1977 Komfort Kruiser 14' Owner Manual? - Dutchmen Owners

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Library of Owner & User Manuals
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 06-27-2014, 06:19 AM   #1
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Olympic Valley
Posts: 3
California
1977 Komfort Kruiser 14' Owner Manual?

Hi,

Just got a 77 Komfort Kruiser 14' and looking for an owners manual? It's pretty sweet, but has a lot of water damage in roof and trying to figure out where to start. It's a fixer upper which I'm not afraid of, but would like to start with a manual to familiarize myself with the whole thing as well.

Thanks,

RJ
__________________

rjgill70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 10:45 AM   #2
Site Team
 
wahoonc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Sprung Leak
Posts: 3,138
North Carolina
Manual isn't going to give you much information on the structural stuff. The stove/fridge/etc will be whatever was industry standard at the time it was built.

What is the current roof made out of? I have torn a couple of 1974 Pathfinders down to repair damage, they are very similar.

Not for the faint of heart. It can be done.

I am going to guess you have an aluminum sheet roof. The place to start is at one end or the other at the extrusions (if there are any) remove sealant and screws. You will have fiberglass batt insulation and wood framing underneath.

Aaron
__________________

wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 10:47 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Nana & Poppy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Old Forge
Posts: 886
New York
Hi RJ! Welcome to the forum! Finding a manual even for a new rig is next to impossible - they are not specific and do not have electrical or framing schmetics in them....the most you will get is an appliance manufacturer "general" information book......

I've gone through our TH and former trailers and made a list of make and model of appliances and then downloaded a manual off the internet.....

sorry can't help with the roof repair...but good luck and post pictures!!
__________________
Kathy & Leo ~Adirondack Mtn. Region of NY
2013 Rubicon 2900 Toy hauler
2010 Ford F-350 4x4 Lariat Dually Super Crew Diesel
Nana & Poppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 03:45 PM   #4
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Olympic Valley
Posts: 3
California
Thanks! The roof will be a rough one depending on the extent of damage. Manual is mostly to figure out how to operate things on propane, but I'm sure I will figure it out. Seems like pilots should work for heat and fridge, just have to play with them for a bit to figure out settings...
rjgill70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 03:53 PM   #5
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Olympic Valley
Posts: 3
California
Roof

Here it is.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo(1).jpg
Views:	86
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	1274  
rjgill70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 10:10 PM   #6
Site Team
 
wahoonc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Sprung Leak
Posts: 3,138
North Carolina
Start by taking the vents and other stuff off, then start at which ever end has the extrusion, probably the rear, then the side rails and all those screws. Hopefully you have a dry shelter to park it under! You will probably end up having to replace most of the roof frames as well as some of the wall top plate. Good thing lumber is cheap.

FWIW I have toyed with the idea of doing RV repair as a retirement job, but no one really wants to pay to have things done properly.

I have two Airstreams that I am rehabbing right now, the main one is taking longer than expected so we bought the Coleman CM16FBS as something to use until the AS is done.

Aaron
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 02:00 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
hddecker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: kamloops
Posts: 2,152
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoonc View Post
Start by taking the vents and other stuff off, then start at which ever end has the extrusion, probably the rear, then the side rails and all those screws. Hopefully you have a dry shelter to park it under! You will probably end up having to replace most of the roof frames as well as some of the wall top plate. Good thing lumber is cheap.

FWIW I have toyed with the idea of doing RV repair as a retirement job, but no one really wants to pay to have things done properly.

I have two Airstreams that I am rehabbing right now, the main one is taking longer than expected so we bought the Coleman CM16FBS as something to use until the AS is done.

Aaron
Aint that the truth, people think because your retired you should be happy to do the work for free.
hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 10:36 AM   #8
Site Team
 
wahoonc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Sprung Leak
Posts: 3,138
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by hddecker View Post
Aint that the truth, people think because your retired you should be happy to do the work for free.
Some places seem to think you ought to do that anyway! Or minimum wage.

Aaron
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 10:39 AM   #9
Site Team
 
wahoonc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Sprung Leak
Posts: 3,138
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjgill70 View Post
Thanks! The roof will be a rough one depending on the extent of damage. Manual is mostly to figure out how to operate things on propane, but I'm sure I will figure it out. Seems like pilots should work for heat and fridge, just have to play with them for a bit to figure out settings...
On your LP stuff, check all your vents and around the jets for spiders and mud daubers they both LOVE the smell of LP and can gum things up very easily.

Aaron
__________________

wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
1977, komfort 14 door

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Dutchmen RV or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT. The time now is 07:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.