Roadmaster Active Suspension - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-14-2016, 09:37 PM   #1

Colorado
Roadmaster Active Suspension

Anyone have experience with this setup?

Compare Products | Roadmaster Active Suspension Kits | Helper Springs | Overload Springs

Dale

DC8Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 11:15 PM   #2

Idaho
I'm interested.....wouldn't do me any good as my ram has a coil spring rear suspension. Non the less would like to know as I have a few buddies that might benefit.

The Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 03:07 AM   #3

Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fdhealy4 View Post
Dale, for us it was a waste of money. We've been pulling 5th wheels for 25 years now. We started out with an add a leaf back in the 80's and it sorta worked, meaning it took a little sag out of the rear when the trailer was attached. Next we went with the Firestone air bags with our next truck and trailer in the 90's and they worked amazing. In 2006 we were talked into the roadmaster setup by a slick talking sales rep and it was a HUGE step backwards like the old add a leaf. So much so I threatened to sue CW and forced them to take it back. Went back to Firestone bags and it again was great. Our new setup is again Firestone bags with onboard compressor and in dash gauge so I can adjust them on the road.

There is always two sides to every story, and im sure someone will refute my experience against theirs and thats ok. But for us our experience was horrible. If your just looking to eliminate axle wrap, then it may be a good choice, otherwise I'd stick with the bags.
WMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 10:37 AM   #4

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMac View Post
In 2006 we were talked into the roadmaster setup by a slick talking sales rep and it was a HUGE step backwards like the old add a leaf.
Looks like another snake oil salesmans pitch to me. When I first started towing a TT, I tried a couple of similar products, none of which worked as promised.

I've gone with adding an extra leaf spring on my old 2000 F250 and it worked as better than any of the of the add-ons that I had tried. I can't remember what I paid the spring shop for the job now, but I do remember it was right around the price of an add-on kit I had looked at.
The bonus was I didn't have to get my hands dirty.

When I was a kid I was going nowhere fast, now I'm an old man I'm going everywhere slow.
hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 03:35 PM   #5

California
Their site says they will even save fuel! I think I'll pass
2012 F-350 6.7l CC 4X4, Sold 10/10/17
DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 05:35 PM   #6

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRat View Post
Their site says they will even save fuel! I think I'll pass
Mike,

Don't you like snakeoil?

When I was a kid I was going nowhere fast, now I'm an old man I'm going everywhere slow.
Old 02-16-2016, 06:29 PM   #7

California
Retired as a Fleet Manager in a City down here in the desert after 22+ years. Last 13 years a Service Manager at a tractor dealership. I've seen & heard them all.
I do have to say a couple come to mind that do live up to it's claims.
I'm not a salesman just a old dumb mechanic but Freeze Off & Anti Seize do work as advertized.
2012 F-350 6.7l CC 4X4, Sold 10/10/17
DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 07:52 PM   #8

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRat View Post
Retired as a Fleet Manager in a City down here in the desert after 22+ years. Last 13 years a Service Manager at a tractor dealership. I've seen & heard them all.
I do have to say a couple come to mind that do live up to it's claims.
I'm not a salesman just a old dumb mechanic but Freeze Off & Anti Seize do work as advertized.
Yep and there's been plenty of them over the years.

Now if they were marketing this thing as a traction bar it would make more sense, than a miracle cure for a saggy bottom.

My first job as a kid was working for a dumb old mechanic. To bad we don't have mechanics any more, just technicians that need a computer to tell them what to replace. It was magic to watch him diagnose problems just by looking and listening.