Tires on Axles don't line up - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Technical | Towing, Maintenance and Repairs > Chassis and Running Gear
Click Here to Login

Old 06-27-2013, 02:09 AM   #1

Ontario
Tires on Axles don't line up

Hello to everyone. I have a 2012 Kodiak 263rlsl and just noticed after pulling away to go camping that the tires on one side of the trailer are not even. It seems that one is sticking out more than the other. On the other side they seem good. I have not noticed any uneven tire wear but I only travel about 50 miles where I go camping. Is this normal? I'm fairly new to all this.

thunder14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 01:55 PM   #2

Colorado
I Have a 276BHSL and noticed the rear axel tires are not exactly paralell with the front axel, just did a 900 mile trip and did not notice anything weird on tire wear or tracking.I'm curious also.

Torch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 03:17 AM   #3

Ontario
Talked to dexter axles and told me alignment might be out. I am going to take it in to a shop and see. I think something is wrong with the axles.
Old 05-13-2014, 11:50 PM   #4

Ontario
Finally took the trailer to the shop and they found the problem. One of the leaf springs were reversed. They turned it around and everything lined up. Too bad I never noticed while it was under warranty. Where is the quality control when these leave the factory?