Storage beneath bed. - Page 2 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen RV Owner's Community Forums > Dutchmen News
Click Here to Login

Old 02-18-2018, 06:17 PM   #21

Tennessee
Hey guys
I’d love to do the draws under the bed but I’m no good with wood, any body can walk me through it or close to Nashville and want to make a few bucks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stan the man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 12:09 AM   #22

Oregon
Byron thanks for blazing the trail you gave me the motivation. I lucked out and scored some 5/8" laminated plywood from a building recycle center. Brown laminate on the outside and simulated wood grain on the inside.

I was not able to find Undermount sliders in out little town so I had to use 22" bottom mount slider which meant I had to add a little additional framing and I lost about a 1 1/2" in the width of the drawer.

But it came out pretty nice.

Thanks

1l243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 12:16 AM   #23

Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan the man View Post
Hey guys
I’d love to do the draws under the bed but I’m no good with wood, any body can walk me through it or close to Nashville and want to make a few bucks

Stan I think some wood working skills may be required and wood working tools like a table saw, radial arm saw.

I would suggest you go with a bed lift system where no wood working skills are required it's just a matter of installing the kit.
Watch the video
Old 02-19-2018, 12:28 AM   #24

Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1l243 View Post
Byron thanks for blazing the trail you gave me the motivation. I lucked out and scored some 5/8" laminated plywood from a building recycle center. Brown laminate on the outside and simulated wood grain on the inside.

I was not able to find Undermount sliders in out little town so I had to use 22" bottom mount slider which meant I had to add a little additional framing and I lost about a 1 1/2" in the width of the drawer.

But it came out pretty nice.

Thanks

Wow! Great job. We use our drawers for clothes hampers, but no telling what else you can store in there. Is your TT a Coleman? Your pics look just like mine. Again, great job.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
Bryon4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 12:47 AM   #25

Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1l243 View Post
Stan I think some wood working skills may be required and wood working tools like a table saw, radial arm saw.

I would suggest you go with a bed lift system where no wood working skills are required it's just a matter of installing the kit.
Watch the video
Stay, he is correct in stating that some woodworking skills are helpful, and the lifts in the video are an alternative. However, if you fell compelled to pursue the drawers, I will be glad to help you through it in the form of drawings, dimensions and parts.

Old 02-19-2018, 01:05 AM   #26

Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryon4 View Post
Wow! Great job. We use our drawers for clothes hampers, but no telling what else you can store in there. Is your TT a Coleman? Your pics look just like mine. Again, great job.

Yes, it's a 2017 Coleman 300tq Toy Hauler. They do look very similar which made your pictures very helpful.
Old 02-19-2018, 06:29 AM   #27

Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryon4 View Post
Stay, he is correct in stating that some woodworking skills are helpful, and the lifts in the video are an alternative. However, if you fell compelled to pursue the drawers, I will be glad to help you through it in the form of drawings, dimensions and parts.

If I get up the nerve I’d like to do the draws and take you up on your offer. Thanks

Stan the man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 10:03 AM   #28

Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan the man View Post
If I get up the nerve I’d like to do the draws and take you up on your offer. Thanks

[emoji106]