EcoPro Products - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-02-2016, 06:00 PM   #1

Minnesota
EcoPro Products

Has anyone heard of this product EcoPro Products?
The Dealership I purchased my trailer from wants to spray the inside of my trailer with the product but has been unresponsive when I asked for the SDS (MSDS) on the product.
Maybe someone has the MSDS they could share.
EcoPro Product will not supply me with the MSDS as I am not a dealer.
I am concerned about what my family will be breathing as I already have a child with respiratory issues and I don't what to put something in the trailer that will set it off.

bhoppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 06:22 PM   #2
Site Team

North Carolina
Never heard of them. I am suspect of any product that does not provide an SDS on demand, or make it readily available online. The "claim" that their product eliminates mold and mildew... it might on the surface, but it won't reduce it if it is in the wall. Why is the RV dealer pushing it? Are they trying to make extra money off of you for it?

Unfortunately under OSHA requirements (the governing body) SDS do not have to be provided to consumers. It is encouraged, but not required. However the dealer SHOULD have one as they are doing the application. If they do not and OSHA were to do an inspection they would most likely get slapped with a fine. I would keep harassing the dealer and refuse to have the spraying done, or pay for anything else until they provide one.

From the EcoPro website the stuff sounds harmless enough, BUT...

Aaron

wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 07:19 PM   #3

Minnesota
Dealer improperly installed a Front Bed door last year resulting in gallons of water entering the trailer during a rainstorm. After horrible customer service and a lot of back and forth and a Facebook post they are trying to make things right. This is one of their ideas to apply this after taking things apart and making sure there is no mold.
Old 05-02-2016, 08:52 PM   #4

British Columbia
We have lived through a mold and mildew problem in our house, and it ain't pretty.

Your camper is a perfect environment for mold to grow and it grows fast. There is only one proper way to remedy a mold problem, that is to strip the walls bare well past the extent of the outbreak and get it dried out. It took two high output fans running 24/7 for days to get the the moisture content of the wood down so it wouldn't support the growth of mold. You can spray all the chemicals you want at the problem, but they won't resolve a thing if there is hidden mold growing in the walls and under the floor.

This is not a job that I would entrust to an RV dealer, without having a restoration company signing off on the work that is done. I would talk with a restoration company and get their take on the dealers plan.

Good luck, I hope it all works out for you.

When I was a kid I was going nowhere fast, now I'm an old man I'm going everywhere slow.
hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 11:02 PM   #5

California
This is a good discussion as we just purchased a 3970 and the dealer was pushing this stuff hard. Of course my wife fell for the sales pitch and "has to have it." I am not sold at all. Fortunately we don't take delivery for 3 weeks, so we can drop this product from our purchase over the next week or so. I am trying to find out more information as well, but have run into dead ends everywhere.
'69 Chevy C10 396BB
Alsdas88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 11:46 PM   #6

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alsdas88 View Post
This is a good discussion as we just purchased a 3970 and the dealer was pushing this stuff hard. Of course my wife fell for the sales pitch and "has to have it." I am not sold at all. Fortunately we don't take delivery for 3 weeks, so we can drop this product from our purchase over the next week or so. I am trying to find out more information as well, but have run into dead ends everywhere.
These type of upsell items are the high profit margin items and you pay a premium buying them from a dealer. Many of these type of upsell things are sub-contracted, so you are paying the dealer to make a phone call. If it is a must have item you are better to shop it around.

There is not a lot of stuff used in the construction of an RV that can't be found in everyday use in some other industry. All it takes is a little bit of research, a lot easier now thanks to that www. thing.

Just a simple example, you need to replace the plug on your electrical cord. First place you would think of is an RV dealer. Why not Home Depot or Lowes, they sell electrical stuff.

When I was a kid I was going nowhere fast, now I'm an old man I'm going everywhere slow.
Old 05-03-2016, 01:14 PM   #7

California
Thank you for the sound advice. I will be canceling that un-needed part of the purchase.
'69 Chevy C10 396BB
Old 05-03-2016, 02:11 PM   #8

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alsdas88 View Post
Thank you for the sound advice. I will be canceling that un-needed part of the purchase.
Alan,

You are welcome.

If you take some of the cash you save and buy yourself a good moisture meter, some of the new pinless models are capable of detecting moisture several inches below the surface.

