Power tongue jack need lubed? - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Technical | Towing, Maintenance and Repairs > Towing Talk
Click Here to Login

Old 05-11-2013, 09:52 PM   #1

Power tongue jack need lubed?

I have searched my owner's manual, the Dutchmen website and all over the internet but cannot find any info as to whether my LCI Power Tongue jack needs lubed and if so, how?
Any guidance would be appreciated.

BigBoyjack b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 04:21 PM   #2

Washington
I don't think that the tongue jack ever needs to be lubed --- I've never read anywhere that anyone has done this.
You sound like someone who is going to take great care of their RV however!!

Glenn and Cheryle- loving retirement
Spokane, Washington
2012 Denali 289RK
2012 F150 4X4 Ecoboost Max Tow
Denali2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 01:59 AM   #3

Just curious as to how you are liking your 2012 Denali. My son is looking at a 2014 Denali 280BHST 5'ver in Billings, MT. but I really know nothing about the Denali's.
Old 05-13-2013, 04:03 PM   #4

Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBoyjack b View Post
Just curious as to how you are liking your 2012 Denali. My son is looking at a 2014 Denali 280BHST 5'ver in Billings, MT. but I really know nothing about the Denali's.
We've had two Denali's....the first one was nothing short of a complete lemon. On the first day towing it home, the main door was locked and deadbolted, but it popped open repeatedly -- the first camping trip, we woke up to a very wet bedroom floor, the gel coat on the outside of the trailer walls cracked in two places.....in the first year of ownership, it was in the shop for 6 of those, 3 of which were waiting for the front cap to be replaced due to severe warping....32 warranty issues overall.
That said, just before they were set to replace the front cap (a several thousand dollar repair), I called the factory service rep and just asked them to look at the service history of our current TT......I will say that the factory rep stepped up his game, and between their $$ contribution and the dealer's $$ contribution and the trade in they gave us on the old one, we stepped up to our new, much more deluxe 2012 for virtually nothing. I could not have asked for more at that point. I was very satisfied with everyone's response to our issues.
Our current TT has had a few problems, but nothing out of the ordinary. TV went out, and a few things needed to be nailed back together on the inside during a 14,000 mile trip with it last year.
If you go to the Good Sam website, they offer good reviews of most models of TT's and 5ers. I hope this helps.....I've learned that no TT or 5er is ever going to be trouble free -- they are a rolling earthquake after all, you know?

Glenn and Cheryle- loving retirement
Spokane, Washington
2012 Denali 289RK
2012 F150 4X4 Ecoboost Max Tow
Denali2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 01:24 AM   #5

Thank you very much. I will pass this on to my won. Sounds like your patience was rewarded and glad to hear you were treated right by Dutchmen (eventually). Yes, I have learned there is always some small niggle that needs attention but at least want to avoid the big issues like you had if possible. I do believe you are correct, they all have some issues. I will check out the Good Sam also.