Closing up the pop out - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Technical | Towing, Maintenance and Repairs > Interior and Living
Click Here to Login

Old 05-19-2012, 12:42 PM   #1

Closing up the pop out

We enjoy our hybrid , yet have not found out the correct way to close up the pop out and store the mattress inside. Called the factory, they had no info, the owners manual has no info whatsoever, we assume when closed the mattresses r stored up against the pop out, yet not obvious how to do and keep the mattress in place, thanks for any wisdom.

Dessert first is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 01:49 PM   #2
VIP Member

Re: Closing up the pop out

Welcome to the Forum. I'm not familiar with your unit, but I'm sure somebody will. You might also try posting on
www.rv.net in the proper forum for your unit. Good Luck, I'm sure there is an answer.

2010 Dutchmen Lite 25C-GS[/left:3djbo713]
rgolding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 01:23 PM   #3

Re: Closing up the pop out

What year/model hybrid do you have?
We had a 2005 that would fold up nice and neat with the mattress fastened to the bunk door. Our new 2012 forces us to take one of the mattresses out and store it on the floor or table. A step backwards by Dutchmen for sure. Apparently the engineers are not really campers. We would sometimes set-up without opening the rear bunk but now I have a folded queen size mattress in the living area.
mcdanig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 05:29 AM   #4

Florida
We just returned today from taking 'GW' out for the very first time! GW is our first RV, a 2012 Coleman CTE184 Hybrid Travel Trailer. Yes, we wrestled with those mattresses and on the way home decided they were the one 'fly in the oiintment', so to speak. We really DO like GW, our little hybrid with his fold-out beds. When opened up right at our site's water's edge this weekend, we just felt it didn't get any better... having the comfort of a/c and interior amenities but with that wonderful 'tent camping' feel looking out over the water, hearing the night sounds and seeing the stars and moon. Doesn't get any better, I tell ya....but those mattresses were a bit of a buggabear, though they do fold and stow against the base (floor) of the fold-down (after folded up!). At GW's back end, there is a partial wall shared with the bathroom which is enough to hold the folded mattress against the base of the bed when folded up. At the tow hitch end, GW's front, there are thin bungee cords which hook to the ceiling to hold back the folded mattress against the base of the bed when folded up. We then close the curtains to cover unsightly mattresses and all is okay.

We talked on the way home and believe we may ditch the heavier queen size mattress if a good inflatable mattress with good support can be found. With an easy-to-use airpump and a mattress that can be deflated and stowed away when not in use and brought out easily as needed, this may solve the problem of the maniacal mattresses. Other than this, WE LOVE OUR HYBRID! What kind of hybrid do you have? Would love to exchange 'RV - Hybrid' tips, resources, and lessons learned with you. Let's keep in touch!
GWBushhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 05:37 PM   #5

Saskatchewan
You're not alone on the mattresses in these trailers. I wish the dealer would give you the option of what mattress you would like before you take possession of your trailer. In the fall of 2011 we took ownership of a 242RESL and the mattress was horrible. In 2012 on our way north of Seattle we stopped in at the Camping World and purchased another mattress which too was nothing more than a bunch of rocks sewn into a cloth bag. A month ago we stopped at the Camping World in Rogers, Mn and purchased a Sleep Number bed. We are hoping to be full timers in a few years so the extra expense for the Sleep Number will pay off. Just wished we could have paid for the sleep number in the very beginning and not have to had purchase those other two.
I know this doesn't help you (I just needed to vent! ) A couple of years ago we purchased a bed in a bag for when company comes and stays over. Blows up when needed and the mattress is separate from the frame. In your case you would just leave the frame at home and use the mattress on your camper bed. Good Luck in your search for a good bed, I think we all know how important a good night's sleep can be.

2013 Timber Ridge, 2013 GMC Sierra 6.2 L
kayakcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 09:09 PM   #6

Ohio
We had the first hybrid StarCraft 17ck it didn’t have those new locks like now and it was the only one of 8 that leaked inside
kodiak 2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 02:30 AM   #7

Alberta
I wish there was a different option for those beds that you fold down then lay in a big crease

Natalies23 is offline   Reply With Quote