My old analog pin-type moisture meter is the most used tool in my RV kit. I'm kind of fanatical when it comes to keeping the water outside the camper, where it belongs. I check around everything that has penetrated the exterior walls and roof several times a year, after every rain and when I wash the camper.

Could come in handy during your PDI.

Old 05-03-2016, 03:14 PM   #9

Minnesota
Do you have a good suggestion on a brand for the moisture meter?
How about a Dehumidifier, do the Renewable Mini Dehumidifier work?
Old 05-03-2016, 03:40 PM   #10

Nevada
Alan, when she arrives, do a good walkthru, make sure everything is working, and if you find something, DON'T take it off the lot until they make the repair, once its off the lot, it may take you up to a year, to make it back in, they will say, we will make you an appointment etc. Your paying big money for your RV and you want to start out the right way. The Dealer wants it off the lot, so have them make the repairs...
2019 GMC 3500HD 4X4 CC DRW LB Bags Husky 26K Hitch Can Am Commander 1000 ATV
RVNevada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 04:58 PM   #11

Minnesota
Literally check everything!!!!! We did a walk through and were rushed and missed existing damage to a Front Bed door. It has been fixed but was/still is a huge pain ever since and resulted in water in the trailer. Don't be rushed no mater what they say. Open everything, look under everything, operate everything, and do it twice because like Rich said once it is off the lot you don't mean much to them.
Old 05-03-2016, 05:00 PM   #12

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoppe View Post
I haven't gotten serious about replacing my old analog pin type meter yet, but given my tendancy to like quality tools I will probably spend way more than I need to and get a professional model. Them suckers start at a couple hundred and go up. The big box home improvement stores carry at few different price points starting around $50.

When we're camping, we keep an eye on the hygrometer and use the fans to move the humid air out of the trailer. As the humidity rises, we turn the fan speed up and down as it lowers. I keep tell myself that I need to wire a humidistat into the fan circuit, but never seem to get to it. Too many projects and not enough time.

When we store the trailer we use calcium cloride (same thing as Dri-z-air) that I buy in 50# buckets. DW bought some dollar store strainers that fit in 1 gallon ice cream buckets. We set 6 of them out, couple in the bedroom, 1 in the bathroom and 3 in the kitchen/living area.

Old 05-03-2016, 10:07 PM   #13
Site Team

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoppe View Post
Protimeter, this is probably the best bang for your buck. I have my eye on one of the new fancy pants dual mode one at about triple the price.

A good meter is not going to be cheap, however it will pay for itself the first time you spot moisture. I consider it to be a form of cheap insurance. We use Delmhorst and Flir at work, cheapest one we have cost over $1,000.

Delmhorst, Tramex, Protimeter, Extech and Flir are the best on the market, you won't go wrong with any of theirs. Flir is geared more towards infrared, but they do make some moisture meters. My personal preference is Protimeter, that is what my old one was that got stolen a while back.

Aaron
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 10:10 PM   #14

California
Thanks for all the input folks. I never though of purchasing a moisture meter before seeing your posts. But it makes complete sense. As humidity and moisture is a killer to our Rv's it is good advice to inspect thoroughly and often.
'69 Chevy C10 396BB
Old 05-03-2016, 11:01 PM   #15

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoonc View Post
Protimeter, this is probably the best bang for your buck. I have my eye on one of the new fancy pants dual mode one at about triple the price.

Aaron
The fancy pants dual mode job is one of the ones that I have been eyeing too. I like them deep wall probes and the remote sensor. But it's the remote sensor that is the must have for me. It allows you to get into the blind crooks and crannies and still read the meter. There are alot of blind areas to get to in a camper.

My old meter is so old that it was Made in the USA and it's metered hundreds of cords of firewood in days. All it asks for is a new battery every year and it's happy.

Old 02-16-2018, 05:55 PM   #16

California
EcoRvPro expert

I work at a dealership that does the EcoRvPro service. I could go into the chemistry & science info and there is something to the claims BUT the conditions it is required to be applied are very very strict and the NYDH was quoted as saying they were concerned with hospital staff not being trained enough for the proper application...as for the exterior part it does seem to improve the surface etc. But bottom line
Everybody seems to not catch in the fine print on their website: garantees not valid on RV's.

rvemployee is offline   Reply With Quote