Stabilizer Jacks - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-01-2014, 04:33 PM   #1

Alberta
Stabilizer Jacks

Our 2009 270RLX model Travel Trailer has self leveling stabilizer jacks. The stabilizer jacks are great at stabilizing the trailer front and back, but it does not stabilize the trailer side to side. I noticed the stabilizers slide inside the mounting channel, when weight is shifted side to side of the trailer. Has anyone found a way to lock the jacks from sliding inside the channel? My only other option is to install scissor jacks to the frame on each corner. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Nettech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 02:29 PM   #2

Alberta
My research on the net all point to installing some type of jack or stand near the trailer suspension. I will try this and update the post.

Nettech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 03:41 PM   #3

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nettech View Post
My research on the net all point to installing some type of jack or stand near the trailer suspension. I will try this and update the post.
Hey, neighbor.

Even though you have your stabilizers down, much of the weight is still on the tires. When you are walking around in the unit, you are getting a some rocking out of the tires.

Much of the motion can be removed if you use a chock that goes between the tires and locks the tires together.

Check out Woodys RV web site, they had a set of X-chocks on sale.
hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 11:22 PM   #4

Alberta
Thanks Hddecker

I do have wheel chokes in place. The movement from the suspension appears to be my target now. Hope the scissor jacks work. Do you currently have scissor jacks on your rig?
Old 07-03-2014, 11:46 PM   #5

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nettech View Post
Thanks Hddecker

I do have wheel chokes in place. The movement from the suspension appears to be my target now. Hope the scissor jacks work. Do you currently have scissor jacks on your rig?
Yes, I have scissor jacks on my rig, but they don't stop the rockin' and rollin'. The thing that stops it is the X-chocks between the wheels.
hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 03:00 PM   #6

Alberta
I have added the scissor jacks and the side-to-side rocking has greatly been reduced, to a point where I barely notice it. I located the jacks, one set, behind the wheels and the other set, half way between the wheels and the hitch. Hope this helps anyone with a similar issue.

Tags
270rlx