Tv size - Dutchmen Owners

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Technical | Towing, Maintenance and Repairs > Interior and Living
Click Here to Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 04-11-2019, 05:15 PM   #1
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Lockport
Posts: 5
Louisiana
Tv size

Just purchased a 2016 aspen trail 28bhs. My 32 vizeo tv surely wont fit. What is the largest size anyone knows will fit and what brand was it
__________________

Bryanthall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 11:31 PM   #2
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 1
Maryland
Just purchased a 2015 Aspen trail. Need to install a tv mount in bedroom. Can anyone tell me how is the best way to install? I really don’t want to pay a dealer $300. Already purchased tv mount. Thank you
__________________

Katbabie37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 01:19 AM   #3
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Lockport
Posts: 5
Louisiana
May be easier to start a new post so we can both get answers
Bryanthall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 07:59 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Roseburg
Posts: 317
Oregon
I don't have a Aspen Trail but our Main TV entertainment center are similar. I am assuming that your trying to put the TV inside the recessed TV area. This just would not work for me, so I decided to mount the TV so it would be flush on the outside of the TV cabinet. This meant I could go from a 23" TV to a 40" TV.
First you will want bring your slide in and see how much space you have between the slide and TV cabinet. You will need at least 2" of space OR the thickness of your TV with a little to spare.
I used a double articulating arm TV mount. This mount will pull out and will allow the TV to sit outside of the TV cavity. When mounted you just push the TV in til it is flush with the cabinet.
I used a good electronic stud finder and found that the entire area was backed with solid wood (yours may be different to so check it out)
I centered the mount and used 1/4" lags screw 1/2" long with washers.
I also installed four small metal brackets with nylon straps to secure the TV in transport.


1l243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 08:06 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Roseburg
Posts: 317
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katbabie37 View Post
Just purchased a 2015 Aspen trail. Need to install a tv mount in bedroom. Can anyone tell me how is the best way to install? I really don’t want to pay a dealer $300. Already purchased tv mount. Thank you
As far as the bedroom goes, can we assume you have a outlet with cable connection in the bedroom? If so, use a good electric stud finder near the TV outlet and cable location. use a very small drill to test for stud or backing. DON'T DRILL TOO DEEP ESPECIALLY ON A OUTSIDE WALL. I would keep mounting screws under 3/4" long. Drill a pilot hole smaller than the mounting bolt size. Use tape or a drill dept gauge so you don't go too deep.
I would get a TV mount that locks in place for transport but will articulates out when you want.
1l243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 11:45 AM   #6
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Lockport
Posts: 5
Louisiana
Yea that looks like the same setups as what I have in mine. Yours looks good and I may consider that I’m not sure if we will be putting one in the bedroom yet but I do have the cable and outlet already there
Bryanthall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 03:35 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Roseburg
Posts: 317
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanthall View Post
Yea that looks like the same setups as what I have in mine. Yours looks good and I may consider that Im not sure if we will be putting one in the bedroom yet but I do have the cable and outlet already there
This is the mount I used for the main TV
https://www.amazon.com/Mounting-Drea...YVNRPD4KK23Q21
1l243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 05:25 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Aiken
Posts: 486
South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1l243 View Post
I don't have a Aspen Trail but our Main TV entertainment center are similar. I am assuming that your trying to put the TV inside the recessed TV area. This just would not work for me, so I decided to mount the TV so it would be flush on the outside of the TV cabinet. This meant I could go from a 23" TV to a 40" TV.
First you will want bring your slide in and see how much space you have between the slide and TV cabinet. You will need at least 2" of space OR the thickness of your TV with a little to spare.
I used a double articulating arm TV mount. This mount will pull out and will allow the TV to sit outside of the TV cavity. When mounted you just push the TV in til it is flush with the cabinet.
I used a good electronic stud finder and found that the entire area was backed with solid wood (yours may be different to so check it out)
I centered the mount and used 1/4" lags screw 1/2" long with washers.
I also installed four small metal brackets with nylon straps to secure the TV in transport.





Looking good.



How long has that been up?



My concern is that you are traveling down the road. BUMP BUMP BUMP. With the TV partially extended. The stresses on that mount may be significant. Just a thought.



Have fun!
ArmyVeteran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 05:43 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Roseburg
Posts: 317
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyVeteran View Post
Looking good.



How long has that been up?



My concern is that you are traveling down the road. BUMP BUMP BUMP. With the TV partially extended. The stresses on that mount may be significant. Just a thought.



Have fun!
8 lag bolts screwed into a 1/2" backing I don't think it's going anywhere but that said this is the tie down brackets I installed for transport mode. The TV does not budge.
I have had this system up for about 2 years and several thousand miles now and everything is fine.


Transport mode

1l243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 06:27 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Aiken
Posts: 486
South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1l243 View Post
8 lag bolts screwed into a 1/2" backing I don't think it's going anywhere but that said this is the tie down brackets I installed for transport mode. The TV does not budge.
I have had this system up for about 2 years and several thousand miles now and everything is fine.


Transport mode


Great idea with the tie downs! Always nice to have some insurance.


Enjoy!
__________________

ArmyVeteran is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Dutchmen RV or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT. The time now is 02:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.