Which Truck? - Page 3 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Technical | Towing, Maintenance and Repairs > Towing Talk
Click Here to Login

Old 04-16-2015, 12:35 AM   #41

Colorado
Had some good times back then didn't we?

My driveway is now 3/4 mile long, good gravel roadbase...but what would I do with a muscle car? No one "drags main" any more. Can't get good enough fuel.

So I don't think I'll buy one just to sit in the garage and collect dust.

Think and dream about it tho....

Oh yeah...this post is on trucks...buy a duramax!!

Pirate

Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 12:37 AM   #42

Nevada
Pirate we were so lucky to experience freedom. Obviously you must have injured yourself back in the day. Mopar brother!! Lol

Soccerloco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 12:40 AM   #43

Nevada
By the way love your country. Have driven hundreds of miles out of my way to go to amicas to have the best pizza in salida. Cheers
Old 04-16-2015, 12:53 AM   #44

Tennessee
I’ve owned a 2000 7.3 Ford, (possibly the most reliable pick-up truck diesel ever made) an 03 6.0 Ford, (could be just the opposite, depending on who you ask) an 02 Duramax LB7, and now an 07 Duramax LBZ. All of them were good trucks for me. Here are a couple of things I observed. The CC Ford had more room than the CC Chevy. The ext cab Chevy’s back seat had more room than the ext cab Ford’s back seat. Both Chevys had a better ride. The Allison’s tow/haul mode was far superior to the 03 Torkshift’s. But then again, you see the year models of my trucks and I’m sure they’ve all come a long way since then. The 03 6.0 and the LB7 got the best mpg empty.(hand calculated) It was nothing to get 20mpg in either. The LBZ gets the best towing. (not by much, but still the best) I pulled the same 5er with all of them except the 7.3 and none of them had any problem runnin 70mph down the interstate. I’ve never owned a Cummins but never say never. On a side note, I owned the 6.0 and the 02 Dmax at the same time and I just had to know which one was top dog. So, late one Saturday night, me and the DW had us a friendly little drag race. Me against her. Mono e mono. Man vs. woman. Doin the dishes for a month vs mowing the yard. My pride was on the line. Losing was not an option. Anyway I figured the Ford would win cause it just felt faster. I was wrong. The Chevy jumped out of the hole about a truck length and stayed there. We must have ran a half a mile and no change. One truck length. The Ford did weigh more cause it was a CC and the Chevy was an ext cab. So, which truck was better? You be the judge. Which one was I drivin? Uh Oh, gotta go, the phone is ringing.
2012 EZ-GO 2FIVE LSV 2014 Gem E4 LSV
3wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 01:06 AM   #45

Nevada
Had 96 power stroke bought it in Brighton Colorado put 3 hundred thousand miles. Would have driven it anywhere at that mileage. Used as a ranch truck hauling cattle all over west. Bumping over horrible dirt tracks. Never replaced a wheel bearing never really burned oil. Transmission well had two those but one of the best trucks I ever owned. Never forget pulling out of Brighton heading to my ranch in San Luis Colorado thought I it was the greatest ever pickup it just kept going and going