schwinn-tech - Dutchmen Owners

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Technical | Towing, Maintenance and Repairs > Chassis and Running Gear
Click Here to Login

Old 05-10-2013, 09:36 PM   #1

Michigan
schwinn-tech

New Infinity 3750 FL. Wondering if anybody with the schwinn-tec brand slide has had any trouble with it and if so what kind of trouble. Also, how large are the slide they are being used on? Are they superslides, single slides, motor home or 5th wheel?

thenak you for your input.

GOLDENYEARS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:11 PM   #2

Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLDENYEARS View Post
New Infinity 3750 FL. Wondering if anybody with the schwinn-tec brand slide has had any trouble with it and if so what kind of trouble. Also, how large are the slide they are being used on? Are they superslides, single slides, motor home or 5th wheel?

thenak you for your input.
Why? Are you having issues?

2012 Dutchmen 3850RL
Infinityrver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:53 PM   #3

Michigan
No, zero problems as of yet. Just wondering what to watch out for before it becomes serious is all.
GOLDENYEARS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 01:03 AM   #4

Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLDENYEARS View Post
No, zero problems as of yet. Just wondering what to watch out for before it becomes serious is all.
Actually, if your not having issues with your schwintek slides............chances are you won't.

My issues were that my bedroom room slide wouldn't go in all the way. About an inch and a half from completing. The issues were taken care of by recalibration and adjustments by a repair facility. Our galley slide had done the same thing not long afterward.

You also, asked about size of the slide. Our bedroom slide consist of the bed, dresser, and and two closets in the hallway. To my knowledge the 3850RL has the largest bedroom slide in the Thor family. Our galley slide is huge........I don't know if you would consider that a super slide...........I guess I would.

The "Schwintek " slides almost sound or feel like they're not going to complete the task. They do, but I guess I'm still not use to them yet.

2012 Dutchmen 3850RL
Old 05-11-2013, 01:08 AM   #5

Oklahoma
They like to be level when being retracted or extended. Even if one gets a little crooked it can be easily corrected.
My big slide is slower than the small one but I guess that's due to the size difference.
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 06:21 AM   #6

New Mexico
I have an issue with my front slide, one side of one half of the slide does not go in all the way, perhaps 1/2 or 1 inch out. Have not taken it in as we are full timing it.
72mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 10:15 AM   #7

Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by 72mach View Post
I have an issue with my front slide, one side of one half of the slide does not go in all the way, perhaps 1/2 or 1 inch out. Have not taken it in as we are full timing it.
Certainly makes it tough to have anything done on your coach when your full timing.

Wish we were full timing!

2012 Dutchmen 3850RL
Old 05-11-2013, 11:12 PM   #8

Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by 72mach View Post

If you go to Dutchman's home page and look for the manual for the slide you'll find the remedy for the slide.

From memory, hit the reset button six times and then one more time. Yeah, I know, that's seven times. That releases the motor brake and allows you to push in the side that is lacking. The bad part about the memory, I don't remember how to return the controller to normal. However, the good part is I remembered that I'm pretty sure I watched a you tube video on this.

It is simple and no need to leave your house at the dealer for a week.
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 05:04 PM   #9

New Mexico
Thanks for the info, we are planning on moving in a couple of weeks to another park and will check it out. Also saw the info on how to check the reservoir levels and top off instructions for the six point landing gear. The dealer replaced all the hydraulic lines during pdi as per a manufactures notice according to the tech. When we arrived at our latest campground I noticed fluid in the compartment and the cap was off. According to the instructions the level should be check when everything is retracted and topped off with ATF.
72mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 04:05 PM   #10

California
Cool Vertical Timing out on Schwinntek In Wall Slides

Having an issue on my 2012 Voltage V3200. Schwinntek in wall slides.

Living room slide is fully retracted at top but sticking out approx 1" - 1 1/2" on the bottom. I've been doing my reasearch and it looks like I have to take the whole track/wall mount apart.

Anyone else have a similar problem or know of a remedy that wont require several days/weeks in a repair shop?

DFlick328 is offline   Reply With Quote