Warranty Service fromAuthorized Keystone Dealers - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Technical | Towing, Maintenance and Repairs > Interior and Living
Click Here to Login

Old 07-30-2016, 03:00 PM   #1

Texas
Warranty Service fromAuthorized Keystone Dealers

The warranty I have with my new 2016 Voltage Model 3970 is not being honored by many authorized Keystone Dealers. I've experienced at authorized dealers in New Mexico, Nebraska, Iowa, Colorado and South Dakota the same or similar problems. Here is the problem. These dealers in those states expect me to pay for diagnostic service on my new 2016 Voltage model 3970. This diagnostic service is required before warranty work would be authorized by Keystone. I have 4.5 months remaining on my 1 year warranty. I have had the dealerships tell me that since I did not purchase my RV from them, I have to pay for the trouble shooting. I travel full time and can not always go back to the dealer I purchased my RV from. Keystone service department tells me that their authorized dealers are NOT supposed to charge me for warranty work or diagnostic's. I've had warranty repairs done at my expense, last time was on April 20, 2016. I'm still waiting on an approved reimbursement check from Keystone. Currently I have problems with my bedroom slide leaking. I've read on this forum and spoke with many others and understand this is a problem on many of the 2016 Voltage model 3970's. I also understand that this is a design flaw created when changes were made from the slide out system on the 2015 model's to the 2016 model's. I cant speak for other Keystone RV's under warranty, but If your an owner of a new Voltage model 3970 and need help on the road from so called authorized dealer's be prepared to pay. Not a Happy Camper at this time.

Alprath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 04:08 PM   #2

Pennsylvania
I had a similar experience with “authorized Keystone dealers”. Since I had so many huge issues with additional damage caused by the service, the quality of work, or lack thereof from the selling dealer, Keystone authorized taking it to nearby Keystone dealers for a warranty repair. I was provided with a list of dealers to contact. Before even explaining what the desired repair was, every dealer I contacted said the same thing. "We only service units we sell". I ended up having the selling dealer do the repair anyway (bedroom slide floor replacement), and thankfully, since that dealer had done so many bedroom slide floors, it came out good. The only repair they had ever done for me that was right the first time.

2015 Voltage 3305, Gone for Good !
2014 Ram 3500 dually, Aisin, Gone but not Forgotten.
2018 Winnebago Sunstar 32YE
thompwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 04:17 PM   #3

Illinois
Wow. Didn't think they could do that. I know they move their customers to the top of the list, which I understand (the advantage of building a relationship instead of buying from a wholesaler), but how can they deny service. They should lose their licensing/dealership. Keystone doesn't call them and tell them to step up? This is like a Chevy dealer telling you they won't warranty the repair on a car because you didn't buy it from them. Really unfair. Hope you get some satisfaction.
Rusty
2005 Harley Ultra Classic w/too many miles
lcv800 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 10:36 PM   #4
Site Team

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcv800 View Post
Wow. Didn't think they could do that. I know they move their customers to the top of the list, which I understand (the advantage of building a relationship instead of buying from a wholesaler), but how can they deny service. They should lose their licensing/dealership. Keystone doesn't call them and tell them to step up? This is like a Chevy dealer telling you they won't warranty the repair on a car because you didn't buy it from them. Really unfair. Hope you get some satisfaction.
Rusty
The RV industry, unfortunately, does not operate like the automotive industry. The dealers can pretty much do whatever they want. For some reason the manufacturers don't hold their dealers accountable.

Some are much better that others. Unfortunately you have to crush a lot of rocks to find the gem.

Aaron
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 07:46 PM   #5

Arizona
Tucson Harley told me the same thing - that they only work on bikes they sell. Perhaps a call to Keystone would be in order to complain.

I have no experience with my trailer being worked on by anyone other than the dealer Camping World. And they have quality repairs.
azdryheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 12:29 AM   #6

Illinois
Harley

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdryheat View Post
Tucson Harley told me the same thing - that they only work on bikes they sell. Perhaps a call to Keystone would be in order to complain.

I have no experience with my trailer being worked on by anyone other than the dealer Camping World. And they have quality repairs.
Harley now? What's this world coming to? I've ridden my bike to 49 states, and have to have repairs done to either my bike or buddies' bikes and have never heard such a thing. Mr. Harley and Mr. Davidson would roll over in their graves. I'd call Milwaukee on Tuscon as well. What the heck. You drop 45 grand on a CVO in New York, drive 2000 miles to AZ and have a warranty issue and they want you to tow it back to NY to get if fixed? Makes my blood boil. Even more than from Dutchmen. Sorry about the rant.
Rusty
2005 Harley Ultra Classic w/too many miles
lcv800 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 02:01 AM   #7

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcv800 View Post
Harley now? What's this world coming to? I've ridden my bike to 49 states, and have to have repairs done to either my bike or buddies' bikes and have never heard such a thing. Mr. Harley and Mr. Davidson would roll over in their graves. I'd call Milwaukee on Tuscon as well. What the heck. You drop 45 grand on a CVO in New York, drive 2000 miles to AZ and have a warranty issue and they want you to tow it back to NY to get if fixed? Makes my blood boil. Even more than from Dutchmen. Sorry about the rant.
Rusty
Rusty,

Rant away, I need the company.

My HD dealer has a policy that Saturday was set aside for folks that were travelling. The only HD dealer I had a problem with was Las Vegas. They are the only place that wouldn't sell me the oil and filter and give me a place to DIY my oil.

When I was a kid I was going nowhere fast, now I'm an old man I'm going everywhere slow.
hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 12:19 AM   #8

Virginia
Interesting post. While I haven't had two local dealers deny service on my warranty, I must say they have been the worst service experiences I've had. Both have let my Voltage sit for months with BS excuses.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk
clint343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 09:22 PM   #9

Texas
I have called the customer service Reps at Keystone and received sympathy, but that's about it. I'm now heading into my original dealer that I purchased my 5th wheel from. Don't mind that but I travel for my business and as such had to wait 4 months of traveling until I got back to Texas, to get the work approved under warranty. RV industry SHOULD be regulated like the car industry. Many RV sales folks are worse than used car salesmen. Many do not own an RV and know very little about the RV's they sell. If you as a consumer, do your research on the RV that you are looking to buy, there's a very good chance that you will know more about the rv you are interested in, than the sales person you are working with.

Alprath is offline   Reply With Quote