2012 Infinity 3640RL Help! - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Technical | Towing, Maintenance and Repairs > Interior and Living
Click Here to Login

Old 04-08-2014, 11:31 AM   #1

Ohio
2012 Infinity 3640RL Help!

Finally was able to set up unit at my site this past weekend. Cannot figure out the following: One light switch in panel? , Using the propane guage? Shows red all the time and where do you place the indicater arm? Dometic thermostat confuses me as I cannot figure out zones and programs. Lastly sure cannot connect my direct tv nor get sound from surround sound on Samsung unit in living room. I know this is a bunch but not tech savey and need help. Reaching Out!

Mike and Maryellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 12:08 PM   #2

Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike and Maryellen View Post
Finally was able to set up unit at my site this past weekend. Cannot figure out the following: One light switch in panel? , Using the propane guage? Shows red all the time and where do you place the indicater arm? Dometic thermostat confuses me as I cannot figure out zones and programs. Lastly sure cannot connect my direct tv nor get sound from surround sound on Samsung unit in living room. I know this is a bunch but not tech savey and need help. Reaching Out!
Not sure what you're question is about the one light switch in panel. As for the propane, first verify there is propane in the bottles. They are not automatically filled from the dealer. But you say it's a 2012. Is it a new unit or new to you? If you know you have propane, shutoff both tanks and let the system bleed down. Then place the valve on the control head toward the bottle (hose) you want to feed from first. Then slowly open the valve on that bottle. Finally open the valve on the second bottle. For the thermostat, do you have the owners manual? If so take your time and go through it. We've all spent time trying to figure it out. If not you'll need to find it online and download it or try and get it through your dealer.

Old 04-08-2014, 12:15 PM   #3

Ohio
Thanks for helping me. It is new to me, so different from my old one. The light panel has one switch I cannot identify. Have turned it on and searched camper in and out. Makes me nuts. I will try to bleed the propane lines as suggested, as I know I have two full tanks. It is working but the issue was the with the white indicator box located on one side, not sure where to set the knob as it shows red all the time. States that it is an automatic swith over so I left it centered. Thermostat works have heat, read manual but zones confused me, as I dont know them. I sincerely thank you for your help. I wont even go to the little remote to operate things nor the keyless entry for a long time
Old 04-08-2014, 12:23 PM   #4

Washington
Don't actually bleed the lines. You don't want gas in the unit. Just shutoff the tanks and let them sit for about 10 minutes before turning them back on. Set the valve toward the tank you want to use first and then turn the valves on slowly. The light switch might be the welcome home light. It comes on when you open the door to light the entryway and then shuts off on its own.
Old 04-08-2014, 12:28 PM   #5

Ohio
Thanks will try with propane. Found Welcome home light....it is one of the switches on top row with no indicator words. As you look at panel it would be the second set of three from left to right. In that set it is the first one. If you dont no, no worries, one day I am sure I will find it
Old 04-08-2014, 03:01 PM   #6

Colorado
For sound on the samsung surround sound / dvd player you need to change the mode to F din on the display, this will route the sound from the fiber optic cable off the back of the TV to the surround sound input on the dvd player.
Grimtas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 06:27 PM   #7

Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike and Maryellen View Post
Thanks for helping me. It is new to me, so different from my old one. The light panel has one switch I cannot identify. Have turned it on and searched camper in and out. Makes me nuts. I will try to bleed the propane lines as suggested, as I know I have two full tanks. It is working but the issue was the with the white indicator box located on one side, not sure where to set the knob as it shows red all the time. States that it is an automatic swith over so I left it centered. Thermostat works have heat, read manual but zones confused me, as I dont know them. I sincerely thank you for your help. I wont even go to the little remote to operate things nor the keyless entry for a long time
The zones have to do with the Air Conditioning units. I don't have the same trailer as you but you probably have 2 A/C units. The zones allow you to run 1 or both of the units at a time. The bedroom is probably one zone and the lounge is the second zone. If you play with the thermostat a little and the zones you'll see which one turns on for zone 1 and zone 2.
Old 04-09-2014, 04:43 PM   #8

California
I don't have your rig but did you check outside when you tried the switch? Could be for a step light, porch or work light.
2012 F-350 6.7l CC 4X4, Sold 10/10/17
DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 02:38 AM   #9
Djs

Utah
I have a 2013 3640rl and have had to find out a few things from trial and error. To set up directv, connect your dish lnb coax cable to the sat connection in the left side cargo bay where your water connections are. Then connect your directv lnb/receiver power box in back of your tv so the coax connection going to the dish is connected to the 2nd connection from the top in back of the tv. The other coax from the power box goes to the back of your directv receiver. Then use an hd I cable from your receiver to the tv. Btw, the first coax from the top in back of the tv is connected to your roof antenna. Darned if I know where the bottom connection goes to yet or how to get directv signal to the bedroom. I also don't know what the middle electrical switch on the right cluster of three switches does. It probably isn't connected at all. Hope this helps.
Djs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 01:26 PM   #10

Oklahoma
Turn on that switch and check to see if you have LED lights under your awning. I had a switched that puzzled me in my 2014 Infinity 3610RL, and it is for the LED lights under the awning.
rbdimmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 08:37 PM   #11

Ontario
I have a 2012 Infinity 3640. On mine the left switch on the second row turns on the indirect lighting at the base of the front kitchen counter. The light for the base for the main island is over by the stove.To answer DJ's question, the middle switch on the bottom row is for the outside scare light on the drivers side.
For the thermostat, zone one is for the main AC (and heat pump in my case) and zone two is for the front AC. It has a sensor in the bedroom. You can turn one or both on by pushing the zone button and choosing the mode (cool, fan,off, auto, etc.) and setting the temp. you wish to maintain. You can set a different temp. for the bedroom than the main AC.
Not sure what the problem is with the surround sound, but I think you have to run the coax cable from your dish directly to your satellite receiver and then connect the receiver with an HDMI cable to one of the HDMI ports on the tv.At least thats the way mine works. I have another receiver in the bedroom and had to run another coax cable from the dish directly to it to get it to work.
The propane switch should be pointed to the tank being used and should only turn red if that tank is empty. It should automatically switch to the second tank but you have to manually point the switch to the full tank. It should turn black when you switch it. If it stays red there must be something wrong with the switch.
Hope this helps. I had to learn most of this by trial and error--the dealer was not much help.

Janeric is offline   Reply With Quote