replace couches in 3750flw - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-28-2013, 01:18 PM   #1

Michigan
replace couches in 3750flw

my dw and i are not very happy with the sofas in our 3750fl. would like to remove them and put in theater seating has anyone tried thi yet.

GOLDENYEARS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 01:35 PM   #2

Wyoming
This is what I've just bought to replace nine with. Supposed to arrive sometime next week.

2018 BMW R1200GS RALLYE
ATCguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 01:43 PM   #3

Saskatchewan
Please tell us that this couch comes with it's own refreshment fridge and food bar. Please also tell where you purchased it from. Our foam is no good in our 242RESL and this looks so much more comfortable.

2013 Timber Ridge, 2013 GMC Sierra 6.2 L
kayakcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 02:08 PM   #4

Wyoming
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayakcrazy View Post
Please tell us that this couch comes with it's own refreshment fridge and food bar. Please also tell where you purchased it from. Our foam is no good in our 242RESL and this looks so much more comfortable.
Ha... well, no, I'll still leave to walk across the room to the fridge for snacks & drinks, but somehow I'll manage.

Seriously... I saw these in a furniture store about a month ago when I was buying my brother a new chair, and they are COMFORTABLE!! Not only that, but they are wall-hugging power recliners that can be set in any position... so they can sit right against the wall in my slide where my others did. The headrest is also power adjustable.

The main complaint I have with my rig's supplied recliners is that there is no place to store anything (like the remotes, magazines, laptop or iPad), no place to set my drink... and when I pull the recline handle, it's all or nothing. Either fully reclined, or fully straight up. Plus, when I go RV'ing, it's just me. I don't need seating for 4 people.

The only bad part is... I waited too long. I wanted it in brown, but can only find them now in black. It's a discontinued item from Lane Furniture called the Transformer. It's also available as a wider 'sofa' version with seating for 3... and when you don't need the center seat for someone, the upper portion folds down to make a table with a power port. (shown below)

You can find them at various furniture stores here & there. I first found it at a place called Haynes Furniture in Virginia Beach, VA.... and their price for the loveseat version I got is around $1,200. That said, since I'm not in VA... I ended up ordering mine from Amazon.com for a little more, but no tax & free shipping. By the time I figured up the cost of gas for my truck to drive up to VA & back, meals, and a hotel bill... it was just about the same, so I ordered it.
2018 BMW R1200GS RALLYE
Old 11-28-2013, 02:53 PM   #5

Washington
I have intentions of doing something similar. The supplied couches aren't very comfortable. My concerns with the 3750FL is going to be getting the new stuff through the door. The main door is the only access and I don't think something like this will fit. I'll have to do some measuring and shopping to see what's going to work.
Old 11-28-2013, 06:10 PM   #6

British Columbia
Holy schamkkers ......does this come with voice activated heat and vibration controls......with built in TV remote. You would never have to leave your unit when camping....would love to see what you will do with your bathroom fixtures...

Coops
Canada
Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 08:06 PM   #7

Michigan
when we replaced our reclieners and couches in sob we were able to take them apart tha put them in. no problemo. once inside we pub them back together. Keep me posted on how it goes taking out the old couches or chairsnand pictures on how it works out.
GOLDENYEARS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 08:54 PM   #8

Wyoming
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLDENYEARS View Post
...Keep me posted on how it goes taking out the old couches or chairsnand pictures on how it works out.
I did that today... and posted details in the thread below:

http://www.dutchmenowners.org/forums...-new-post.html
2018 BMW R1200GS RALLYE
Old 11-29-2013, 05:14 AM   #9

New Mexico
I was just looking at upgrading the seat cushion foam as ours is severely lacking. It would be nice to swap out but has anyone removed the couch or J section to see if its possible?

Also has anyone upgraded the foam in a couch? I've tracked down a few places and some are really expensive for foam depending on density.
72mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 04:47 AM   #10

Arkansas
Will you really be able to get those chairs into the RV? Seems like you would have to remove the slide-out, install the chairs, and then replace the slide-out.
slb5146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 04:55 AM   #11

New Mexico
Unless the chair can be taken apart?
72mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 06:38 PM   #12

Michigan
Transformer Sofa is Back!!

RowOne introduced the Transformer by Lane. It is even better! Using fabric instead of the vinyl so don't stick to it on parked days. From what I read if something goes wrong to the recliner part it can be replaced. Also has a zipped in lining that connects the back and the seat so that if coins and stuff fall out of my pocket I can reach back and get it and not have to move the sofa...it is heavy. Really comfortable and love the power headrest option. Anyway after reading the forum I wanted to find one.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Evolution-Sofa Open-Cropped.jpg
Views:	333
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	1346   Click image for larger version

Name:	Evolution Loveseat Open Silo.jpg
Views:	324
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	1347  

Loyaldriver is offline   Reply With Quote