Tv size - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Technical | Towing, Maintenance and Repairs > Interior and Living
Click Here to Login

Old 04-11-2019, 05:15 PM   #1

Louisiana
Tv size

Just purchased a 2016 aspen trail 28bhs. My 32” vizeo tv surely won’t fit. What is the largest size anyone knows will fit and what brand was it

Bryanthall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 11:31 PM   #2

Maryland
Just purchased a 2015 Aspen trail. Need to install a tv mount in bedroom. Can anyone tell me how is the best way to install? I really don’t want to pay a dealer $300. Already purchased tv mount. Thank you

Katbabie37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 01:19 AM   #3

Louisiana
May be easier to start a new post so we can both get answers
Old 04-12-2019, 07:59 AM   #4

Oregon
I don't have a Aspen Trail but our Main TV entertainment center are similar. I am assuming that your trying to put the TV inside the recessed TV area. This just would not work for me, so I decided to mount the TV so it would be flush on the outside of the TV cabinet. This meant I could go from a 23" TV to a 40" TV.
First you will want bring your slide in and see how much space you have between the slide and TV cabinet. You will need at least 2" of space OR the thickness of your TV with a little to spare.
I used a double articulating arm TV mount. This mount will pull out and will allow the TV to sit outside of the TV cavity. When mounted you just push the TV in til it is flush with the cabinet.
I used a good electronic stud finder and found that the entire area was backed with solid wood (yours may be different to so check it out)
I centered the mount and used 1/4" lags screw 1/2" long with washers.
I also installed four small metal brackets with nylon straps to secure the TV in transport.

1l243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 08:06 AM   #5

Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katbabie37 View Post
Just purchased a 2015 Aspen trail. Need to install a tv mount in bedroom. Can anyone tell me how is the best way to install? I really don’t want to pay a dealer $300. Already purchased tv mount. Thank you
As far as the bedroom goes, can we assume you have a outlet with cable connection in the bedroom? If so, use a good electric stud finder near the TV outlet and cable location. use a very small drill to test for stud or backing. DON'T DRILL TOO DEEP ESPECIALLY ON A OUTSIDE WALL. I would keep mounting screws under 3/4" long. Drill a pilot hole smaller than the mounting bolt size. Use tape or a drill dept gauge so you don't go too deep.
I would get a TV mount that locks in place for transport but will articulates out when you want.
Old 04-12-2019, 11:45 AM   #6

Louisiana
Yea that looks like the same setups as what I have in mine. Yours looks good and I may consider that I’m not sure if we will be putting one in the bedroom yet but I do have the cable and outlet already there
Old 04-12-2019, 03:35 PM   #7

Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanthall View Post
Yea that looks like the same setups as what I have in mine. Yours looks good and I may consider that I’m not sure if we will be putting one in the bedroom yet but I do have the cable and outlet already there
This is the mount I used for the main TV
https://www.amazon.com/Mounting-Drea...YVNRPD4KK23Q21
Old 04-12-2019, 05:25 PM   #8

South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1l243 View Post
I don't have a Aspen Trail but our Main TV entertainment center are similar. I am assuming that your trying to put the TV inside the recessed TV area. This just would not work for me, so I decided to mount the TV so it would be flush on the outside of the TV cabinet. This meant I could go from a 23" TV to a 40" TV.
First you will want bring your slide in and see how much space you have between the slide and TV cabinet. You will need at least 2" of space OR the thickness of your TV with a little to spare.
I used a double articulating arm TV mount. This mount will pull out and will allow the TV to sit outside of the TV cavity. When mounted you just push the TV in til it is flush with the cabinet.
I used a good electronic stud finder and found that the entire area was backed with solid wood (yours may be different to so check it out)
I centered the mount and used 1/4" lags screw 1/2" long with washers.
I also installed four small metal brackets with nylon straps to secure the TV in transport.

Looking good.

How long has that been up?

My concern is that you are traveling down the road. BUMP BUMP BUMP. With the TV partially extended. The stresses on that mount may be significant. Just a thought.

Have fun!
ArmyVeteran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 05:43 PM   #9

Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyVeteran View Post
Looking good.

How long has that been up?

My concern is that you are traveling down the road. BUMP BUMP BUMP. With the TV partially extended. The stresses on that mount may be significant. Just a thought.

Have fun!
8 lag bolts screwed into a 1/2" backing I don't think it's going anywhere but that said this is the tie down brackets I installed for transport mode. The TV does not budge.
I have had this system up for about 2 years and several thousand miles now and everything is fine.

Transport mode

Old 04-12-2019, 06:27 PM   #10

South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1l243 View Post
8 lag bolts screwed into a 1/2" backing I don't think it's going anywhere but that said this is the tie down brackets I installed for transport mode. The TV does not budge.
I have had this system up for about 2 years and several thousand miles now and everything is fine.

Transport mode

Great idea with the tie downs! Always nice to have some insurance.

Enjoy!
Old 04-12-2019, 09:49 PM   #11

Tennessee
I tied mine down like that, but bouncing eventually took it's toll, the picture started getting blurry. I now have mounts that allow my to take the tv's down in 30 seconds and throw them on the bed for travel.
Old 04-13-2019, 02:35 AM   #12

South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwest450 View Post
I tied mine down like that, but bouncing eventually took it's toll, the picture started getting blurry. I now have mounts that allow my to take the tv's down in 30 seconds and throw them on the bed for travel.

Yeah those little electrons get all cornfused and poof no tv.
Probably the best alternative.

But then TVs are getting ridiculously cheap

I saw a 55 inch Hitachi (used to be a good brand) for $279 at Sams Club.