Well! - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Technical | Towing, Maintenance and Repairs > Interior and Living
Click Here to Login

Old 09-06-2018, 10:35 PM   #1

Florida
Unhappy Well!

Took the RV in for some repairs this week (after waiting a month for an appointment). Replacing two stuck valves (gray and black) with electrics (paying the difference because of the Cornerstone extended warranty) and having them check on a spongy spot on the floor in the bedroom in front of the bed. They found out that they have to replace the floor in the bedroom because the floor is failing. Dealership wants to charge 36 hours of labor plus materials to replace the floor. I have asked them to approach Dutchmen (LOL-) to see if they will warranty a structural defect. I think I know what their answer will be. maybe time to trade it in on a different model and make the leap to full timing! Definitely not going to let them replace the entire floor because of a 2 x 2 soft area. Stay tuned

franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 10:43 PM   #2

Tennessee
36 hours of labor? Sounds like either they want to replace the whole thing or the shop manager needs to make a few boat payments. Bunch of crooks.

Old 09-07-2018, 11:16 AM   #3

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwest450 View Post
36 hours of labor? Sounds like either they want to replace the whole thing or the shop manager needs to make a few boat payments. Bunch of crooks.

He mentioned that they basically need to replace the entire floor in the bedroom which means removing the slide, walls, furniture, etc. Definitely not going to do it unless Dutchmen pays.
Old 09-08-2018, 08:39 PM   #4

Florida
We have had our Dutchman voltage in the shop for quite a few things since we bought it last year somethings the manufacture covered most they did not our last time out was after it was at sea world for four weeks we picked it up is it on the weekend at Fort wilderness at Disney in Florida and had to have it towed out of by steps heavy haul there it's been at c world for the last five weeks for electrical issues this last time at c world they called me and said the landing gear failed this happened while On there a lot when we get it back hopefully next week I will document everything and hand it out at the next couple RV shows here in Tampa and Orlando to people looking at dutchmen in front of the salesman along with the Dutchman owners website about customer service I believe a lot of these problems could be taken care of by proper quality control don't get me wrong we love our trailer just should not have this many issues to be taking care of i'm very surprise Dutchman does not monitor this website I've asked their customer service people this and was told no they do not
Frank I live over in Largo Florida not that far from you we should get together sometime and discuss these issues All our best Florida
Ovalvw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 12:06 AM   #5

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovalvw View Post
We have had our Dutchman voltage in the shop for quite a few things since we bought it last year somethings the manufacture covered most they did not our last time out was after it was at sea world for four weeks we picked it up is it on the weekend at Fort wilderness at Disney in Florida and had to have it towed out of by steps heavy haul there it's been at c world for the last five weeks for electrical issues this last time at c world they called me and said the landing gear failed this happened while On there a lot when we get it back hopefully next week I will document everything and hand it out at the next couple RV shows here in Tampa and Orlando to people looking at dutchmen in front of the salesman along with the Dutchman owners website about customer service I believe a lot of these problems could be taken care of by proper quality control don't get me wrong we love our trailer just should not have this many issues to be taking care of i'm very surprise Dutchman does not monitor this website I've asked their customer service people this and was told no they do not
Frank I live over in Largo Florida not that far from you we should get together sometime and discuss these issues All our best Florida

I would be SUPER HAPPY to meet up and have a brew or three. The materials they are utilizing to "assemble" these trailers are getting to be bottom dollar. I understand, that as a manufacturer, they need to look out for their bottom line but at the sacrifice of quality??? I guess if we are stupid enough to purchase them with out due diligence, my bad.
Old 09-15-2018, 06:51 PM   #6

Florida
I was up at c world this morning to check on the progress made with all my stuff that doing for the past seven weeks. Before I I left I looked at a 2016 still on their lot brand new about 20 foot toy hauler dirt down the sides I'm sure Roof has not been maintained what you're supposed to every six months to a year whoever buys that trailer is going to be going through all the same issues we are I believe the due to that fact that it has not been maintained on the lot yeah we need to get together have some beers maybe one of the upcoming weekends all my best Joel
Ovalvw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 07:16 PM   #7

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovalvw View Post
I was up at c world this morning to check on the progress made with all my stuff that doing for the past seven weeks. Before I I left I looked at a 2016 still on their lot brand new about 20 foot toy hauler dirt down the sides I'm sure Roof has not been maintained what you're supposed to every six months to a year whoever buys that trailer is going to be going through all the same issues we are I believe the due to that fact that it has not been maintained on the lot yeah we need to get together have some beers maybe one of the upcoming weekends all my best Joel
I was there the other day looking at the goodies in the back clearance section. I know all those rv's sit outside from the time they are built to the time they are delivered (and then some). General RV has mine right now, I added the electric valves for the black and gray tanks. They are still waiting on hearing from dutchmen about the floor in the bedroom. They asked if I wanted to purchase the electric valves myself and I saved 2 - 300 bucks on that. I didn't know they would do that so from now on.....