Well great - flooring issue! - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-19-2012, 05:29 PM   #1

Well great - flooring issue!

Got a screw backing out under the flooring in a high traffic area of our floor. I am almost positive that it will punch through the linoleum if not fixed pronto. So not sure what can be done. No way to access from the bottom and to lift the flooring is a major task as so much stuff is installed over it (cabinets, walls, etc). Anyone else have this issue and if so, how ws it fixed? Or f anyone has any suggestions in general, please let me know!!! Thanks, JC

Old 05-19-2012, 05:34 PM   #2
VIP Member

Re: Well great - flooring issue!

Warranty work, take it to your dealer. Get it on the record, it might not be the only one. It can be fixed, even if they have to relay the floor. The only difference is the new flooring will have trim modeling around the cabinets.

2010 Dutchmen Lite 25C-GS[/left:3djbo713]
rgolding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 01:17 PM   #3

Ah, that makes sense. I wouldn't have thought of that. Dealer told me they would probably cut a piece out, do the repair and glue a new piece back in - I didn't like the sound of that at all. And since this was a high traffic area and the nail was coming up right under a line in the flooring pattern, I just made a small incision and used a nail punch to smack it back down into place. It's now gone and you'd be hard pressed to find where I made the incision. I'll leave it like that for a bit to see if the nail pops back up. If it does, I can use the same hole to push it back down or take it out completely, and if nothing else, the incision will allow the nail to come through without actually damaging the floor any further. If it stays good for a while, I'll put some glue under the two sides of the incision and hopefully never have to think/worry about it again!
Old 05-24-2012, 08:22 PM   #4

Washington

Smart solution.....the little tool kit that we bought before heading out on the road has been put to VERY good use too!

Glenn and Cheryle- loving retirement
Spokane, Washington
2012 Denali 289RK
2012 F150 4X4 Ecoboost Max Tow
Denali2012 is offline   Reply With Quote