Renovations and recycling wood for repairs - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Technical | Towing, Maintenance and Repairs > Interior and Living
Click Here to Login

Old 06-20-2018, 09:58 PM   #1

Maine
Renovations and recycling wood for repairs

My Dutchman 180 classic had the built-in stereo with cassette and radio and a little shelving unit just above the back wall by the dinette. I use Pandora and I have not only a great Bluetooth speaker but an iPad with four speakers on it as well so I never use it.

I decided today I was going to take it all out. I have 3 good reasons beyond what was said above. One, I plan to wall mount a tv in its place. Two, I have water damage on some of the cabinet trim around the power center, and the wood from the stereo cabinet will provide the raw material to replace the damaged parts. Three, I replaced the microwave with a more modern Dometic unit with turntable. It’s slightly smaller than the original ( and not even a third the weight! ) so I will need some filler trim. I will have enough left over from the power center fix to make it look factory. The original black screw down trim piece will hide the seams too, bonus.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2896B6B8-1AC4-42EA-8941-B8DD5724E2CF.jpeg
Views:	348
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	4788   Click image for larger version

Name:	219D0775-FC8D-4C94-A87B-62EFEA6729AB.jpg
Views:	337
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	4789  

MaineDutchmen180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 10:30 PM   #2

Maine
I am in Brewer and just purchased a 1993 Dutchman 240. Mine is missing the radio unit. I want to put in an aftermarket one but I only have 2 wires. One white and one green with white stripe. Neither have power. Can you help me out with what they go to??

Njdole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 12:03 PM   #3

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Njdole View Post
I am in Brewer and just purchased a 1993 Dutchman 240. Mine is missing the radio unit. I want to put in an aftermarket one but I only have 2 wires. One white and one green with white stripe. Neither have power. Can you help me out with what they go to??

Good morning Njdole! Welcome to the forum. When you are dealing with RV's, it's very possible that those wires could be for just about anything. Can you tell what gauge they are? If they are 24 gauge or so, they could even be speaker wires. In my experience with my RV's, the larger gauge wires are usually power (18 or 20). Good luck. Just a note, pictures are always helpful here.
franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 08:58 PM   #4

Michigan
Green is power or should be the white is Ground
Wile1coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2023, 06:25 AM   #5

New York
Renovations and recycling wood for repairs

Nice article
SophieGmail is offline   Reply With Quote