TV mount in bedroom - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Technical | Towing, Maintenance and Repairs > Interior and Living
Click Here to Login

Old 11-19-2013, 07:49 PM   #1

Ontario
TV mount in bedroom

The wife and I just purchased a 2014 Kodiak 291 resl. There is a sticker on the bedroom wall that says it's for mount a flatscreen tv. Does anyone know what the TV size limit is for this?

Adair1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 09:42 PM   #2

New Jersey
Don't know and I couldn't find it in the book. However we put up a 19" LCD which is pretty light. The problem we have though is it doesn't feel like the mount will stay on the wall. When putting the mount up, the screws didn't feel like they grabbed on to anything. I'm wondering if the sticker was actually put up in the right place. Can't seem to get an answer on this.

threecampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 12:14 AM   #3

Ontario
I think I'll go with a 19" TV/DVD combo, anything bigger would be overkill I think.
Adair1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 11:48 AM   #4

Pennsylvania
19" in my cts262 bh front bedroom. Put it on one of those swivel mounts with the articulating arms. It's plenty big. Threecampers, like you I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to bite into anything solid because the mount was bigger than the sticker, but it seemed fine.
Old 01-14-2014, 01:56 PM   #5

Saskatchewan
We have a 19" mounted there using one of those very adjustable arms. I understand that there is a piece of plywood secured to the wall studs behind that sticker. Just remember that your walls are only 2" thick so screw length should only be about 1.5". When I put mine up I pinched a very long piece of double sided Velcro behind the wall mount so I could fasten the Tv securely to the wall while in transit (used a piece of foam to protect the wallboard).

2013 Timber Ridge, 2013 GMC Sierra 6.2 L
kayakcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 05:16 PM   #6

Texas
You can knock on the wall around on and around the sticker and you can tell where the added support(wood) is behind the wall.

firestone bags with AirRide wireless auto level Curt Q20 on R5 rails
Jbee is offline   Reply With Quote