet.....

sorry can't help with the roof repair...but good luck and post pictures!!
Nana & Poppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 03:45 PM   #4

California
Thanks! The roof will be a rough one depending on the extent of damage. Manual is mostly to figure out how to operate things on propane, but I'm sure I will figure it out. Seems like pilots should work for heat and fridge, just have to play with them for a bit to figure out settings...
Old 06-27-2014, 03:53 PM   #5

California
Roof

Here it is.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo(1).jpg
Views:	328
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	1274  
Old 06-27-2014, 10:10 PM   #6
Site Team

North Carolina
Start by taking the vents and other stuff off, then start at which ever end has the extrusion, probably the rear, then the side rails and all those screws. Hopefully you have a dry shelter to park it under! You will probably end up having to replace most of the roof frames as well as some of the wall top plate. Good thing lumber is cheap.

FWIW I have toyed with the idea of doing RV repair as a retirement job, but no one really wants to pay to have things done properly.

I have two Airstreams that I am rehabbing right now, the main one is taking longer than expected so we bought the Coleman CM16FBS as something to use until the AS is done.

Aaron
Old 06-28-2014, 02:00 AM   #7

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoonc View Post
Start by taking the vents and other stuff off, then start at which ever end has the extrusion, probably the rear, then the side rails and all those screws. Hopefully you have a dry shelter to park it under! You will probably end up having to replace most of the roof frames as well as some of the wall top plate. Good thing lumber is cheap.

FWIW I have toyed with the idea of doing RV repair as a retirement job, but no one really wants to pay to have things done properly.

I have two Airstreams that I am rehabbing right now, the main one is taking longer than expected so we bought the Coleman CM16FBS as something to use until the AS is done.

Aaron
Aint that the truth, people think because your retired you should be happy to do the work for free.
hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 10:36 AM   #8
Site Team

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by hddecker View Post
Aint that the truth, people think because your retired you should be happy to do the work for free.
Some places seem to think you ought to do that anyway! Or minimum wage.

Aaron
Old 06-28-2014, 10:39 AM   #9
Site Team

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjgill70 View Post
Thanks! The roof will be a rough one depending on the extent of damage. Manual is mostly to figure out how to operate things on propane, but I'm sure I will figure it out. Seems like pilots should work for heat and fridge, just have to play with them for a bit to figure out settings...
On your LP stuff, check all your vents and around the jets for spiders and mud daubers they both LOVE the smell of LP and can gum things up very easily.

Aaron

Tags
1977, komfort 14 door